• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] needs help whit inserting my own townmap

Years
  • Attachments

• needs help whit inserting my own townmap
      before.png
      31.3 KB · Views: 12
      after.png
      23.5 KB · Views: 10
    Years
  • i followed the Aspiring PokeTrainer tutorial, on how to do it. pretty god tutorial btw. but when i imoprt the structured pallete i keeps getting a error: image not indexed.
    what does that mean. and how do i fix this?

before import:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80448&stc=1&d=1477581573

after import:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80449&stc=1&d=1477581i would be

awesome if i could solve this:D
    Going to move this over to the Beginner's Lounge for you, since Third Generation isn't the place for ROM Hacking discussion. Best of luck with your town map, though!

MOVED.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • Ugh, town maps... I've been having problems with inserting my own for weeks but seeing as I finally did it, I'll try and lend a hand for you.

First of all, the problem you've got is exactly as the message says, the tileset is not indexed. There are lots of tutorials out there for indexing images, but basically it just means decreasing the colour depth to 16 colours using irfanview (most popular). If you really need a link or help doing this step, I can supply you with it but it's easily searched for.

Next, if you know what you're doing with tilemaps and raw files and everything, then great, but if not, this tutorial is really helpful for the whole town map editing process:

Neti's Complete Guide to the Region Map

Let me know how you're getting on.

Years
  • thanks for helping me, but now im confused, because when i open the image in infraview and goto: image/decrease color depth. it stays at 16 color.
    this have been troubled me in 4 weeks now, and im greatful for your help. and the townmap in my game is located at 186, because i have insert some new pokemons:D got the same error when i try to import to the start screen to. but gets no error when i import the original one. i hope i can finnaly fix this.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • thanks for helping me, but now im confused, because when i open the image in infraview and goto: image/decrease color depth. it stays at 16 color.
    this have been troubled me in 4 weeks now, and im greatful for your help. and the townmap in my game is located at 186, because i have insert some new pokemons:D got the same error when i try to import to the start screen to. but gets no error when i import the original one. i hope i can finnaly fix this.

It just means that it is already sixteen colours. You don't have to decrease/increase it anymore.

Years
  • It just means that it is already sixteen colours. You don't have to decrease/increase it anymore.

great thanks for the help, now i have finnaly got throught the error, and one step closer to the finish. now i have successful importet the pallete and the raw file.
    but when i open the game, and open the town map, the townmap is not what i have structed in the raw file. everything is scrambled, and the pallete does not match.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80476&stc=1&d=1477921745

but after i open the APE and search for the right offset, where the palete is located and change it to what it sud be. the colors is right in the townmap. but its still scrambled.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=80477&stc=1&d=1477921745

please help me aagain:D

Attachments

townmap.png
      95.5 KB · Views: 5
      towmap fixedpalete.png
      86.9 KB · Views: 7
    Years
  • Looks like your .raw file isn't correct. Have you made it the correct size?

hmmm, the size is 30x20 in totally. which i think is the same as the original. i got a 2 pixel width blue border around the townmap, but its 30x20 wiht the blue border. and brown gray 1 pixel border on right and left side. so i thinks everything is correct.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • hmmm, the size is 30x20 in totally. which i think is the same as the original. i got a 2 pixel width blue border around the townmap, but its 30x20 wiht the blue border. and brown gray 1 pixel border on right and left side. so i thinks everything is correct.

It's definitely an issue with the raw file. Have you edit the bytes with a hex editor like in Neti's tutorial? If you can't do that, just send me the raw file in a pm (upload it to Dropbox or whatever and send me the link) and I'll do it for you.

Years
  • It's definitely an issue with the raw file. Have you edit the bytes with a hex editor like in Neti's tutorial? If you can't do that, just send me the raw file in a pm (upload it to Dropbox or whatever and send me the link) and I'll do it for you.

nope, i dont now what to put in, i can find it, ut dont now what bytes. and i would be greatful if you could do it for me, but wont you need the palete, rom and the raw file?

Back