• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need to go Above Level 100; Need to Transmograte.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I think they need to make a Pokemon game where your levels can exceed 100 and maybe even go in the thousands! I have found that once you get your Pokemon to Level 100, multiplayer becomes extremely redundant and simply based on a 'roll of the dice' principle. Exceeding level 100 or as I call it, uber-leveling would solve that problem.

Believe it or not, Pokemon has almost the perfect engine to achieve this! They could throw in dungeons that are exclusively for uber-leveling and optional battles against Level 4000 Legendaries. Plus, it would actually be a challenge to catch Legendary Pokemon, seeing as they would all be over Level 1000. Of course, there would be higher level Poke-Balls designed to capture uber-level Pokemon.

What is Transmigration??

Transmigration is where you can make your Pokemon go back down to Level 1 and significantly increase their growth rate. Do it enough, and the stats of the Pokemon can be tremendous! You'd be amazed what you can do when you're beating the Elite Four with Level 1 Pokemon! The more you Transmigrate, the more powerful, you can become!

These are suggestions on how Pokemon can be made more interesting and unpredictable, especially in multiplayer, where your levels might be different, and you still might be evenly matched due to this.

What are your thoughts on this? I know it's alot, but wouldn't it be cool to see in the future?

Hint: In the show, they've ALREADY exceeded Level 100...

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    I think the transmigration idea is awesome. There is a game I played for a little while called "Legend of the Green Dragon", and you could start from level one again when you found and killed the dragon. Your character came back even stronger each time, but you had to earn it. ;)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Plus, think of the replay value! Think of it this way. Nippon Ichi has been doing this with ALL of his PS2 games! It would also open up bold new possibilities for new attacks that may be learnable at the higher levels. Two words, Replay Value.

Perhaps if Nintendo and Game Freak can sign on ol' Ichi, we might see that. (And a really messed up storyline...)

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    That sounds pretty good! ^^ I'd like to see that in a Pok?mon game, although it'll probably never happen. =( It was a great idea, though! =)

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I don't see there is a need to allow levelling beyond L100. First of all, it's time consuming as it is to get one Pokemon to L100, never mind a full squad of 6, especially when you consider extra stuff like breeding and EV training.

Second of all, no matter how high you can go, there has to be an upper limit somewhere. Nothing will change between battles at all, except you'll have higher stats, because quite frankly, whether you're at L5 or L100, battles are more or less the same in terms of damage taken, damage recieved, annoyance of confuse and other moves, and so on.

Let's take an example. An Arcanine using Crunch will still do around 25% damage to Milotic, whether you're at L5 or L100. The only difference is, you're losing 5 HP out of 20 at L5, where as at L100 you're losing 75 HP out of 300. What's the difference? Nothing really, in terms of damage dealt - you still have to hurt Milotic 4 times to take her down.

So, in essence, nothing will really change if you increase the maximum levels. Besides, the current level system works, why change something that already works?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    100 is a nice rounded number, and it's also a very hard one to get to. That's why Pokemon is such a rewarding game - it has a really high level of completion and stuff. You don't want to make it any harder do you? Even if it's new number is 200, then we'll have to work double-hard to actually make our Pokemon strong (unless you go on NetBattle...). I'm against it completely.

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    And moving a level up also takes quite some time. It is difficult to get ur pokemon to level 100...but I won't mind if they make it like that in a pokemon game.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Hmm... as muc as how your idea is nice, I agree with the last few posters. o.O; It would be time-consuming, [And POKeMON would rule our live again. This time in a horrible way] Going beyond Lvl. 100 would be dumb since Lvl. 100's are strong enough to take down a Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon from Yu-gi-oh. [Actually, a super strong pokemon from level 40 going lvl. 100 can be able to do that.]

Transmiguration [Whatever its spelling] can be dumb, since that would make the Pokemon played Ultimo de Powa. o.o; Or unbeatable by the time it reaches lvl 30 after two skips backwards.

A note on your comment of the show: Ash is the star of the show. >>; Of course his Pokemon would be super duper unbelievably strong. Like Yami and Pharoah in YuGiOh. o.o; They didn't lose to Anubis in that Movie.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    asher_son_of_ash: Your note of the show is taken. That is an established fact. The show is intended to follow the games, event-wise, which it seems to often do, except the movies and some specials. So, why not make the game mechanics to match the show? Also, remember that in Johto, Mother Lugia had a level of 5700. So, it's not just Ash that has Pokemon over Level 100.

This is why uber-leveling works: In an average 'Trainer' battle, you can usually gain one or two levels if the Pokemon are evenly matched. When you are taking transmigrated Pokemon against a Trainer with Level 1500 Pokemon, you'd be surprised at how your Pokemon suddenly gain around 50 levels by winning a single battle. Plus, the game would still ease you into the uber-levels, so you could gain levels at a fair pace while completing portions of the game to boot. It's actually a win-win situation.

Plus, it makes the multiplayer, as I said before, much less redundant; the winner isn't solely dependant on level. A transmigrated level 1 Pokemon can beat a level 100 Pokemon, as if it were at level 100 as well.

In this way,high-level Legendaries can actually be a challenge to whittle down to capturing level.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Again and again, people say levels are not in the anime. But power/strength is. >>; Notice when Pikachu suddenly becomes high in power in just a few days without a single battle? [First two shows. Or three? o_O;;;] The fight with the spearows had nothing to do with it, since Pikachu was down and out a few seconds later. The lightning in the show was the actual source of the energy, so Pikachu can't get levels then. >>;

And isn't getting 50 experience levels kind of dumb? Pokemon would probably turn into a 75% of a RPG.

Pokemon-Is-Strategy. Okay? ^_^; Good.

Err ... how did youy presume Lugia- the Ma was level 5700? No one actually said it was.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    asher_son_of_ash: One of the Team Rocket scientists says it in the second part of the 3 part Lugia Episode. He's looking at a monitor and mentions it to the head scientist. It's right after they put her into the containment area. You can watch it and see for yourself; it is in there.

The final story bosses would still be around level 60, so it wouldn't be required to beat the game, but there would be optional bosses made for the high-level Pokemon. And possibly, multiple endings...

It's like I said before, it just makes the multiplayer alot less redundant, and adds a whole new plateau of strategy to the game. You couldn't say "He's ten levels lower than me. This'll be easy!" anymore. You're not sitting there saying, "Oh, yay... Another level 100 Pokemon... Whoop-de-doo...".

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Now I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve, SBaby - a higher maximum level than L100, or a theoritically infinite maximum level, where the more time you spend levelling determines how tough your squad is. I've already said there is no need to go above L100, since for example, if the maximum level was L50, things would work exactly the same.

As for having no upper limit, where do you draw the line? When battles are determined by how much time you spend levelling your Pokemon, it would be unfair to players like myself who don't have a huge amount of time to divert to Pokemon training, when you have someone who can be a hardcore trainer, and level for about 5 hours a day or more. There has to be some sort of limit, otherwise it would be unfair.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The maximum level would be anything from 255 to 9999. Anything higher would slow down the game. Again, Transmigration would fix needs to further power up your Pokemon. (Maybe they could even pull a Phantom Brave and use fusion to increase the Max Level of a Pokemon...)

As I said, it's just a little idea I had that was inspired by games such as Disgaea and La Pucelle. While it would cause much controversy, I believe it would make multiplayer much more interesting in the long run. There would definitely be a following, and Pokemon may even get some new fans. Plus, it makes the games less redundant, since so far the final battles in every game have always been between level 60 and level 70. I'm just totally bored with that...

You could even throw in a system to let the player choose to increase the enemy levels to make leveling up faster. (i.e. Rosenqueen surveys)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2006
    i think it would be a great idea think of it, all the trainers in the game could have stronger pokemon requireing you to train even harder, like if brock used level 20's in fr/lg you would train very hard

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Replay value?

Hahaha. Nice joke there. That's exactly what would butcher the replay value. With a maximum level, you have a goal to reach with each of your Pok?mon. But if your Pok?mon will just get to level 9999 and then back to level one infinitely, just WHAT would motivate you to level up? There would be no goal, no meaning, no purpose.

DarkScyther's Legacies said:
    For what is life without purpose?

Not convinced? Well, do you know of anybody who, after raising each of their Pok?mon to level 100 in the current games, goes and battles the Elite Four again and again, because you can still go on? Somehow I doubt it. There's no enjoyment in beating up the Elite Four again and again with level 100 Pok?mon, even if you can see a really high number in the Hall of Fame.

The thought of infinite or almost-impossible-maximum levels just scares me. Actually, it seriously upsets me. In fact, I'm on the verge of tears right now, just from the very thought of leveling up for eternity. I pray to Satoshi Tajiri that the levels will always have a clear limit...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Dragonfree said:
    Replay value?

Hahaha. Nice joke there. That's exactly what would butcher the replay value. With a maximum level, you have a goal to reach with each of your Pok?mon. But if your Pok?mon will just get to level 9999 and then back to level one infinitely, just WHAT would motivate you to level up? There would be no goal, no meaning, no purpose.

Not convinced? Well, do you know of anybody who, after raising each of their Pok?mon to level 100 in the current games, goes and battles the Elite Four again and again, because you can still go on? Somehow I doubt it. There's no enjoyment in beating up the Elite Four again and again with level 100 Pok?mon, even if you can see a really high number in the Hall of Fame.

The thought of infinite or almost-impossible-maximum levels just scares me. Actually, it seriously upsets me. In fact, I'm on the verge of tears right now, just from the very thought of leveling up for eternity. I pray to Satoshi Tajiri that the levels will always have a clear limit...

You not only just contradicted yourself, but you also proved my case. Once people reach Level 100, they just quit. That's because there's nothing left to do afterwards. Elites gone, Legendaries gone, what's left? Just restart the game from the beginning? Yeah right...

With my idea, you would still have something to work for. You could go into the optional areas and face the level 1000 Pokemon, or increase the level of the enemies via new options. Then, you could Transmigrate once you reached a happy level. (A note on this, Transmigrating only increases your growth rate. It doesn't carry over the stats.)

And let me tell you, it works. This is the reason why Disgaea is THE MOST POPULAR Tactics RPG in Japan. You can look it up for yourself if you want. It's true.

Back