• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Need help understanding Team Plasma :/

Years
    Need help understand what Team Plasma really want's, i know it's not just to release all pokemon so that the Pokemon have a chance to live free, cause even then they steal pokemon from trainers. I beat the game White which i find took forever compared to other games. I just need someone to help me out with the background of Team Plasma.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Ghetsis was manipulating N the whole time.

N genuinely believed that pokémon should be separated from humans because he was brought up among a host of abused and mistreated pokémon. Meanwhile, Ghetsis wants nothing more than to conquer the entire Unova region.

Basically, Ghetsis manipulated N's emotions and used him to recruit a bunch of idealistic fools to go around and convince people to release their pokémon back to the wild. Once everyone was disarmed, Ghetsis would have no trouble conquering the world.

N genuinely thought this was the correct path until he met the protagonists of BW, which got him questioning his beliefs...culminating in the battle between N and Hilbert/Hilda in Alder's champion room at the Pokémon League.

Years
    To add on to what's been said, some people question if the rest of Team Plasma were with N and thought they were doing the right thing by wanting to release Pokémon from their trainers, but others question if there were some in on Ghetsis' real ambitions.

The fact that the Shadow Triad swore to be loyal to Ghetsis since he saved them, even after he reveals his true ideals, is an implication, as are the two grunts who kick the Munna early on because they were aware that Ghetsis wasn't exactly doing what the game leads you to believe at first.

Years
    Okay, it was really hard getting into the story line of this game that's why i had to ask. I believe knowledge is key to these games. Thanks a lot, really helped me out. Currently doing Black 2 now

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    One more thing I think is worth mentioning, is that some of the Grunts actually did care about liberating Pokemon and their loyalties were to N, and others knew about Ghetsis' endgame and just wanted to be in on the power. The former group is the reformed group that resides in Driftveil City, while the latter are the black suited Team Plasma that you fight throughout Black/White 2.

Silri

Kimono Girl
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    The way I see them, I found Team Plasma to be modeled after real life extremist groups that have ends that justify their means even if it means being hypocritical. Like the groups that bomb scientists' cars because they don't like the scientists experimenting on primates- protesting violence against primates by using violence against other primates (us humans).

I assume a lot of members of Team Plasma truly did believe in Pokemon Liberation, but to reach that goal they needed to first use their own Pokemon. And then when they finally created a world where Pokemon can all live free from humans, they can set their own Pokemon free. It's the lesser of two evils in their eyes: even though their Pokemon are being held captive, they are being used to try and free those captive Pokemon that are constantly forced to participate in combat for the entertainment of their masters. To Team Plasma, at least their fighting was for a noble goal and not just for their own entertainment.

Of course, I'm sure there are members that are interested in it purely for the power and to be a part of an organized social group (with all of the benefits that can come with that). And these were the kinds of Plasma members fought in the second game, like Sopheria mentioned.

Back