• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need a Flying Type

Which Pokemon should be the 5th on my main list?

• Swellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honchkrow

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Staraptor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please state in comment and why

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    I'm building up my all-star team right now and I plan on using it on the elite four (didn't beat the game yet).

So far I got: Emolga, Grovyle, Lampent, Monferno.

They're based on favorites and nothing else. I don't really care about power. :)

I'm in need of a flying type, but I'm having big problems choosing it.
    There's Honchkrow - He was one of my original pokemon in Diamond, and became the strongest on my team.
    Then there is Staraptor - He was my ultimate when I first got Diamond. He was also the only pokemon I kept after I started a new game with Honchkrow.
    And finally, Swellow - Swellow is just plainly on my favorite list. I think he looks epic. (Except for his hair which is all I'm ashamed of)

I want a public answer which pokemon deserves to be on my top 6 team.
    ---------
    Btw, base your decision as if they were to appear on a show or movie. :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hm. If you don't really care about a Pokemon's power, and your team is based on favorites, then go with your favorite Pokemon really.

However, I suppose that's the reason you came to us, isn't it?

Honchkrow sports a very large attack stat, along with a decent amount of moves to use with it. He offers himself as something of a switch-in for Lampent in the gase of opposing Ghost moves; if only typing wise, and that's being generous. I'm not really sure about Lampent (or his family's) base stats, either, so I can't really say that. He is cool, though, and if you want to use him go for it.
    (Oh! He also goes well if Monferno ever needs to escape from a Psychic move!)

Staraptor is the only Normal/Flying type you'll ever see that has Close Combat, at least off the top of my head. That, along with his other moves, high attack and Intimidate, make him a prime candidate for a good Flying type. While I'm not sure if you'll need that coverage move when you have Monferno, I suppose it is good to have in mind when facing off against a Steel or Rock type who's trying to own your Monferno with Earthquake. (Watch out for Rock-type moves!)
    (He's more physically defensive than Honchkrow, but not so much on the special side.)

Finally, we have Swellow. This guy is, I think, faster than the other two. Additionally, there is something about Swellow which his other competitors wish they had; Guts. Combined with a decently high attack stat, and a very good speed stat, Swellow can sweep beautifully with a status affliction.
    There is, however, one thing to remember about this bird. Honchkrow has Dark; Staraptor has Close Combat; Swellow has Facade and Brave Bird, the former which Ghost types (but not Psychic types!), Rock types and Steel types resist, and the latter which the other two have already. Swellow is awesome, but not the guy to turn to for versatility.

In conclusion, the evidence is there for you to decide. Whichever one you pick doesn't really matter in terms of playing the actual game by yourself. (Heck, you could have a team consisting of Bibarel and Butterfree through the game, and you'd still be able to beat it)

Hopefully this helped. Good luck with grinding!

Zinock

♚Where Legends Are Born♚
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Staraptor is pretty good,you also need to know the lvl and the power and etc

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • They are all good in my opinion, and if your just looking for your favorite just go with one of them..It doesnt really matter if you dont care about it right? In the end, they will all work extraordinary depending on how you use 'Em. If your having trouble, go Eenie Meanie Minie MOE! Or flip a coin.. Personally, I like Swellow the best, if only for his looks. But Honchkrow does have those Dark type moves...

Back