• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen New 3rd Gen. Fully Evolved Solo Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Started, chose Mudkip, did stuff, caught some Wingulls. Chose a Calm one. Got to Rustboro, beat Roxanne on first attempt. I was pretty lucky, Water Gun 3HKOd Nosepass, with Potions it took even more hits, but only 1 of the 3 Rock Tombs it fired at Wingull hit - and because of Wingulls non-existant defences and Rock weak left it with 7 HP, whew...
    Next: Beating Aqua Grunt in the cave and catching a Zigzagoon for Cut.

New 3rd Gen. Fully Evolved Solo Run

MINE! / Wingull m Lv.16 @ /
    Calm Nature / Keen Eye
    43 HP, 17 Atk, 18 Def, 25 SpA, 16 SpD, 37 Spe
    - Growl
    - Water Gun
    - Supersonic
    - Wing Attack
    Before it got Wing Attack, Shroomish and Lotad were major pains, now they are defeated easily, Wing Attacks high power (well, i mean at this early stage of the game it is high) does more than outweigh Wingull's horrible attack stat.

Update: Beat "rival", beat Brawly, beat Aqua, beat "rival" again, did most Mauville stuff. Now stuck against Wattson. I can beat Voltorb and Electrike, but Manectric keeps on destroying me. Seems like I have to grind...

MINE! / Pelipper m Lv.35 @ /
    Calm Nature / Keen Eye
    101 HP, 46 Atk, 85 Def, 72 SpA, 61 SpD, 67 Spe
    - Thief
    - Water Gun
    - Protect
    - Wing Attack
    Protect is mainly there for Norman, otherwise it's pretty much useless.

Last edited:

ThwackX

I dont exist.
    Years
    ThwackX's Fully evolved 3rd Gen Solo Run: Dodrio: Update 2

- Defeated Roxanne after spamming Growl and Super Potions =D
    - Defeated the Team Magma Dude, Saved "Peeko"
    - Mr Briney took me to Dewford
    - Easily defeated Brawly
    - Got HM05, didnt use it though..
    - Went to Steven, delivered the letter
    - Arrived in Slateport, Defeated team Aqua? or Magma i dont remember.
    - Delivered the Package to Stern.
    - Defeated May, got ITEMFINDER.
    - Arrived in Mauville, Defeated Wallys Ralts.
    - Had to level doduo to Lv 34 and evolved it in order to beat Wattson. I barely won still.
    - Got HM06, and then HM04
    - Went to Meteor Falls, got the meteroite, saw team Aqua.
    - Defeated Team Magma at Mt Chimney
    - Defeated Flannery ( At this point I am very over levelled because of Roxane and Wattson )
    - Then defeated Norman ( again, grossly over leveled )
    - Got HM 03
    - Surfed to Route 119
    - Went to weather institute, defeated team magma, again. And got a cute little Castform.
    - Got HM02 and defeated May
    - Got the devon scope
    - Then defeated Winnona, she was a bit more difficult with her Skarmory and her Dragon dancing Altaria.
    - On the way to Lilycove, I defeated Team Magma from Mt. Pyre, Got the Red Orb i think.
    - Went back to Slateport just in time to see Team Magma steal the submarine.
    - Arrived at their hideout and defeated them.
    - Defeated May outside the Dept. Store.

Im in Lilycove now about to go into the sea routes.

Team:

Dodrio Lv 49

- Steel Wing
    - Drill Peck
    - Fury Attack
    - Tri Attack

Years
    I finally beat Wattson now. With Pelipper at level 42, I could easily OHKO Voltorb and Electrike. Manectric survived a Water Gun and used T-Wave, the anti-paralysis-berry Pelipper had healed it. Manectric was at almost full HP again, because of its berry, but Pelipper KOd it with a crit Water Gun. Magneton was OHKOd by another crit Water Gun.

Years
    After Wattson everything was easy, no surprise there. Except for maybe Norman who prove to be a worthy enemy despite being 20 levels under my Pelipper. Saved after beating Winona. I am way too overleveled, maybe I should skip some more trainers than usually.

MINE! / Pelipper m Lv.59 @ /
    Calm Nature / Keen Eye

- Thief
    - Surf
    - Shock Wave
    - Ice Beam
    I won't post the stats anymore, it takes too much time

Slaves:
    Tropius Lv. 25 (Fly, Flash, Strength, Cut)
    Mudkip Lv. 6 (Tackle, Growl, Mud Slap, Rock Smash)

Boxed:
    Zigzagoon Lv. 2 (retired slave)
    Castform Lv. 25 (There's no way not to get it, except for catching even more Pokemon)

Update: I was already almost through Victory Road, but i was stopped in a double battle I accidentally ran into, short before the end. While I was busy killing my own HM Slaves, a Gardevoir Skill Swapped Slaking's ablility onto Pelipper and then attacked with T-Bolt. No chance for me. Now back at Juan, ugh...

Update: Beat Elite 4, now I'm stuck against Steven and his stupid Ancientpower. Always when I manage to beat Armaldo and Cradily, Metagross gets an immediate crit Psychic, 2 Sp.D drops in a row, etc etc
    Maybe I'll just change to an X-Special abusing strategy, so I can punish him for using set-up fodder Skarmory as his first Pokemon. But i'm not in the mood to go back, it took me eternally to find him in that stupid cave...

More Update: Finally managed it.

Here's a description of the battles:

Elite 4:
    Sidney: OHKOd everything
    Phoebe: Annoying. I lost a lot of PP here.
    Glacia: Hell. Took me ~15 attempts to beat. Stupid Hail damage...
    Drake: Only Kingdra caused trouble, and Toxic, my newest moveset addition, helped to beat it.
    Wallace: Easy. None of his Pokemon really could hurt me. Most stuff was easily killed by Toxic and Shock Wave.

Steven:
    Skarmory: Always easy. 2HKOd by Surf (Shock Wave didn't)
    Claydol: Could survive a Surf. Most of the time used the free turn to use Ancientpower, but sometime Light Screen or (best for me:) Reflect.
    Armaldo: Has massive attacking power, so it could 2HKO Pelipper without a boost. Surf barely couldn't OHKO. Most of the time PP stalled with Potions while hoping for no boost.
    Cradily: Easier than Armaldo, but still very annoying. Ice Beam could only 3HKO. Toxic was my best weapon here. When I finally managed it, Cradily was completely out of PP (except for some Ingrain PP it had remaining), so you can imagine how long it took to beat it.
    Aggron: Always OHKOd, except for one time when Pelipper was confused, hurt itself, and got OHKOd by a Thunder.
    Metagross: Cradily always had a huge amount of luck, but was nothing compared to this guy, as I said before. Took me eternally to finally manage to Hyper Potion PP stall Psychic and then go for the 3HKO with Surf.

MINE! / Pelipper m Lv.73 @ Mystic Water
    Calm Nature / Keen Eye

- Toxic
    - Surf
    - Shock Wave
    - Ice Beam
    Don't know what to say here, I think the battle logs already say enough about Pelipper's qualities.

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Ok, Mondays Suck, are you going to the post game or are you done? I will still put on the champions list.

Last edited:

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    A quick update! I already updated in the hoenn solo run thread, so sorry for the delay here. n.n

-Started the game, named myself Rin, chose Mudkip as a starter and named it Slave.
    -Did all the introductory stuff, then went off and caught a Zigzagoon, also named Slave.
    -Got to Rustboro, avoiding as many trainers as possible
    -caught somewhere around 10 Whismurs, finally caught a Modest one, named her "Allegra". I kind of wanted a male one so I could name him Forte, but whatev :p
    -grinded Allegra to level 17. Gonna go on to lvl20 before taking on Roxanne who is sure to be a bother.

I'm thinking I'm going to skip Brawly until after I at least beat Wattson.

Allegra -- Whismur - Modest - lvl 17
    -Pound
    -Uproar
    -Astonish
    -Howl

her final moveset is going to be something like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Shockwave, and something else I haven't decided on yet. Maybe Hyper Voice but idk.

syphilis

lul spread the love.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    mmm, beat me some surge and erika. and then i beat giovanni and my rival and nut reached level 49, so i evolved him :D

My Man:

nut lvl 49 @ Blackglasses
    Lonely Nature

Brick Break
    Faint Attack
    Extrasensory
    Aerial Ace

Niyo

Zappzappzppap.
    Years
    I'll do a solo run of Emerald, with a Magnemite.
    I'll be hacking it in, lol.
    Also, I was wondering... could I do a few sprite edits?
    I just want to edit the main characters sprite, just to make it look different / unique.
    I'll only be changing the colours, not the size.
    Search up the name Magnemitey on YouTube, I'll be posting my playthrough there when I start.

Last edited:

ThwackX

I dont exist.
    Years
    ThwackX's Fully evolved 3rd Gen Solo Run: Dodrio: UPDATE 3

- Battled every trainer i coiuld find to level up for Liza and Tate.
    - Defeated them easily with Steel Wing , i was 10 lvls above them O_O
    - Then went to the seafloor cavern to defeated Team Magma, Release Groudon and unleash sunlight
    - Arrived at Cave of Origin to Shut Groudon up, i did so.
    - Challenged Wallace, His Milotic was the only problem with its tankiness and its Ice Beam, it almost killed Dodrio.
    - Got thru Victory Road with ease, Defeated Wally with ease, magneton took 3 hits and a full restore to kill, otherwise ez.

Team

Dodrio Lv 62

- Drill Peck
    - Steel Wing
    - Tri Attack
    - Fly

NEXT UPDATE: THE PKMN LEAGUE

Niyo

Zappzappzppap.
    Years
    So far, I've...
    -Caught my Magnemite
    -Battled May [1st time]
    -Got Wally his PkMn
    -Got through Petalburg Woods.

Magnemite
    *Tackle
    *Metal Sound
    *Thundershock
    *Supersonic

ThwackX

I dont exist.
    Years
    ThwackX's Fully evolved yada yada yada..... FINAL UPDATE

Weeeee, Finished. Basically i leveled a bit more ( to lv76 ) then failed a few times, and tbh, i dont wanna talk about it XD. I ended up having to use 100000 Full restores at Steven coz of the steel types. All the others were easy, coz i lvled to 81 after many failures. Anyway.... Without further ado...

Level 82

- Fly
    - Steel Wing
    - Tri Attack
    - Drill Peck

EDIT: Yeah sry I havent been on, kinda busy with Pokemon Platinum =D, and other stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back