• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with my team as I'm training for the E4

Years
    Hey, I've gotten some solid tips from a friend regarding my team, however, I still have some questions I need answered. Brace yourselves, as I should add that this is my very first post :0

Team:

Modest Starmie lvl. 38
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Blizzard
    - Thunderbolt

Sassy Dusclops lvl. 39
    - Toxic
    - Confuse Ray
    - Shadow Punch
    - Double Team

Adamant Skarmory lvl. 36
    - Steel Wing
    - Fly
    - Swift
    - Air Cutter

Modest Sceptile lvl. 49
    - Sunny Day
    - Giga Drain
    - Leaf Blade
    - Solar Beam

Jolly Absol lvl. 49
    - Strength
    - Slash
    - Thief
    - Swords Dance
    Modest Kadabra lvl. 39
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Reflect
    - Psybeam

PROBLEMS/CONCERNS/NOTES:
    Item selection is difficult
    No fire attack(s)
    Absol is a mess but his moveset was meant to be temporary
    1 heart scale
    Other Pokemon: Timid Ninetales lvl. 34, Modest Raichu lvl. 43, Jolly Sableye lvl. 28, Naive Anorith lvl. 20, Modest Psyduck lvl. 18, Mild Manectric lvl. 28, Adamant Rhyhorn lvl. 30

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS AND/OR SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED!
    Thank you for reading!!

P.S. If you are in the know about good items, please ask me to post a list of what I have, and note I have a spare fire, water, thunder, sun, moon, and 2 leaf stones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Guessing it's Gen3, may be this Sceptile: Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Thunderpunch will be more useful. And protect may make a better use of Dusclops' toxic as you stall more time. I doubt Kadabra needs two psychic moves. And you may wanna switch Absol for some other psysical fella who can use its stabbed moves. (like rhyhorn or someone else) Dark types' having high attack makes no sense in gen3 you know...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you're going to switch Absol as per above suggestion, I'd recommend you to go with Breloom. I understand that you already have a grass-type on your team, which would make your party extra weak to ice and fire, but this is in-game we're talking about and not competitive, so you shouldn't have to worry about that too much. Breloom's a great Pokémon overall, if you ask me, and it's very, very fun to utilize.

For move-set, you could probably try Spore, Leech Seed, Mach Punch, and perhaps Return.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    You Kadabra could become more powerful if you teach him this :
    ~ Fire punch
    ~ Ice punch
    ~ Thunder punch
    ~ Pyschic
    now you can defeat water, flying, poison, rock, ground, dragon and grass...

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    You Kadabra could become more powerful if you teach him this :
    ~ Fire punch
    ~ Ice punch
    ~ Thunder punch
    ~ Pyschic
    now you can defeat water, flying, poison, rock, ground, dragon and grass...

Rock? With which move?
    I would say you can defeat bug, grass, ice, ground, flying, dragon, water, poison and fighting.
    Sorry, but I needed to correct you :p

Back