• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Need Ideas For In Game Team

Years
    Just started playing Pokemon Y and I'm kind of stuck at 4 Pokemon, so I need some ideas for an in game Pokemon team. So far I have:

Delphox (Sp Sweeper)
    Altaria (Mixed? idk lol)
    Wartortle (Mixed? lol)
    Sylveon (So Sweeper)

I have room for two more. Since I'm pretty sure Wartortle and Altaria are mixed, I should probably make room for some physical sweepers. Anybody got any ideas? I was going to go for Crogunk or Pancham for 5th slot, but I'm not so sure anymore. I'd like to utilize all new Pokemon, but that idea kind of escaped me since I was given a Squirtle (surprise to me!) And I discovered the horrors of wonder trade (I did get Swablu so I'm not really complaining).

Someone throw some ideas out for me, I'm scared to progress b/c I don't want to overtrain who I have now, and leave the other two behind, and I hate waiting til the end of the game for certain Pokes, but if you can make a good case, I won't mind doing it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    You basically want to have the types for the Gym Leaders and E4 covered as best as you can (and HMs, but I think you'll be ok on that front). With those types being: Bug, Rock, Fighting, Grass, Electric, Fairy, Psychic, Ice, Fire, Steel, Dragon, Water.

Atm the ones you don't exactly have covered are Electric, Fairy, Psychic, and Water. Croagunk and Pancham both would be useful, as the former is supereffective vs Fairies and the latter to Psychic, and both being Fighting type means that Delphox doesn't have to solo the Ice Gym and Steel E4 member.

So for the last slot I think a Grass type would be good, so you have something vs the Water E4 member, and it resists Electric too. Can probably muscle through an Electric battle better than try to muscle through a Water battle. Water's a very large type anyway. Couple of random possibilities for a Grass type would be like.....Gogoat, Abomasnow, Gourgiest, Trevenant, the various Grass/Poison 'mons, etc.

How far into the game are you right now?

Back