• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some help (noob to pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2012
    As the title says, I need some help :P When I was 10 (4.5 yrs ago) I used to LOVE pokemon trading and a somehow god all my cards with only one little pikachu haha... Anyways, I just wanted to know some things. Like are my cards any good? How much would they be worth? Should I start collecting again? And on [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]youtube [/FONT][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]videos[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], when people open up a pack of cards they shuffle the deck (by counting) in a way so that they know which card is rare or not... How do they do that?? But anyways, if you could take the time to answer my questions that would be awesome :D

Here is the link to what cards I have youtube.com/watch?v=sR-0Gv7heu4

Y U NO REPLY?........................................................

Last edited:

KaptainKaty

Tony Stark's Wife
    Years
    well those cards you can battle with your friends but a lot of tournaments like you to have HG/SS packs or up. I would invest some money into getting a new card deck. They sell beginner decks at any walmart/toy store.

Years
    Those cards are all decent but pretty much all of them aren't tournament legal since official events use a format called Modified to keep a balanced playing field for newer players just getting into the game. There's a sticky at the top of the Deck Reviewing subforum here that lists all of the currently legal sets as of last November, which is very close to what's currently legal (I just have to go back to that post and add in the most recently released set and it's up to date).

If you're wondering what they're worth, post them (as in a list) in our How Much is My Card Worth? thread at the top of the forum and I'll get around to pricing them eventually. It'll take longer for me to price them if you post them in a huge bunch at once instead of posting just 5 or 6 every day or two to be priced (hint: start with your rarest ones first).

People know where the rares are in packs because it's the same place for the rares in every pack of a certain set.

As for getting slow replies, have patience! I have a life (work 40 hours a week at a minimum) and that is my first priority, not doing volunteer moderating work at a Pokemon forum (if this gig actually paid at all it would probably be a higher priority for me). Things also move pretty slowly in most TCG-oriented sites and sections, since most people spend their free time doing TCG-related things, since it's their hobby, instead of posting on forums.

Back