• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Near death experiences

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was just thinking about the fact that there's so many things out there that can kill us and I wondered have you ever had a near death experience (or more than one?) If you're willing to share, that is - you could just say you did, but not go into details if you'd like, (this could range from anything at all that had the potential to kill you at some point).

If you have, has your view of life changed as a result or has nothing really changed for you? If you haven't, do you think your outlook on life would change?

As for me, I'd kind of classify the hole in my heart as a kid as one, as well as the time when I fell off something and nearly hit my head on concrete but got winded anyway. I was too young to really register either of those so it didn't really affect my view of life. :x If I was older, yeah pretty sure it would.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I have been almost hit by lots of cars, almost drowned, almost fallen off a few cliffs, and almost died a few other ways. (Some of them are actually pretty funny). They are all pretty trivial so my life doesn't dramatically change from them. Of course I still learn from my mistakes so I don't almost die in the exact way for the exact same reason twice. I'm not about to be afraid of leaving the house because a car will run me over or anything. I will be NOT AFRAID of that ever.
    (I hope I made Nica happy with that).

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • A vehicle accident did nearly kill me. I'm told I was gone for about 3 minutes. Of course during that time I had an actual NDE that I can remember.

The near death probably did change me in some respects.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I almost drowned when I was about 13. I haven't really liked swimming ever since. So now if you knew I didn't like swimming, this is the reason why. Feel informed?

Years
  • I almost drowned once, too, but I don't remember anything special about the experience except the lack of air and panicking. Maybe I just wasn't "near" enough since I didn't go unconscious or anything. At least not that I remember.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've had a few near death experiences. Let's list 'em!

- Before I was born, my umbilical cord was tied in three knots that the doctors were surprised I had lived. So I almost died before even being born!

- At the age of two, my grandma has these pretty large, long concrete steps. I managed to fall from the top to the bottom. I really can't remember experiencing it though. I was only two after all.

- Sometime when I was a baby, I was in the car and I managed to slip out of my seat belt and fly out the car window. I would have died, but luckily my dad has fast reflexes and caught me by the legs all while trying to evade crashing into an incoming truck.

- I was almost struck by lightning once. All I remember from that was a bright flash of light directly in front of me during a thunderstorm.

- I was almost electrocuted. That was me being really stupid though, and wasn't thinking that I could have died.

I feel like there's two more near death experiences that I feel occurred, but I can't remember them. I consider myself a survivor with reason for living.

True story.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I have been almost hit by lots of cars, almost drowned, almost fallen off a few cliffs, and almost died a few other ways. (Some of them are actually pretty funny). They are all pretty trivial so my life doesn't dramatically change from them. Of course I still learn from my mistakes so I don't almost die in the exact way for the exact same reason twice. I'm not about to be afraid of leaving the house because a car will run me over or anything. I will be NOT AFRAID of that ever.
    (I hope I made Nica happy with that).
    Pretty much this, and especially on the cars front (hoo boy, I can't even count the amount of times I probably should have been hit by a car... stupid me and my lack of road safety!). None of them have profoundly changed my life in any way, except for the life-long lesson of always WATCHING WHERE I'M GOING, GODDAMMIT! Apart from that, no revelations. Sorry!

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I wouldn't call it an exact NDE, but I wouldn't have survived my first days without surgery.
    I also nearly drowned when I was a baby.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I almost got trampled by cars few times, had pneumonia and nearly drowned. I don't know if it counts as an NDE, but also a window glass dropped out of some building and almost fell at me.

Last edited:

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I almost drowned once when I was little, and just this past December, we were coming home from my sister's graduation (me and my father), and he drove into a cloud of smoke, and slammed on the brakes. He said if there was a truck in front of us, we'd have been dead.

My NDE's have taught me to be extremely careful.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • The only near-death experiene that I can remember happened last week. My school bus almost ran me over. At first I was gonna let it, but I jumped out of the way at the last second. I kinda walked in front of the bus last second, and the bus driver just didn't see me. Woops, my bad. And I'm the only person who knows of this. I missed the bus tho. What did I learn? Don't walk in front of buses, unless they're in park.

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
    Years
  • I almost got bit by a poisonous snake once, i shot it with a bb gun. i was like a 13 inch laptops width away from me. almost crapped my pants

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Let's see.....

I've....
    -Almost Drowned in a Bathtub when I was super little
    -Almost Drowned dragging a boat back to shore
    -Fell off a building last week(ouch... )
    -Have been almost hit by multiple cars exceeding the speed limit by at least 20. -___-

My views haven't really changed. I still live life the way I want and always have: For me and mine, at whatever cost. You get one life, as long as you put 110% effort into living it, then it does not matter when you die. I live with no regrets, so when I die, I will be happy where I am in life. TBH, I don't want to be old. That is a fate worse than death, imo. Live fast, die young.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Why are so many kids that can't swim being allowed to play near water? lol. I once got dragged underwater when rope on a boat got tangled around my leg, but I don't consider it a near drown.

No I haven't ever nearly died. I had many hospital visits as a kid, but humans are built to survive and I doubt I was ever near death.

k-9 unit

flood infected pikachu (BRAINS
    Years
  • i almost got hit while riding my scooter by a mazda R-8 (yeah, i'm a kid and i know my cars.) so now i always check around the corner...

before that i was almost hit by a Mercedes-Benz (or a lancer i don't remember)

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I have a strong resistance to changing my outlook and personality, so it probably wouldn't change me that much. It would be awe-inspiring, but I sincerely hope I never have one. An out-of-body experience, on the other hand...

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday

The amount of times I've nearly drowned, been electrocuted, been burnt to death, hit by a car etc is just too much for me to count. But out of the times, the one I remember the most is when I was about eight, almost getting hit by a bus crossing the street. If it weren't for my little sister dropping something and me stopping to pick it up, I would've certainly been hit head on and probably wouldn't be typing this right now.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Nothing big or anything but I was about 12(?) during Guy Fawkes at the beach with my parents and other family. I was a little off by myself but not far from my parents to see. Some stupid kid about 15/16 ... well older than me decided to aim fireworks at me. He thought it was funny to aim some big explosives at a tiny 12 year old girl. Lucky I haad the reflexes to dodge it. I don't know what would've happened if I didn't jump to the side...

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Last year when I was doing a 3k swimming competition I nearly drowned by being stung by a poisonous jellyfish D: I would've totally won if I weren't stung ;w; And in another swimming competition (25 meter backstroke) I honestly don't know how but I managed to bump my head real hard against the side of the pool and I started to bleed like a lot, so much that I can possibly die from blood loss or something like that D: Oh and before the summer holidays I fell off a tree and almost landed on my spine which would probably paralyze me lol. Aaand I almost died in a car crash when I was 8. o.o People in Japan can't drive. >.>

Back