• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] need help with rom hacking

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    im making a team rocket hack and was wondering how i can bypass the part where u choose your pokemon and just start off with what pokemon u want, i plan to be able to start off with weezing, arbok and wobbuffet, seviper, dustox and victreebell. can someone who knows how to do this please inbox me thanks. also need to change the hero /heroine sprites to jessie and james. i plan to have jessie and james the main characters and u travel as jessie and james and meowth , no matter which of the two u choose.

Years
  • Okay, so I'm left scratching my head, 'cause you say you wanna not have to choose a Pokémon, yet you also say that you wanna be able to choose 6 Pokémon.
    Well, you probably mean that you actually start off with them, so how you would do this is that you'd put script tiles around the place where you start off. Or maybe a level script in that map, but I don't know how if that would work. As for the sprites, you can insert them with NSE 1.7.5
    If you do not know about any of the stuff I talked about above, I suggest that you learn some serious scripting and every other thing you can learn about Rom Hacking before you actually start making a game

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    ok thanks . really appreciate it

if i can just start off with arbok, weezing and maybe wobbuffet thatll be good

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    ok thanks . really appreciate it

if i can just start off with arbok, weezing and maybe wobbuffet thatll be good

Starting off wwith fully evolved forms might make the game too easy. Or too hard since it's difficult to level up evolved pokemon. Try Ekans, Koffing, and Wynaut?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Starting off wwith fully evolved forms might make the game too easy. Or too hard since it's difficult to level up evolved pokemon. Try Ekans, Koffing, and Wynaut?

Actually, it all depends on the Level curve of the game. If he starts of with fully evolved forms, he'll just have to shape the game, so that beginner trainers, also have some fully-evolved forms. So it could just start of hard and work its way up :) I'm for the idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    im going to have the starting level at 5 like normal. just trying to have pokemon that jessie and james used in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2020
    Might want to be careful with that.
    Evolved Pokemon start out with a few moves, then learn other moves at later levels than their pre-evolutionary stages. Some Pokemon don't learn any moves after evolution as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Why don't you make it so that you steal the starting Pokemon?
    It would be awesome and explain the fully evolved forms!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2015
    im still trying to figure everything out as i go, just trying to figure out whats easiest way to go and what program i can easily add in what i want in the hack. any of u guys interested in helping? please inbox me

Back