• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a 6th

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Alright so I'm absolutely stumped as to what I want as my 6th Team Member

Current Team

Quilava lv. 28
    Cloyster lv. 28
    Heracross lv. 28
    Sudowoodo lv. 29
    Crobat lv. 31

I would prefer not to use a grass type because just about every single one of them requires a leaf stone and I just had to do Pokeathlon to get a water stone for Cloyster and it was grueling. Whoever doesn't generally sucks.

I am in the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany town currently. I would prefer if I didn't have to train anything from a really low level.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Well, my recommendation would be to add an Electric-type. Right now, the best Electric-type you have access to is Flaaffy, which will evolve into Ampharos (really good Pokemon) at level 30. But, it can only be found, at the highest, at level 17, so you'll have to do some training. Find the highest level wild Pokemon you can to train against. You can find Flaaffy on Route 43 to the north.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Well I'm at the part now where I can get an Electrode. Is that worth it?

Well, Electrode isn't a bad Pokemon, it has an incredibly high speed stat, and the other stats aren't too bad, but Ampharos has better stats, with the exception being its low speed. Also, Electrode's only level-up Electric moves in Gen 4 are Spark and Charge Beam, which are somewhat weak, meaning you would have to use TMs for the others. Ampharos, on the other hand, learns Thunderpunch upon evolving from Flaaffy, and Discharge shortly after at level 34. You could still teach Electrode, say, Thunderbolt, but if you teach it to Ampharos, but it would be much more powerful behind Ampharos, with its Special Attack having a base of 115, whereas Electrode's is 80. Another advantage to Ampharos is that it learns Signal Beam, a Bug move, at level 42, giving it additional defense against Psychic, Dark, and Grass. Overall, I would take the time to train Flaaffy towards evolution; it's well worth it.

Back