• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help! Lost miserably against Will

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
Years
  • Okay... So, I just tried to beat Will of the elite 4 and lost to his first Xatu... How humiliating... -_-'.... Now I'm thinking of switching one of my pokémons to Rhydon... Which one should it be? Oh, and other help is welcome too!

Leaf, the lvl 41 Meganium
    Moves:
    Headbutt
    Petal Dance (ACCIDENTALLY replaced Magical leaf with this weak move T_T)
    Synthesis
    PoisonPowder

Krabs, the lvl 40 Kingler
    Moves:
    Surf
    Metal Claw
    Strength
    Mud Shot

Vipah, the lvl 40 Arbok
    Moves:
    Iron Tail
    EarthQuake
    Sludge Bomb
    Crunch

Birdy (NICKNAME CHANGE IN CONSIDERATION), the lvl 40 Pidgeot
    Moves:
    Roost
    FeatherDance
    Wing Attack
    Fly

Gas, the lvl 40 Haunter
    Moves:
    Curse
    Shadow Ball
    Dream ater
    Hypnosis

Roast, the lvl 31 Dratini
    Moves:
    Extremespeed <3
    Thunder Wave
    Waterfall
    Dragon Rage

EDIT: I KNEW I missed something... It was the sprites... -.-

Last edited:

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
  • I'd really recommend teaching your Kingler some sort of Ice move. Try winning the Ice Beam TM (TM13) from the Game Corner, or get Avalanche (TM72) from the Ice Cave. I'll admit, I'm not the best at strategical movesets, but when you look at the Elite 4, every member has at least one Pokemon who's weak against Ice.

For your case, Will has three Pokemon who are weak against Ice-type moves (His two Xatus and his Exeggutor).

You'd also probably want to work on leveling your Pokemon up. All of the Pokemon in the league are 40+, with the highest leveled Pokemon being Lance's Dragonite at level 50.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • Thanks... I feel like an idiot for not teaching Kingler Avalanche... -.-
    But yeah, any suggestions for replacements? The only pokemon I insist on keeping are the first three... Well... Pidgeot would be nice, if it would just learn that Wing Attack already! Oh... Only one level for that xD

Also, what could be a good replacement for Haunter? I just find it's lack of moves annoying... As... Well... Game corner being as it is =/

Oh, and just a question that may or may not have anything to do with the team ATM... Would Sandslash be ok, if I'd teach it EQ?

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Your team is underleveled, big time.

Why do you have so many HMs on your main pokemon? Have 6 or so main battle pokemon and a couple HM slaves instead.

Try to have most, if not all, of these type moves somewhere on your team:
    Fighting; Ice; Psychic; Electricity; Water; Fire; Ground; Rock

I'd really recommend getting slowbro or starmie if you can. They both cover a lot of types.Other pokemon you could use include: ampharos, kadabra, heracross.

Use physical attacks on physical pokemon and the opposite for special. EX. Don't put surf on Kingler! Try waterfall instead. Use the pokemon's strengths to your advantage.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • I'm aware of my Kingler's situation... It cant learn Watefall... I tried T_T
    I have the HM's because they fit them. Like, Strength is better than Stomp, etc.

Hmm... Kadabra, eh? Have to check... Hmm... Would it be good to teach it/Haunter Charge beam

Ookay... So I went and changed my team around a bit... And taught Arbok EQ...
    Any other tips?

Last edited:
    Years
  • i beat the e4 w/ these pokemon raikou lvl 41 thunder spark reflect quick attack.ho-oh lvl 48 extrasensory sunnyday fireblast sacred fire.gyrados lvl 48 blizzard avalanche surf hydro pump.meganium lvl 46 frenzy plant petal dance magical leaf solarbeam gravler lvl 38 eartquake magnatude strength rock smash. drowzee lvl 25 headbutt hypnosis confusion shadowball. try gyardos :)

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Oh yeah, didn't check Kingler's movepool beforehand. My apologies. I rarely use Kingler. Perhaps you can train it so it learns Crabhammer, its sig move.

VARIETY IS IMPORTANT in movesets. For example, look at a Slowbro. Instead of Confusion/Psychic/Surf/Water Gun, something along the line of Psychic/Surf/Ice Beam/CM or Flamethrower makes it a counter to more types of pokemon. Do you see where I'm going with this? Start out with variable pokemon like that as foundation of your team.

You still lack almost all the moves I suggested you should get. Try to get most, if not all, of them.

Ryu-kun

Dreeeaaaams...
    Years
  • Okay... So, I have taken back my original team and leveled them up properly... I am almost ready to E4, except for Dragonair... Any suggestions for it?

Oh, and Kingler learns Crabhammer at lvl 56... So I think I'll go with these ^_^

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite

Have I made my point clear? Just steer clear of stuff with ice attacks.

Once you get dragonite use the most powerful physical moves, not crap like dragon rage.

Years
  • ICE BEAM!!

I have a suggestion. Get ice beam and teach it to kingler, when you get to lance he has 3 dragonites, ice beam will do x4 damage on dragonite so you will most likley 1-hit KO them.

Back