• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need an Opinion

Years
    • Age 35
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 27, 2005
    As many of you know, a company over in Singapore known as Chuang Yi comics translated Japanese mangas into English. I stumbled upon teh site and was overjoyed to find translated versions of Pokemon Adventures that Viz had not done (meaning they continued it past the Yellow Saga).

I felt the sudden urge to purchase, but then I held back. And I wondered...was it worth it? I know that sometimes the english translations can be a bit sketchy.

So I wanna know...are these Mangas worth buying? Are they well translated (do the words flow together right and is the storyline easy to find out)?

As you can see I'm a very cautious buyer. I usually don't buy something until I'm sure its worth being bought.

So if you have purchased mangas from this company...is it worth it?

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
    not worth it....

my manga scans and translations will be on ps.tk soon so just be patient if you want to save money

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    daKING115 said:
    As many of you know, a company over in Singapore known as Chuang Yi comics translated Japanese mangas into English. I stumbled upon teh site and was overjoyed to find translated versions of Pokemon Adventures that Viz had not done (meaning they continued it past the Yellow Saga).

I felt the sudden urge to purchase, but then I held back. And I wondered...was it worth it? I know that sometimes the english translations can be a bit sketchy.

So I wanna know...are these Mangas worth buying? Are they well translated (do the words flow together right and is the storyline easy to find out)?

As you can see I'm a very cautious buyer. I usually don't buy something until I'm sure its worth being bought.

So if you have purchased mangas from this company...is it worth it?

You cannot purchase it if you are staying anywhere outside of Singapore, unless you come to the country to get it/get a friend from Singapore to buy and send it over.
    However, the translations from 1-7 and book 10 onwards are generally all right. Book 8-9 were kind of badly edited, but the storyline flows all right.

Years
    • Age 35
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 27, 2005
    Are you sure you can't purchase? I was at chuang yi and signed the guestbook, asking about the online purchasing system (which is down), and i mentioned I was plannin on buying, and my post said I was form teh US, and the guy who answer my question didn't seem to say anythin about that. Unless he thought I was comin over...or sumthing...

Well, Purin, is this where you got your comics from? I noticed on pokespecial.tk that u had the english versions of the gold/silver mangas. Did you get yours from Singapore?

Back