• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New 4th Generation Pokemon

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I just saw this new Pokemon on serebii.net just a second ago. I didn't expect it to be released this early. They must be having a hard time coming up with new Pokemon, because this Gonbe is the stupidest thing that I have ever seen... >_<

In-Trance

Trance Trance
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2004
    It is Rather Ugly, I wonder what other pokemon they're making, They better make a Grass Evolution for Eevee, or else ^^;;

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Yes, well I think the Pokemon is scary..XD it eats GARBAGE *dies*. That`s just plain nasty

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    And worst of all, I think this is a pokemon that is suppost to be cute to be featured in the short movie 7, w/e it is going to be..... cute........

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    There is no short movie with the 7th...it appears in the actual movie

Jess

Banned
    Years
    Yes with the poster of Plusle & Minum it might have caused some Confusion.But The Plusle and Minum are Tooi`s so it obvious there is no mini movie, Yet they will be in the movie

Aedan

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I'll always buy pokemon games, because theyre good entertainment, but im feeling that the creators are loosing their touch. Many of the new pokemons in R/S didnt have as much personality as the ones in the older games.. Pokemon are beginning to look more like digimon (meaning that pokemons slowly begins to look more like dustballs with eyes instead of animals).

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I agree that pokemon are becoming more un-pokemonish, especially after seeing Gonbe...it just doesn't have the charm that many of the first and second generation had, and since the third generation was just mediocre I'm really concerned with the 4th...they need to get back to basics: simple but likable creatures, not some of the incredibly far-out stuff they've been making (although there are a lot of pokemon I do like from the third generation...the crappy ones were worth it just to see Absol, Aggron, Rayquaza, Chimecho, Metagross, and a few others...) who knows? This is just one pokemon out of at least a hundred more that will be introduced...when they first started showing the 2nd-generation pokemon, I really didn't care for Togepi, Snubbull, and Marill, but then along came so many more awesome ones...I just can't base my opinion of the upcoming generation on just one pokemon. We'll have to wait and see.

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    I disagree, some pok?mon from 2nd generation were a little odd, in 3rd generation almost every pok?mon looked like a Digimon, but Gonbe is most like the 1st generation... I think...

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    Lol, Everytime I see this thing its spelled differently. Whats the correct spelling? And will we be seeing any more new ones in the future; that'd be nice.
    And, a logical look at Starters: "Grass, Fire, Water" always! (and an electric,)
    Grass was reptile, mammel, reptile. Fire was reptile, mammel, bird. Water, has always been a reptile (mudkip, what is he?) It might be 2/3. It'd be nice to see some original ideas this time around!
    A bird/Plant, that'd be intresting! But i foresee a cat-like-pokemon as a starter this time. A fire type maybe...

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    AJHalliwell said:
    Lol, Everytime I see this thing its spelled differently. Whats the correct spelling? And will we be seeing any more new ones in the future; that'd be nice.
    And, a logical look at Starters: "Grass, Fire, Water" always! (and an electric,)
    Grass was reptile, mammel, reptile. Fire was reptile, mammel, bird. Water, has always been a reptile (mudkip, what is he?) It might be 2/3. It'd be nice to see some original ideas this time around!
    A bird/Plant, that'd be intresting! But i foresee a cat-like-pokemon as a starter this time. A fire type maybe...

Chicorita was no where near Mammal, it was like a live plant, but from what I saw, it doesnt resemble any creature that walks the Earth, and Mudkip and Friends were Fishes (Mud Fishes)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Dizzy said:
    Chicorita was no where near Mammal, it was like a live plant, but from what I saw, it doesnt resemble any creature that walks the Earth, and Mudkip and Friends were Fishes (Mud Fishes)
    Mudkip looks like a salamander larvae/water-dwelling sub-division of salamanders (mudpuppies). I'd assume that is what Mudkip is based off of as Mudkip doesn't really resemble a fish all that much.

Picture for reference:
    https://herpcenter.ipfw.edu/outreach/accounts/amphibians/salamanders/Mudpuppy_Waterdog/Mudpuppy.jpg

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Awsome! I hope they start revealing more info. W00t we get to go through that same feeling while waiting for each new generation to come out!

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    gonde eat a lot as gonde and evolve into fat and lazy snorlax because of all the food they eat. Yeah, some of the 3rd gen pkmn kinda look like digimon. the coolest pkmn were the 1st and 2nd gen, and maybe the 4th gen... and gonbe does look like 1st gen.
    GONBE ROCK!

Back