• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with gba cartridge

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    I bought Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign of Legend and game is fine until Blitz help me to escape the jail then game crash. Then I restart my GBA SP even GBA, it crash before black screen come in for name of company. I took out the cartridge and I see two black spot inside the cartridge. What can I do? Should I send it back and get my money back?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Wait. You actually bought Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends and played it on your GBA SP on a physical cartridge? Cripes that's amazing. o_O

What you bought is a pirated cartridge containing a hacked game that, lucky for you, is available for free on this very site. Get ahold of a Pokemon Ruby ROM (don't ask for any sources on here, just look it up via the internet), download the free patch from the Pokemon Ruby Destiny thread located in the ROM hacking section of the forums, get Lips IPS patcher and patch the ROM, and while you will have to start from the very beginning of the game you will be able to play the game normally via an emulator or flash cart if you have one. (VBA or NO$GBA are good emulators to play this kind of game with.)

As for your cart, yes you should probably take that back and get a refund for it. Sometimes pirates will take a ROM patched with a specific game like Pokemon Quartz or Pokemon Naranja, put it on an unofficially made cartridge, and sell it either on the internet or to places that sell used game cartridges. The cartridges tend to be poorly made and are prone to failure; I own a pirated version of Pokemon Sapphire that isn't put together right and doesn't hold a save file very well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    Wait. You actually bought Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends and played it on your GBA SP on a physical cartridge? Cripes that's amazing. o_O

What you bought is a pirated cartridge containing a hacked game that, lucky for you, is available for free on this very site. Get ahold of a Pokemon Ruby ROM (don't ask for any sources on here, just look it up via the internet), download the free patch from the Pokemon Ruby Destiny thread located in the ROM hacking section of the forums, get Lips IPS patcher and patch the ROM, and while you will have to start from the very beginning of the game you will be able to play the game normally via an emulator or flash cart if you have one. (VBA or NO$GBA are good emulators to play this kind of game with.)

As for your cart, yes you should probably take that back and get a refund for it. Sometimes pirates will take a ROM patched with a specific game like Pokemon Quartz or Pokemon Naranja, put it on an unofficially made cartridge, and sell it either on the internet or to places that sell used game cartridges. The cartridges tend to be poorly made and are prone to failure; I own a pirated version of Pokemon Sapphire that isn't put together right and doesn't hold a save file very well.
    Yeah I did. I know they have ips patch in here. I did play on VBA emulator on my computer and Didn't use my computer much lately. So I use my PSP for GBA emulator. Hope it not same crash on PSP. I sent to owner for GBA cartridge and I sent him back for exchange. If it happen again, then I will have money back. Someday, I will buy EZ Flash 4.

Back