• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help making form script

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Hey all,
    I'm currently making a game in Essentials, and one thing I've been wondering about is this form script people have suggested.

Bascially:
    Singlet's sprite has a non-matching pair of numbers for eyes, (eg 12, 37, 85, 92). When it evolves into Dubus, the script picks one of the numbers (let's say it picked 3 out of 36), and makes Dubus's eyes a pair of matching numbers, in this case 33. When Dubus evolves into Tripsius, Tripsius, it's eyes become simply a trio of what Dubus's eyes were, in this case 333.

We have all the sprites needed, but I don't know how to make a script that does this.

Help?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Sorry, I had a very elaborate explanation for your options, but I lost the text because my internet connection decided not to cooperate. The gist of it was the following:

This can be done without writing any additional scripts. I suggest you make a sprite for each form and then use the same code as for unown (search for unown in the MultipleForms script) to randomly decide which form is chosen. This way you have full control on ensuring that the number of eyes per pair stays consistent for the evolutions. It's the easiest method for implementation and quality assurance (low risk for bugs).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Sorry, I had a very elaborate explanation for your options, but I lost the text because my internet connection decided not to cooperate. The gist of it was the following:

This can be done without writing any additional scripts. I suggest you make a sprite for each form and then use the same code as for unown (search for unown in the MultipleForms script) to randomly decide which form is chosen. This way you have full control on ensuring that the number of eyes per pair stays consistent for the evolutions. It's the easiest method for implementation and quality assurance (low risk for bugs).

Thanks man! I'll be sure to try it out.

Back