• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NEO: The World Ends With You

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
    It'll definitely be a weird battle system.

I played and beat the original DS one (not the extra stuff, working on that) and while it was hard and somewhat rough to control, it was unique and interesting. This one, I'm unsure of how it'll be implemented along with it being in a 3D environment, but it's too early to judge it I suppose, despite it looking a bit weird for the game series.

I am curious how they'll do the story and I bet everybody that has played the game will wonder that with me mostly related to a specific character.

Other than that, looks cool and it's nice it's getting a sequel after so many years of fans wanting and not getting it. Genuinely surprised how TWEWY just sort of popped into more of the mainstream with the remake followed by the sequel and now the anime. It's a bit much all at once, but I ain't complaining since this game does deserve more love from Square.

To put it fast and simply though, Uncertain but willing to see where it goes with excitement.

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
    I LOVE the original, so when I saw they were going to release a second one I was ecstatic but i'm not sure if the 3D won't make it a little clunky.
    I'll wait for any news to make a decision. =)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    ME

Yeah. I've pretty much been waiting for a sequel ever since I played the original on the DS. Then Final Remix practically teased a sequel and it seemed like we'd never get one. Then they announced the anime. Which wasn't exactly what I was looking for but is fine I guess.

THEN FINALLY. MY PIPE DREAM BECAME A REALITY. I still have a hard time believing this actually happened if I'm to be honest. Though watching the anime first is practically mandatory now. Which is fine because I was probably going to watch it anyway (it's confirmed to take place after the anime).

Honestly I think the change in battle system is a good thing. The originals was... okay but somewhat complicated and touch controls were wonky on Switch. I got through Final Remix (& New Day) somehow though.

Glad to see there are other fans of this game on here though. lol. I'm still unsure whether to get PS4 version or Switch version. I'd be lying if I said that having TWEWY trophies wasn't something I've always wanted to have. Not that I'll Plat it or anything. But if you get extra items or some kind of bonus for Switch version for having a save from Final Remix.... UGH.

Feel free to convince me one way or the other I guess. lol

Oh and Cherrim likes this series too. lol. Hopefully they'll post here as well.

Yeah, I'm not too sure about the 3D either. The original's style was very iconic and part of what made the series great, but I'm still down to see how the sequel will go and will definitely buy it.

Anime news is great too but still surprised me to have that and a sequel announced since apparently sales for both the DS and Switch Final Remix versions were very low. I suppose low sales makes some sense since I know Japan doesn't tend to like things in a 'punk' sort of style like TWEWY though...plus Final Remix honestly seemed expensive off sale tbh. @_@ Whenever there are sales it tends to shoot back up the charts (in the US at least). Am hoping the anime introduces more people in Japan to it that would then want to play the games, which is probably what they're hoping for. The series is niche, but I really want it to do well!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    THEY BROUGHT BACK SHO!!!
    as a player this time, apparently?

The battle system on the DS was one of the most creative ways I've seen to use the "gimmick" of the DS at the time, and although they can't do exactly the same thing here, I'm excited to see if they are going to do a similar on the Switch in some way, because a lot of games do under-utilize some of the unique features of the Switch.

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
    Years
    • Age 18
    • He/Him
    • India
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I actually gave up on this game because of the battle system ;-; Pretty difficult, especially since I play on PC

I might try it again tho

THEY BROUGHT BACK SHO!!!
    as a player this time, apparently?

The battle system on the DS was one of the most creative ways I've seen to use the "gimmick" of the DS at the time, and although they can't do exactly the same thing here, I'm excited to see if they are going to do a similar on the Switch in some way, because a lot of games do under-utilize some of the unique features of the Switch.

minamimoto ftw!! <3 I never experienced it on the DS but still find the combat super creative even on the Switch, despite the fact that some skills (especially
    Spoiler:
    ) didn't respond well to my joycon actions at all oof.

I actually gave up on this game because of the battle system ;-; Pretty difficult, especially since I play on PC

I might try it again tho

Awww, I did hear the system was quite hit or miss. Does seem a lot more difficult on PC if you played on that. :x

There will be a world premiere of the first anime episode on March 14th during a ticketed live stream event! Here's some more info from the TWEWY Twitter account. I bought a world premiere + limited merchandise ticket with international shipping. Was very pricey at around $215 USD total, and could very well have extra shipping costs once the merch is sent out, but still worth it to me. Would've bought the live talk session as well, but sadly that part doesn't have English interpreters.

Here's a picture of the merch!

NEO: The World Ends With You

It's a skateboard with each side having a different design. Excited to get mine. :'D

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Release date has been revealed and has an official date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wXak2Qfo4

July 27th

The trailer also reveals the english dub VAs for most of the characters as well. Or the most important ones anyway.

If a free demo shows up on PSN... everything gets put on hold and I play it immediately lol (tbh I'm joking. I'll probably stream it on Twitch but just saying lol)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    tbh... I haven't actually decided which one to get yet lol

PS4 version will have trophies and the idea of having TWEWY trophies is just 😍 (I probably won't get the Platinum unless it's doable/easy for me) and I'll be able to stream it on Twitch too lol

Switch version I feel like I should get because I bought and played Final Remix on Switch and for some reason I just feel like it would 'make sense' I guess. Besides... they might give extras/bonuses on Switch version if you have a save from Final Remix

Feel free to suggest/convince me one way or another on which version I should get lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    IMPORTANT

There will be a demo version available tomorrow at 1 p.m. EST!!

Play it. Enjoy it. LOVE it.

I know I sure will. 😍

plus i know what to do for my next stream now lol

Years
    I can't even get the game difficulty to change to easy and it is getting frustrating and I literally pressed every button on my switch, so how can I switch the difficulty when I want to change it to easy?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I can't even get the game difficulty to change to easy and it is getting frustrating and I literally pressed every button on my switch, so how can I switch the difficulty when I want to change it to easy?

For what? Final Remix or the NEO demo?

If Final Remix I think it's somewhere near the bottom on the menu screen in-game.

If NEO... I haven't played the demo yet so idk unfortunately

Years
    EDIT: After the first boss encounter it proves this game is not for me, I think they shouldn't force you to control all three characters if it isn't turn based. To me that is bad game design for an action game.

This demo saved me money.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Eyed the game with skepticism upon seeing the gameplay trailer. Looked dull. Played the demo for...an hour? Felt better than expected, but still not good. Asked if the game was fun or interesting several times. Answered "no" every time. Recognizes the possibility for greater later. Presented nothing yet to suggest otherwise.

Loved the (DS) original. Why was this no good? Tried to hammer out why. Comes down to mastery. Already feels near the skill cap. Controlled all the attacks effectively. Received maybe one hit on a five-chain at reduced level. Cannot imagine higher difficulties adding anything engaging. (Does not consider a constant threat of being one-shot "engaging".)

Contrasted starkly against the original game. Barely hung onto that wild ride. Could not handle everything the game threw at you. Focused on attacking initially. Expanded to dodging and partner management as the game progressed. Grew with the game. (Liked the music more too.)

Experiences this issue with other games too. Did not expect it here.

Back