• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Need Patches, Bases

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    So, I want to get started on a hack of Emerald, and I've been scrambling to try to find patches or bases that have the features I need, but I haven't quite managed to get all of them. I was hoping that somebody here would perhaps either know where to find what I couldn't, or could even possibly whip it up if it wouldn't be a huge project. So, I'll just list off what I already have, what I need, and what would be nice to have, if it's out there.

Again, this is for Emerald:

What I have:
    • Physical/Special Split
    • Running Indoors
    • RNG & Pomeg Fix
    • 2-phase Day and Night with Real Time Clock
    • Decapitalization
    • New Evolution Methods for Trade-Evolved Pokemon
    • 1.5x Damage Crits
    • Level 1 Pokemon from Eggs

What I need:
    • Gen IV Moves (I did find a base with this, but there was an issue with Treecko and Zigzagoon's movesets and any attempts to edit them yielded errors)
    • HM Overworld Effects Mapped to Items
    • Unlimited Use TMs
    • Fairy Type Implementation

What would be nice to have:
    • More Complex Day & Night, Possibly Seasons (tried to use DNS myself, but could not for the life of me figure out how to get seasons working)
    • Exp From Captures
    • Gen V Exp System
    • Gen V Sturdy

That's all. I'm quite new to ROMhacking, so I'm not sure how much of this already exists or how much of it is a pipe dream. Regardless, I just want to make sure I have to do as little scripting of my own as possible; maximize efficiency, minimize room for errors. Plus, this thread could end up helping other starting ROMhackers in the future. Thanks in advance to anybody who can provide.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2019
    I'm having trouble choosing between Sigma Emerald and Emerald 650. I would go with the former if there were a patch for Emerald that only adds Gen IV moves.

Back