• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Never Split The Party: A Fantasy RP (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
Years
Alima Palacine Norvus - The "Healthy" One

Amongst many things Alima disliked, there was the common "guy" thought that they needed to protect her. She huffed, hearing Jamen proclaim that he'd protect her and the other mages. "I'm a grown woman... I don't need you guys to protect me.", she said calmly. There was no attitude or snarkiness in her tone... only a serious noting. Whether it was physically true or not, Alima believed she didn't need protection.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Titus had been looking her way... then, he chuckled... He wasn't laughing at her statement, was he? She quickly dashed that thought aside... Titus had been acting like a civilized being in this bar. She doubted that was what he was chuckling over.

After hearing the first gunshot, and shattered glass, Alima yelped in surprise, and hid herself beneath the table... she didn't feel like being killed by gunshots or falling glass to begin the adventure... when the ruckus stopped, she poked her head back out, checking to see if the coast was clear, before returning to her seat.

"Are we done being macho now, boys? We have too big a task ahead of us to be wasting ammo and nearly killing each other before we even enter the temple...", the mage stated, then sighed. "But I think we'll succeed, as well. The world needs us to!"​

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Rafiel Valiere
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As he came closer over to the group as the employer for said mission called him over, he was one of the few people he could tolerate and didn't immediately not care for. Walking over towards the other 7 people whom he knew would be the party that would be taking this mission along with him. Even with his previous glance at the group he couldn't be bothered to really feel anything about them. They each were important in a way but all the same were still insignificant to him, they weren't even remotely interesting. Preferring to stand over sitting with his group he now only stood a slight ways from them, close enough to be associated with them and to listen to what the barman, Drode if he remembered correctly, spoke. Listening silently he watched as the group chattered about as they listened to Drode.

Listening to the stupidly brash sniper he shook his head once, the man was a little too confident in himself probably with a good reason, but that has yet to be seen he told himself as he shifted his jacket slightly. His cloudy grey eyes gazed at Nona for a moment but shifted away after a few seconds. He could tell she was playing with Jamen's, the sniper if he could commit the name to memory, emotions in a way. She seemed to be the mischievous type of person who would mess with people all in the sake of fun, she'd probably would take it too far one day and actually kill someone, but he doubted that would happen anytime soon. He would take pleasure in seeing Jamen's despair in seeing that he was being played, he shook his head quickly to rid himself of such thoughts before they strayed too far.

"Hmm...." He let out a near silent sigh as his eyes turned towards the next person that was of some interest if ever so slightly, it was the girl who had decided to basically kill someone for a very petty reason surprisingly. While he didn't much care for why the bar patron was killed by her he was slightly intrigued by her, she seemed to be one of those people who couldn't give a damn about what other thought of her and demanded respect. Reaching into his jacket he pulled out a pitch black scarf, it was made up of scales from creatures nearly like the dragons, wyverns if remembered their name correctly. To be honest he didn't care much for what their names were just that he had to do quite the devious deed to get this item in particular. It gave a passive resistance to some elements due to it uniqueness, but it mainly resisted fire.

Wrapping it loosely around his neck as the group chattered amongst themselves a bit more as this would allow him time to do this covertly, he secured it and made sure it covered the lower portion of his face. Pulling down his hood revealed his messy black hair and his face that was now covered from his nose to his neck. Speaking up for the first time his voice came out muffled slightly but well enough to be heard, it was the suave persuasive voice of an aristocrat. "....You two should stop with the shooting. The guards are already on their...way." With all the shooting and the currently dead man it was improbable for the guards to not be on their way. It wasn't like he couldn't distract them and get the group away, as even though they were a decent sized party the guards could just swarm them until they tired so a tactical retreat was the best option, it's just that it would take up supplies which he would then have to replace with money.

"As for the quest you should know I'll accept..." He spoke once more his suave voice helped persuade people easier as people were more accepting of this voice than his normal monotone. He probably would be paid in whatever loot he could find which with his skills was sure to be at least a decent amount. The quest did seem quite daunting as they would probably face many things that were much more scary than your average Orge which he was contracted to kill every now and then. However even though his face was relatively blank outwardly, inwardly he was filled with he guessed excitement. Maybe this quest could be a way for him to find something to complete the emptiness that was inside of his very core.

"So now....could we continue with whatever information you have left to tell us..?" This was dragging on slightly, due to the many interruptions from his party and he could tell that the employer was getting slightly annoyed. Hopefully they could get going before the guards managed to make their way here, he didn't really feel like slaughtering innocents in such a happy mood even if it wasn't reflected on his face.

Poki

Banned
Years
Dana, the lady who will most likely burn you to death.

As she was listening to the rest of the group, without taking part, Dana was simply drinking her whiskey. Directly from the bottle, yeah. She wasn't as classy as she thought, nowhere near that. Seldomly exchanging eye contact with the busty lady, under the name of Nona Ceres, she could literally see the disapproval in her eyes. Her fiery red eye could see the spirit world, and eyes are a window to the soul, after all. Dana was not sure why, but it didn't really bother her. Not at all. She decided to shrug it off, for now.

Soon enough, one of the people she was supposed to go on a quest with, caught her attention - a young, handsome man, under the name of Jamen. She had heard of him before, which sparked her curiousity even further. He immediately tried to hit on her, for some reason:

"I don't know about these other fellows, but you may be the one I'm looking for." He said, with an interesting, yet charming expression on his face. "I must be suffering from the same thing as him, because there's a fire in my heart." He added, as he nodded towards the burnt patron. Dana was surprised that someone would try that on her, yet she was intrigued, somehow. She had decided to join that flirting game of his, even if it was for a short amount of time. "Oh, is that so, Casanova? I'll make sure to keep that fire burning." She winked at his direction. "Did I just do that?" Dana thought to herself. As she sighed internally, she finished it off with a sarcastic comment. "My, oh my, Jamen, you're quite the flirt machine!" Her intentions were not rude, Dana was just being the playful lady she was.

When that was over, a mysterious man approached their table. He revealed himself as Drode Highland, the person responsible to give them their task. After explaining, all he needed was the party's acceptance to this deadly, yet exciting quest. One motivational speech later, Jamen had decided to show off his impressive sniper skills. In return, the royal gunman, Zane Cortex, gave a shot at it no pun intended as well, following Jamen's mature example.

The white mage dressed in disturbingly bright attire, Alima, was not amused. In fact, she was frightened by their gun show. Alima quickly hid beneath the table, until the two men stopped.

Dana, on the other hand, was amused by all of this. She stood up. "We are all taking a huge risk by accepting this quest, but freedom has a price, y'know? Whatever you throw at me, I'll take it, and burn it to the ground, quest giver! I, for one, am looking forward to our adventure."

Done with her speech, she looked at Jamen. "Impressive sniping there, mate. I have heard of your bravery." The sorceress grinned. "However, are you brave enough to finish this huge bottle of whiskey with me?"

Last edited:

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Zane Cortex: The Royal Gunman

Zane decided to stop with showing off his skill and decided to pay for the drinks. He looks at the group smiling," Well I guess I over did it with my shooting and I'm assuming that the guards already know of our ruckus." Zane decided to take the quest but when he started walking he noticed the girl earlier named Dana. He got a shiver again and decided not to speak to her.

Zane looks back at the group, "Well I'm heading out. I'm just going to get supplies if anyone needs me." Zane looks at Edgar and gave him a smile, "That was some pretty good shooting but we all knew that I was better."

Zane left the Tavern to get supplies from a market. He decided to get small foods such as Jerky and a canteen full of water. Zane thought to himself, "I might not come back from this quest so might buy a treat." So Zane decided to buy himself small sweet candy. He seems to have a sweet tooth.

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Titus Lanair: The "Holy" Drunkard

Titus was somewhat bored of the constant flirting and boasting, so he decieded to follow suit with Zane.

"Well, not that it wasn't nice to meet you all, but I'm going to take my leave. Also I might dodge the guards," Titus said, sighing while arising from his chair.

He knew at some point they would group up again to begin their guest, but for now, he was going to grab some supplies. He stepped away from the table, getting stares from the other patrons, stepping over the poor man's, an[/Fand out the door.

He headed over to his apartment to grab his bekt that contained an amount of pockets, a hardened leather box containing some metal tools, and a sheath for his sword, which he put in his sheath, and headed out. He walked into the marketplace, which was somewhat emptier than it usually is. He grabbed some fruit and a loaf of bread, when he noticed Zane by a sweet stand. He chuckled, then headed over to the apparel shop to grab a chain male torso piece and some new plate boots. Before he headed back home to change, he started to get some fire gear, then relized Dana had that covered. Frowning, he headed back to his home. Putting the chain male under his Chest plate and exchanging his hardened leather boots for his plate ones, he headed back to regroup.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Drode Highland
The Barman
Highland sat in his chair, still waiting for a response from all the heroes. He had to admit, this was going way better than the last time. You know, 'cause nobody said yes last time. But now... he didn't even know new ho didn't say yes yet. Quickly, he stopped his daydreaming to hear Rafiel agreeing. Highland looked up and Rafiel said "So now... could you continue with whatever information you have left to tell us?"
Highland looked at him, and then said, "there is nothing left to tell Rafiel. However, there is something to ask: why hasn't the city guard shown up? I know for a fact that the guards should have come by know."
Indeed, the city guard was very fast indeed when it came to matters such as murder. And he new that the owner of the bar had a crystal ball to call the city guard with. They should have shown up by now.
Something was very, very wrong.

pknight96

Years

So now two people had left for supplies... And a rather dark tone had been set... Where WAS the guard? There was something amiss... The guard was always ontop of this type of problem...

"Should we try to find them?", Alima asked, standing up from her seat. Her mind was already made up her mind on that, having gripped her staff.

"Well, I know I'm going. Anyone willing to help can come with me.", she stated, as she stood up, and walked out the bar. She didn't know what to expect, but she was ready for just about anything. She looked around the town, expecting to find some sort of sign of what was going on, be it some sort of monster attack, or a robbery, or whatever else may come.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Drode Highland
The Barman
Highland sat still on the chair, pondering what was going on. Suddenly, he heard the door of the bar opening. He looked up to see Alima leaving. He didn't even hear her before, but he knew one thing for sure: she was trying to find out what was going on. Before Highland could object, Alima had left. Highland face palmed himself. He couldn't believe everyone was splitting up already. This was bad. EXETREMELY bad.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Zane Cortex: The Royal Gunman

As Zane comes back to the tavern from the market with the supplies that he needed. He noticed Alima looking for something. He goes up to her with candy in his mouth. "What are you looking for Alima?"

Then he thought to himself what might have been the problem. 'Where are the guards? Shouldn't they already at the tavern with the murder and all the ruckus that was going on at the place. Something doesn't add up.' He looked around and noticed that the guards are nowhere to be seen.

He then looks at Alima with a concern face. "We got to get back with the group! I feel something bad is going to happen at the tavern!" Zane rushes back to the tavern with his gun Rain ready in hand for any danger that were ahead of him.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Toil And Trouble
As Zane Cortex ran along the path to the tavern, the unexpected happened. A hand reached from a gutter and pulled him to the ground. Zane looked, and saw a dying human on the ground-or one that was already dead. It was a zombie, an obvious servant of Shaila which had come in an invasion force.
138bde93e52c2b730290b9ad50dc8ce5_75902.jpeg

And yes, Alima did see that.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
Years

Dana was happily drinking her whiskey, without a care in the world, when a sudden, worrying realisation came to mind - the guards haven't showed up yet. Nor have Alima, and Zane, for that matter. The sorceress quickly put her bottle away. "Shouldn't they be here by now?" She thought, with a concered expression on her face. Not aware of what is happening outside, yet, the only thing Dana knew for sure was that there was something going on. Something... dark.

"So, guys, where are Alima, and Zane?" She asked the rest of the group. Her question was shrugged off. "How helpful..." Dana murmured.

"Alright, everyone." She stood up. "I'm goin' on a lil' hunt." Dana was now certain that she was going to get to the bottom of this. "Anyone with me?" She asked, before looking away, and started walking towards the exit, without actually waiting for a response. There was no time to waste at a moment like this, and if someone decided to, they'd tag along.

Before going out of the tavern, with her staff ready in her right hand, she looked back at the group, and simply told them to brace themselves, as trouble was near.

Last edited:

pknight96

Years

"Oh... My... God...", Alima muttered in shock. Without a single thought, Alima brought up her staff, and fired off a ball of light energy at the decomposing beast. She looked straight at Zane. "Not good, not good!", she shouted, pulling Zane up from the zombie. "Go go go!", she shouted, pushing Zane to the tavern pretty much by herself.

Seeing Dana ahead, Alima motioned her to go back inside. "Go inside! There are zombies out here! Shalia must be invading!", she shouted. "Tell everyone to grab something to defend themselves with... And if you get bit, see me immediately! I can heal the virus out of you... Hopefully.", she said. With her staff already in hand, the dainty white mage was ready to fight this invasion off with her allies. This could be a good show to her allies what she was capable of... But more importantly, show Shalia that they weren't going to lay down and die. They would fight her... Even if it meant some of them would die.

Poki

Banned
Years

After seeing what's going on, Dana quickly ran to Alima, and Zane, completely ignoring Alima's command. "Go inside! There are zombies out here! Shalia must be invading!" The white mage shouted.

"Zombies, eh?" She chuckled to herself. "Alright, here's what you're gonna do." The lady took a look at Alima. "Take Zane back to the tavern, and warn our party. I'll buy you guys some time." Finishing her orders, Dana cast fire upon the ground, creating a fiery wall between them, and the wave of decaying, animated corpses aproaching. "I got this." She nodded at their direction, in a reassuring fashion.

"Now go." Dana ordered, in a serious, yet calm tone.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Toil And Trouble
No sooner than when Alima fired her Arrow, the zombie died. That made sense, even though it didn't hit it's head. Holy magic was supposed to be able to instantly kill any zombie. As Alima pulled Cortex up, more moaning came from down the street. Alima saw as many as five zombies coming to towards her. One, however, was different. It was in a small amount of armor, and had a sword.
It was a draugr, which were traditionally a lot harder to kill than a normal zombie. For the Arrow of Faith to work on it, Alima would have to destroy it's armor first...
822cccb4a9d9b2802468b3aae9e41430_75840.jpeg

The other zombies ignored the flame. They just kept on walking. They walked into it, but quickly burned to death.
But the Draugr was smarter than that. It stood on the street, waiting for the flame to go out. Draugr were supposed to have large degrees of intelligence, allowing them to use weapons.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
Years

"It's working." She smiled. "Burn, you fools!" Her smile turned into a grin. Dana was having too much fun. She loved watching her enemies burn, as one could tell. It was such an easy task, though. A little too easy, even. "Something's not right. Where's the action?" The lady frowned. In less than a few seconds, something caught her attention. A zombie, yes, but it wasn't like the rest.

"Why isn't this one advancing towards the fire? Look, it even has a little bit of armor, and a sword... Oh, that's a Draugr!" Dana caught on. "No matter. If you don't want to come to the fire, it'll come to you!" The sorceress shot out flames from her staff, which caused the armor to melt. It took another shot to fully burn the zombie.

Her task was to keep the wall of fire burning, and kill the occasional Draugr. All she had left was to wait for her group to come out of the tavern.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Toil and Trouble
As Titus walked back to the tavern, he saw a panicked, bruised and beaten guard with multiple arrows sticking out of him limp past Titus. Confused, Titus turned around, to see a bunch of undead making hideous moans walking towards him. There were two in total.

Dana stood still keeping the wall of flames up. Another Draugr approached from down the street, but it stopped before getting in range of a fireball. It slowly walked back, and brought another Draugr with it, except this one had a large shield to block the flames. It also had a battle axe
The City Guard
The city guard was done for. Shaila had been serious with this attack. She was definitely trying to get her hands on the King. Just when all hope was lost, the King's army came out of the palace. It would take a short time for them to take care of all the undead, but at least they were going to win now.
Drode Highland
The Barman
As Highland realized what was going on, and his mind fully went into sync, he called to the other adventurers, "Well what are you guys waiting for? We've got to get out of here before-"
He was interrupted by the sound of cracking wood. He swiveled around to see a group of five of Draugr attempting to enter the Tavern from the back. What? Why are they so desperate to get in here? Are they after me?

Last edited:

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
Drode was very right there was something very wrong with what was going on, and as some of his party scattered to go off and do whatever they would he had a thought. Them all separating was a very bad idea as they had a much better chance surviving if they were all together. If they were off and about all alone the chance of survival was quite slim, it was a tactic he used often on his jobs to pick off his targets. As he sat there deep in thought about what Drode had said he hadn't immediately noticed the threat that had made itself present. The keyword was immediately as he soon did realize as the scent of what could only be decaying flesh, he wasn't unused to the scent so he scanned the room with his eyes quickly dashing back and forth and his eyes slightly widened as his eyes saw through the windows of the bar what appeared to be zombies.

"Well what are you guys waiting for? We've got to get out of here before-" Drode was yelling towards the group who was still in the bar, which included him and the few others whom had not left. However he was interrupted by the sounds of wood cracking and his eyes turned to the back of the bar and he saw what the advanced version of the undead was, they were called Draugr if he remembered correctly. He briefly wondered why they were so dead set on getting in here especially when there is a full town that they could attack, shaking his head slightly he deigned to ignore that for now as there were much more pressing matters. He would have to find some way to stop the Draugrs from getting in, an idea struck him at that moment. He didn't honestly have to attack them but he could most definitely keep them at bay.

"Hmm, I guess this will do for now..." He spoke quietly as he pulled 6 daggers from his sleeves and held them between his fingers as if they were claws. However this was momentary as he threw them towards the back wall, the first three were aimed to hit the Draugrs in the head that were trying to get in and the others were used to link wire together in front of where the Draugrs that were trying to break in. It wouldn't hold for to long but the wire was stronger than the average kind so it would by them about 10-15 seconds to come up with a plan or simply kill of the other Draugrs. He kept his senses open making sure that he would not be sneaked up on by a zombie or a Draugr who had made it in to the tavern. Drawing his short sword from its sheath he was ready if any thing were to happen and he would need to attack quickly, one could never be to safe after all.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Nona Ceres

Nona watched as the others went about agreeing to the quest, Jamen and Zane doing so in a much more showy manner than the others. She figured it was obvious this interested her or else she wouldn't still be here. If you don't spend your time doing something fun and interesting, then what's the point?

News that the city guard would be arriving soon sent everyone in different directions as they sought to both prepare for the quest and avoid being found at the scene of the crime. Nona, however, stayed put. She had everything she needed right there in her satchel, and she had no reason to evade the authorities as she'd done nothing wrong. Even if someone did assert that, there was nothing to link her to the incinerated corpse that was the victim. Instead she decided to simply continue scanning those in the tavern in an attempt to come up with another idea for a prank.

She spent a good deal of time doing this as the others did various other things. Alima seemed to want to search for the others and asked if anyone wanted to come with her, but Nona figured it would be a waste of time as they could probably take care of themselves. If she'd gone, she and Alima would probably just end up wandering around aimlessly and maybe silently given Alima's apparent seriousness until they stumbled upon one of their companions who would probably be perfectly fine. She sighed, not liking the slow start this quest was taking.

Her prayers for something interesting were seemingly answered soon enough. The city guard was apparently late, with Dana now deciding to go follow Alima's lead and go exploring. She asked the same thing as Alima, but Nona was sure Dana wouldn't be much better company than Alima would. However, Dana didn't make it very far before there was a loud cry from Alima, who apparently also didn't make it far.

"Go inside! There are zombies out here! Shalia must be invading!"

At this, Nona's attention was piqued. Battle wasn't as quite as fun as messing with people, but it was still quite entertaining. Using her plants as weapons provided a sort of intimacy with them where it almost felt as if they were one. The down side of it was that combat usually ended quickly and left her feeling somewhat empty and dissatisfied afterwards unlike the lingering joy of a prank well done.

Regardless, it was much better than what she was doing now so she got up and rushed to the source of the warning. There stood Dana, fighting off draugr with walls of fire and fireballs. There was a pair of draugr that challenged her, one of which was wielding a large, perhaps fireproof shield. No problem. At least, that's what she would say if there wasn't a massive wall of fire in front of her. She pulled out a vine seed and her wand and had the seed sprout vines to wrap around her wrist before pulling herself up to the tavern's roof. From there, she could properly aim at both draugr without the firewall obstructing her view and potential attacks.

From this range, Nona's wand wouldn't be enough, so she took her staff from its place on her back. Pointing it towards the shield draugr, the top of the staff began to warp until it transfigured into a large, magical vine that shot out towards the draugr. She used the wand held in her other hand to steer the vine as it flew through the air so it curved under the draugr's chin, aiming to have the vine pierce through that soft spot and dig straight up until it buried itself into what was left of its brain. Like this, Nona realized that she might be able to lift the draugr and move it around like a doll if the attack indeed managed to do the trick.

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Titus Lanair: The "Holy" Drunkard

As Titus saw the undead and the guard, he had to make up a decision: Heal the guard or Kill the draugr. He could heal the guard first, but the draugr might get him with his back turned. Or, if he kills the draugr first, the guard might bleed out. He decided that he cant risk his life this early in the quest. Unsheathing his sword, he charged at the draugr. He swung his sword straight towards the draugr, to have it parried. Growling with anger, the draugr stabbed for Titus's heart. Titus parried just in time and swung his sword to the side, cutting its head clean off. As its comrade fell, the other draugr struck, leaving a cut on his arm.

"Blast!" Titus exclaimed wincing in pain. He grunted and stabbed the draugr through the chest, then pulled out and proceeded to chop its head off. Panting with exhaustion, he ran over to check the guard. He felt for a pulse, but found rhe guard was already dead. Shaking his head, Titus healed the cut on his arm and looked around. He smelt something burning, looked down the street, and saw a wall of flames. He ran down to see Dana fendimg off a bunch of draugr. Beheading one, he ran up to Dana to take a stand.

"You need help?" Titus asked with a wide grin on his face.

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Toil and Trouble
As Titus decapitated the draugr attacking Dana, another draugr, this one with a bow, jumped onto the street. It pulled an arrow out of it's quiver, and fired it towards Titus. It just barely missed him, but just when Titu thought he was lucky, he realized that the arrow wasn't supposed to hit him in the first place. The arrow passed through the wall of flame and caught the arrow on fire, then it went and hit the Taven, igniting it as well. Then, the draugr pulled out another arrow and shot it towards Dana
Rafiel's plan worked. However, within a few moments, the draugr slashed through the wire and charged in. However, two more draugr with bows joined the group of undead, making seven draugr in total. Three with swords, two with axes, and another two wth bows.
Then the Tavern got shot with a flaming arrow.
As Nona's vine stretched out and killed the draugr, it's corpse toppled onto the ground limply, the vine still in it's head. However, Nona was interrupted by a clanking sound at the other side of the roof she was on. She looked towards the area, and saw the most peculiar sight. A group of draugr had apparently decided to stack up on top of eachother to get to Nona. Three regular, non-draugr, unintelligent zombies climbed this undead tower to get to Nona. They looked at her, then slowly limped forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back