• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Near Legendary?

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    To me there are 4 category's Pok?mon can fall under, there is Normal, Legendary, Ancient and Near Legendary.

Normal would be what most Pok?mon fall under due to them not being special in any way such as being all powerful as the Legendary are or being old like the Ancient.
    Legendary of course are the cream of the crop, being uber powerful and the rarest as well as having the highest stats in the games.
    Ancient are Pok?mon from back in the day like Kabuto and the Unown so there just Normal Pok?mon but from back in the day.

And Near Legendary are simply put Pok?mon who reach close to the levels of Legendaries which is why there called Near Legendary. And when I say levels I mean in terms of power and abilities and not levels literally obviously.

One such Pok?mon in my opinion is Arcanine as its stats simply are near that of Legendaries. As well as all the wonderful things said about it in the Pok?dex texts.

Any Pok?mon you consider Near Legendary?
    If so say which you consider to be Near Legendary and why.

Last edited:
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Crosman said:
    How about Slaking for near legendary?
    Well, I'm not here to say yes or no really to what people say unless someone has the balls to say something like Magikarp being a Near Legendary which be laughable.

I just wanted to see what you all think.
    So if you think Slaking is a Near Legendary then say why you think so as I stated initially.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Metagross is near legendary for me.

No 4x weakness
    Can't be poisoned
    High physical
    Fairly high spec.att (although I doubt anyone has special moves on Gross)
    Defences good too

I mean, its only weakness is that it can't buff up or anything.

Years
    I was being sort of sarcastic, no biggie though.

Kingdra is near legendary in my opinion.

1 weekness & it's a Dragon.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Crosman said:
    I was being sort of sarcastic, no biggie though.

Kingdra is near legendary in my opinion.

1 weekness & it's a Dragon.
    I agree.
    Rain Dance+Swift Swim is godlike when used right.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2006
    i don't think there is such a thing as near legendary lol
    Arcanine is definitrly not legendary, its not that rare
    all the officer jenny have lots of growlithes, which they can then evolve into Arcanine, even Gary has one

i know it says on the card and maybe on the game as well that its legendary but i'm sure its not the real meaning of legendary

legendary pokemon have lots of fuss made over them, not arcanine

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

I'd just take out the Ancient category since there's nothing special about all the prehistoric Pokemon that separates them from the average Pokemon other than the fact that they're…prehistoric.

Anyways the semi-legendaries would be Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence and Metagross.

Wobbuffet is also on the same level as legendaries even though it's not a legendary itself. But seriously, it can beat every one of the legendaries if used right. Mirror Coat for Special attacks, Counter for physical, Safeguard for status, and Encore for every other move. And lets not forget Shadow Tag which means…omg, you can't escape! (except with Baton Pass) And it gets Destiny Bond too. Wobbuffet is one Cheap Pokemon.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    krumpy said:
    Arcanine is definitrly not legendary

Never said it was legendary, I use the term Near Legendary as a way of conveying a Pok?mon powers and abilities more being near or that of a Legendary there for dubbing it a Near Legendary.

So don't anyone get confused, I am not saying any Near Legendary are legendary.
    aragornbird said:

I?d just take out the Ancient category since there?s nothing special about all the prehistoric Pokemon that separates them from the average Pokemon other than the fact that they?re?prehistoric.
    Well, true there is nothing special but I found the Ancient category good for classifying the Unown mainly as there obviously not Normal but neither do they belong to the other category's therefore there defined as Ancient and since other Pok?mon are Ancient there thrown in there too. Even I admit the only difference between Normal and Ancient is age but all that matters is there's a difference when it comes to categorizing Pok?mon.

Last edited:
    Years
    I agree with Slwoking as well.

Some of the starter pokemon can perform some legendary power.....Swampert is a good example.

Ground/Water

Electric has no effect......Elite in my opinion.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

phunboy said:
    Well, true there is nothing special but I found the Ancient category good for classifying the Unown mainly as there obviously not Normal but neither do they belong to the other category's therefore there defined as Ancient and since other Pok?mon are Ancient there thrown in there too. Even I admit the only difference between Normal and Ancient is age but all that matters is there's a difference when it comes to categorizing Pok?mon.
    Then you might as well make a Gimmick Pokemon category because that?s what the Unown are. That?s the spot for Pokemon that are radically different from normal ones because of their stats or moves (or lack of moves). Like Ditto, Smeargle, Shuckle, Magikarp, even Eevee and Tyrogue if you consider branched evolution to be an outstanding quality.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Crosman said:
    I agree with Slwoking as well.

Some of the starter pokemon can perform some legendary power.....Swampert is a good example.

Ground/Water

Electric has no effect......Elite in my opinion.
    although i love swampert it has a 4x weakness to grass *runs off crying*

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    ____ said:
    although i love swampert it has a 4x weakness to grass *runs off crying*
    But to compensate for that, there arn't any overpowerful Grass moves (no one ever uses Solarbeam...), and Swampert can stack Curse.

Barrysun

Team Rocket hater!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2006
    for me, Eevee for it's amazing Eeveelutions! Vapereon is my Near Legendary cause of it's sheer Specal attack and defence. it can amazingly stand out against most electric types then most water types that arn't ground types.
    Salamence, Metagross, Zangoose, Lappas, Dragonite, Snorlax, Marowak, and Tyranitar are also very strong pokemon in their own rights.

Back