• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with basic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I have 2 sons who are just getting started playing the Pokemon trading card game. I have found some info on the web and youtube, but still have some questions.

1. Can a player use more than one attack in their turn? In other words, if the player has attached 5 nrg cards, can they perform 5 attacks that require 1 nrg each in one turn? If not, are there any real advantages to attaching more nrg cards than absolutely neccessary?

2. When you do an attack on your turn, do you discard the nrg cards required for the attack when your turn is over? Some attacks say to discard certain nrg cards when the attack is used, most don't say so I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to the Pokecommunity (: Questions related to the Pokemon Trading Card Game should be posted here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14 for future reference (:

Now, to answer you:

#1: You can only attack once per turn. However, it is strategic to attach Energy Cards, if you have them, to attack the following turn without having to attach more Energy Cards before hand.

#2: However many Energy Cards are beside the name of the Pokemon's attack are how many Energy Cards, and what types, have to be discarded. Colorless (The white Energy Cards) can be substitutes for any other Energy Card (Meaning you can discard a Fire Energy Card in its place). If the description of an attack mentions the removal of an energy card/cards, then that is not the cost of the attack, but part of its effect.

I hope I answered your questions clearly (: If not, I do apologize.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, looks like I don't need to link you now. Anyway, that thread is where you would ask if you have any more questions. :) Hope your sons enjoy playing the Pokemon TCG!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back