• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen need help on finding shiny pokemon on G/S/C?

Entei244

fire/dragon master
Years
  • need help on finding shiny pokemon on G/S/C? well find out where they gone it from so u can get a good idea where to look at. u can also give info about hiden items or areas like glites. to start out u may give a hint or a game code about the gane. so have fun and learn new ways of find things out.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Entei244 said:
    need help on finding shiny pokemon on G/S/C? well find out where they gone it from so u can get a good idea where to look at. u can also give info about hiden items or areas like glites. to start out u may give a hint or a game code about the gane. so have fun and learn new ways of find things out.

one word: LUCK

Ask lady luck to guide you on this one... or the cheatcode *cough cough*. However in GSC there is a way to get yourself a higher chance in breeding a shiny egg with a shiny Ditto or something like that... however I'm no GSC master I'll let vito handle this one ^_^

Dragonair

Master Of Bird Pokemon
    Years
  • Entei244 said:
    need help on finding shiny pokemon on G/S/C? well find out where they gone it from so u can get a good idea where to look at. u can also give info about hiden items or areas like glites. to start out u may give a hint or a game code about the gane. so have fun and learn new ways of find things out.
    Will You People Get The Picture! There Is No Garented Way Of Getting Shinys! Unless You Cheat

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2003
    Entei244 said:
    but how do u know for sure? :cross-eye
    because :P shinies are chance. you probably have a 3/1000 chance of catching one. i myself spent 3 hours once trying to find a shiny ditto and didn't even find a normal one. it is all LUCK

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • we know for sure because since day one it came out in japanese, we did all tests and research on it immediately. beat the game by 3rd day it came out, and hack it for all necessary information by 5th day (Meowth being the one doing all of that of course... i just read the results XD)

We've looked from Gamefreak bugs- the gurantee Mew ingame RBY mess up to balance calculations and Hidden Power calculators... there is nothing people don't know about this game anymore after one month of time.

that red gyarados is a given in lake of rage. It's gurantee so it doesn't count... sorry to disappoint you

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
  • Red Gyarados is garunteed to be there. Otherwise it is all luck to catch a shiny pokemon. I spent 50 hours playing before I even saw a shiny beside the Red Gyarados. A shiny Abra. Luckily I managed to catch it! :D

linkslegacy89

The Legacy Resides Within
    Years
  • It's all luck...

Hey!
    I agree with everyone. It is completely a matter of luck. I've played through Crystal several times. I've concluded the following;

A.) The greatest CHANCE you have of getting a shiny is that Odd Egg that is given to you by the Daycare Couple. however, I am not sure if the Odd Egg is available in G/S, so...
    B.) Be prepared for a LOT of searching if you are "hunting" shiny's
    C.) About the stats;
    I will try to get more precise data soon on Shiny's and their stat's. But from what I've seen (and read), Shiny Pokemon have above average DV's. Contrary to Popular Belief, however, they aren't complete DV's (a full 15 in GSC)
    D.) Luck; only once did I ever encounter a shiny pokemon randomly walking around... It was a shiny Graveler (yeah, i know... wish it was a Lugia ;)
    in a cave...

*Just remembered
    I did encounter a shiny Pikachu once... in that area near Pallet Town (Route 1?)
    Riad

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • A friend named his Snorlax Chunky at the Name Rater's and the Snorlax's name disappeared and it was golden. So now when he sends it into battle it says Go! with no name at all and a golden Snorlax comes out!

Back