• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Necessary Sequels

Yukari

Sometimes you finish a game, and then realize that there are pleasant of loose ends that were left untied. Or you just love a game so much that you want more of it. Regardless of why there are probably video games that we all feel just need sequels. So what are some sequels that you want to see?

My pick is Megaman X9. While Megaman X8 was really just average I did enjoy playing it. But it left a lot of loose ends untied story-wise. What happens to axl? Is Sigma really dead? Though if you're really a Megaman fan you would know that
    Spoiler:
    And when do the elf wars begin? So at the end there are a lot of unanswered
    questions. And I would love to see a new Megaman X game in general aside from the unanswered questions.

Though knowing Capcom it'll never happen.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I kinda feel we're at a point with LoZ that the TP timeline needs to be forwarded. Not a sequel persay, but in general that line of canon is the one without restraints, but also the one that could expand on the evolution of Hyrule the best by going from OoT->TP->Wii U(?) Zelda in terms of both a technical evolution in size and what not, but story wise. Much like how TP felt like OoT after 100 years or so, that's what I want from Zelda U.
    Anyway, the obvious 1999 Castlevania we'll never get. Or on a less known yet needed game series, Summoner 3. The lore of that world is amazing, and I want another one. Too bad Voilition is stuck on Saint's Row.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Condemned was a great game imo, and while the second one was marred by "every game needs multi-player" it did set up a pretty interesting story and world. In the past they talked about rebooting, and I think it would be great if they did. But the fact is that it's extremely unlikely at the moment.

Also, FRIGGIN MEGEMAN LEGENDS 3, CAPCOM! YOU BASTARDS!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I could really go for a Misadventures of Tron Bonne sequel. But that will never happen. So much sad since that was and still is in my top 5 favorite games of all time.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I kinda feel we're at a point with LoZ that the TP timeline needs to be forwarded. Not a sequel persay, but in general that line of canon is the one without restraints, but also the one that could expand on the evolution of Hyrule the best by going from OoT->TP->Wii U(?) Zelda in terms of both a technical evolution in size and what not, but story wise. Much like how TP felt like OoT after 100 years or so, that's what I want from Zelda U.
    I would love this. The Child Timeline holds some of my favourite Zelda titles (MM and TP). Everything is grander and more epic in that timeline. Even Four Swords Adventures, while 2D and constrained, just felt like a world so full of life.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Don't have much in mind but here we go:

Descent: Freespace 2
    Freelancer
    Chrono Cross (well...there was Chrono Break hype at one point but sadly that project was canceled)

Not to forget to mention that I'm an avid retro gamer...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm sure there are a lot of games that I'd personally like to see some sequels for, but it's kind of tough to think of any at the moment, unfortunately...

Off top of my head, I'd say one would probably have to be Megaman Battle Network. If I'm not mistaken, this series ends after Network 6. Most games within the particular series do follow through their anime counterpart and whatnot, but in terms of latter, a lot more things go in latter in terms of plot and whatnot, which, I believe, they would be able to base one more game off.

Hope I made some sense there! I understand that not much people did not continue to keep up, but nonetheless, I'm sure there are many fans out there that would have loved it had there ever been a continuation, including myself. A group of friends even started working on a fan-game themselves to portray how Battle Network 7 could have possibly been if Capcom had actually developed it, but unfortunately, I don't believe they have managed to fully complete it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • It's never gonna happen, but if they made a new Meat Boy game I would buy it instantly because it's like the best platformer ever.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'm still waiting for the third installment of Golden Sun. Dark Dawn just didn't feel like a true successor to the first two games and was more like a spinoff. I mean the main plot device that you see at the beginning simply gets ignored for the rest of the game.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Crash Twinsanity 2- We NEED another game like this. It was buggy sure and short, but it was hella fun.

We definetly need a TP follow up. I would love to see that world revisited again :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • There is a Super Meat Boy sequel being made.

I've mentioned it so many times now, but seriously. The World Ends with You 2. And Sleeping Dogs 2, as well. But of course, Square Enix will never give the fans what they want, will they?
    Oh, that goes completely against something that Edmund McMillan said before, which was that he wanted to use the characters more but not make a sequel to SMB. Well I guess things change, haha. Well this is definitely great news, especially with the new Isaac coming. Lots of awesome. There is also an improved version of Aether planned.

Well to keep this on topic, another sequel I would love is a follow up to Jade Empire. It's a great world that was very flushed out and I would love to see it again.

Also a more traditional new Crash Bandicoot game would be nice. I never got into the redesigned ones. I want Naughty Dog to make it, but they won't.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Necessary Sequels

Please, Square Enix? ;_;

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Oh, that goes completely against something that Edmund McMillan said before, which was that he wanted to use the characters more but not make a sequel to SMB. Well I guess things change, haha.

Yeah, but few devs stick to their word when it comes to sequels.

Of course, they will do new FF instead to feed the biggest lie in gaming history =D
    (You know, the lie about "Final" Fantasy being... final)

Well, I have to give some credit to Square Enix, though. After three FFXIIIs and all the poor decisions over the past few years, they are finally starting to get back on track. Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 look good.

And also, Rockstar needs to give us sequels to both Bully and Red Dead Redemption. Seriously.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I really think this thread needs more Half Life 3.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • People have probably never played/heard of these games I'm about to list, but I really wish that a sequel was made for both Vanquish and Dante's Inferno. Both are excellent, superb games in my opinion, but unfortunately because of the dismal sales that both produced there really isn't any plans for sequels in the work. Which is really unfortunate considering both of the games were left on pretty big cliff hangers - it would have been nice to get some closure.

Back