• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Never understood these, but...

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2012
    I guess I should make one of these threads. Hello everyone. My name is Noah. I play games of all sorts, and Pokemon seemed interesting enough, so ima try it.

The first Pokemon game I played was either FireRed or Colosseum(I'm honestly not sure which I played first). I've since played Emerald, Diamond, and SoulSilver. I currently don't have a generation 5 game, I've been waiting for Pokemon Gray(Is that coming out soon?).

I'm pretty much new to any form of Pokemon outside of in-game play, so if anyone could refer me to somewhere where I could learn basic stuff, it'd be appreciated.

Again, I don't get these threads. Not sure what the appropriate ending is. I'll just awkwardly end it like this.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Hi! Welcome to PokeCommunity, or PC, as we here tend to call it. My name's SeekerOfDarkness, but I usually go by Seeker or Ansem (Kingdom Hearts reference).

There's a tons of things to do here to learn about Pokemon-related stuff you could be interested in. We have Pokemon General, the Trade Corner, the Competitive Battling Center, etc. If you want something non-Pokemon related, we've got the Roleplay Corner, Fan Fiction and Writing, Other Clubs, Other Chat, and loads more. If you're wanting just the basics, I highly recomend checking out the rules threads in each section. (They're near the top of the page, usually with some words in caps like "NEW USERS READ THIS FIRST!" or something of the sort. Also, make sure to read the forum rules, since we don't really like when people break them.

Well, welcome once more! Enjoy your time here, make a few friends (or a lot!), and follow dem rules! If you have questions, ask pretty much anybody. If we've got the answers, we'll be glad to help!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I guess I should make one of these threads. Hello everyone. My name is Noah. I play games of all sorts, and Pokemon seemed interesting enough, so ima try it.

The first Pokemon game I played was either FireRed or Colosseum(I'm honestly not sure which I played first). I've since played Emerald, Diamond, and SoulSilver. I currently don't have a generation 5 game, I've been waiting for Pokemon Gray(Is that coming out soon?).

I'm pretty much new to any form of Pokemon outside of in-game play, so if anyone could refer me to somewhere where I could learn basic stuff, it'd be appreciated.

Again, I don't get these threads. Not sure what the appropriate ending is. I'll just awkwardly end it like this.

Hi there! seems you're getting the hang of this! anyway, Pokemon is certainly interesting. I have been a Pokemon fan ever since, and though I am on college right now, I could not still outgrow it. Anyway, the third installment to the BW game is still speculated and there is still no news regarding these events.

The competitive battlinbg center would be your best bet for your competitive needs. Just ask away, of course. don;t be shy, we don;t bite.

You should end a thread with...

AWESOME IS PC. welcome to PC!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I guess I should make one of these threads. Hello everyone. My name is Noah. I play games of all sorts, and Pokemon seemed interesting enough, so ima try it.

Welcome to the forums, huh, Noah927... OK. Hmm... I think I have been playing since the old days. Pokémon Gray? That will come out, but it's not coming out soon. There's not even an announcement of it, so... It now depends on whether you want to dive into Generation V right now, or whether you'd like to see enhancements, so to speak.

Competitive Battling Center (CBC) is your best friend when it comes to competitive battling (did I just repeat myself? XD) and you'll be able to find lots of stuff to work with... and help you!

Well, feel free to end threads as you like, as long as the thread/post has a point. ^.^ This certainly does! Have fun!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Ohaii there and welcome aboard, Noah! Is that your real name, if so? What a lovely name your parents had given you. It sounds so angelic! Anyway, everyone who wishes to discuss Pokemon with PokeFans are all welcomed in here, so don't worry. Your playing experience isn't needed for you in order to be a real Pokemon Fan, whether your just a casual one. You can join us here! And it's our pleasure to have you here in PC. Hopefully, you will have lots of fun here. :D

I'm not too sure about Pokemon Gray, but you can give Black & White a try! If you enjoyed playing D/P/PL & HG/SS. You will surely enjoy it too since there are lots of amazing features there that isn't implemented in the other games. Plus, the new Pokemons are really awesome, unless you don't like them, but I doubt that you don't. :P

Anyway, I think that the first one who welcomed you already introduced you to some of the most amazing boards here in PC which I'm certain that your gonna enjoy. There are basically lots of things that PC offers ranging from discussions down to events that you will surely love! PC also has it's off-topic boards wherein you could discuss things that are not related to Pokemon which means you can also discuss other video games there if you play some and just everything about the world that doesn't do anything with Pokemon. Along the way, I'm sure that you will be able to meet lots of people around too and make friends with them. ^___^

You will fit in just perfectly fine, don't worry! If you still haven't given the rules by the way, then go read it now. We, the staff doesn't really want to give out infractions and punishments since we love you guys, but it's part of our job to implement the rules so that everything would be organized and so that others wouldn't be affected as well and so if you don't want to get into any trouble, then remember to follow it as always.

Remember, Megan & I are always here to assist you out if you ever get lost or confused and/or if you have any questions. If you would like to talk to me, don't hesitate to drop by my profile and leave a message. I'll reply ASAP. :3

I'll be seeing you and enjoy lurking around~

Back