• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Neep some help with trading

Years
  • Ok I didn't see a 'help' section anywhere so I figured I'd ask here since the problem I'm having has to do with wi fi trading.

first of all yes i know how to trade. that's not the problem.

the problem is, I have a DS and a DSi. I want to trade some pokemon between two of my hames, Platinum and HeartGold to be exact. but it won't let me. I get them both going (one in each system) get into the wifi center and get to the trade scene. The person even appears on one of the little circles but then when I get to the part for the link to be established and the trade to be started, it errors out. I've tried initiating from both games, switching the systems, changing the trainer name of the newest game (since originally I was using the same name for both). but nothing has worked... I've traded with other people and never had any problems so i know it's not my wifi connection or anything and I've tried everything i can think of. anyone know whats up?

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Disable your router Firewall, sometimes it does that to the same network. It should work.

EDIT: And since this really more than likely will not become a trading thread, this'll probably be closed up. xD
    EDIT2: The solution "should work" as I've had that same problem before and it made it work for me. But please remember to turn it back on IMMEDIATELY after you're done.

Years
  • ... or that might be it. i feel like an idiot lol but i guess i didn't know that since i dont really know anybody personally who plays these games anymore so i've never traded with anyone close by

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Yes, Angel's idea also would work, but since I don't need my Router Firewall I've never used the upstairs.

Back