• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some team help

Years
  • Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Impish
    - Toxic
    - Rest
    - Stealth Rock
    - Encore

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    Adamant
    - Bug Bite
    - Brick Break
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch

Empoleon @ Wave Incense
    Torrent
    Modest
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Drill Peck

Dusknoir @ ???
    Pressure
    Adamant
    - Shadow Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

The beginning of my awesomesauce team. I still need two pokemon and some opinions on what I've got here so far. This is for in-game only, so competitive wouldn't be a consideration. I'm primarily looking for something that will dismantle the Elite 4 and the various gyms in the game.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • If that´s ingame, then kick out Shuckle. Ingame, it´s all about sweeping and SR won´t help you much, as the KI doesn´t switch 99% of the time. Actually you can beat the E4 with anything, imo. The best way for me is CB-Scizor+SubTran.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Yes. Giving Scizor Swords Dance would be a start, replace roost. You don't need to heal in-game, not with something like Scizor's +2 Bullet Punch on your side.

Get a Togekiss as well - Serene Grace and Air Slash make for a very nice 40% chance of attacking for them; combined with Thunderwave and you reduce it to 10%.

Shuckle is bad, replace it with, I dunno, something with high attack. Porygon-Z is very nice; Tri-Attack off Adaptability and a 1xx base Sp. is very powerful. Add Bolt/Beam for coverage if you want and give it Hyper Beam for sheer power. (OHKO's Blissey after a Nasty Plot!)

And...maybe a No Guard Machamp....

I dunno, there isn't really much you can do in in-game, anything goes, tbh.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • I understood the first sentence... the rest made no sense whatsoever.

So if I kick out Shuckle, who should I replace it with? Also, any suggestions on the rest of my team?

Sry^^" I think I used too much CP vocabulary here. I meant to say, that ingame, you don´t need to do anything but attacking("sweeping") and that stealth rock(SR) is useless, because the opponents(AI, for Artificial intelligence. KI is german, my bad)does not switch out too often. CB Scizor is Scizor equipped with Choice Band(CB) and SubTran is a Heatran that abuses Substitute. Both of them together at a high enough Level(65+) can very well rip through the E4.

Since type coverage is pretty important, I suggest adding a fire type(instead of Shuckle), which you lack completely. Infernape is the strongest out of four available in Platinum. Also, I see that you have not a single electric move, so adding Jolteon, Luxray or Electabuzz/Electivire to your team is a good idea(to beat Gyarados, which can be annoying). Rotom also gets a mention, if you have the key to unlock its special forms. They´re overkill.
    Btw if you want, you can add Swords Dance to Scizor´s moves. It kills off pretty much everything with Bug Bite and Bullet Punch alone, so Brick Break can easily be dismissed.

EDIT: whaa... Ninja Caterpie said it. I´m too lame.

Years
  • Okay, good advice so far.

I'm not a huge fan of Togekiss, and I got a Charmander from Oak. It's been one of my favorite pokemon. Throw in an Electivire and I'll have Electric covered. I just need one more pokemon to round out my team. Any ideas?

Edit: Here's what I've got so far.

Electivire @ ????
    Motor Drive
    Adamant
    - Thunderbolt
    - Brick Break
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Technician
    Adamant
    - X-Scissor
    - Brick Break
    - Roost
    - Bullet Punch

Empoleon @ Wave Incense
    Torrent
    Modest
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Drill Peck

Dusknoir @ ???
    Pressure
    Adamant
    - Shadow Punch
    - Fire Punch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Charizard @ ????
    Sturdy
    Impish
    - Fly
    - Flamethrower
    - Crunch
    - Dig

Last edited:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I am tempted to say
    Crobat-Black Sludge
    Poison Fang/Cross Poison
    Air Slash
    Dark Pulse
    Roost

Alakazam-TwistedSpoon/Mind Plate
    Psychic
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Ball
    Reflect or egg move Barrier

Roserade-Rose incense / Miracle Seed
    Sunny Day
    Synthesis
    Solarbeam
    Magical leaf/eggmove Razor Leaf

just some thoughts

halamence

Horror...
    Years
  • Ooof this team would be nasty for me.
    Except Chairzard he I would KO in one hit except if he's fast and will use Dig.
    Anyway It's a good team in any way.
    But as said Roost will not be good online.Except if you want too annoy a foe.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • Maybe change Drill Peck (Empoleon) into Agility, since your Empoleon's attack wouldn't be too high since it has a Modest Nature, and Empoleon hasn't got the best speed :)

Back