• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Areas

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    There's Darkrai but an event only legend isn't gonna make an appearance.

There's a first time for everything. Not saying it will happen, just that there isn't anything really stopping Game Freak from doing it if they felt like it.

That dark cloud is very suspicious though, normally if they wanted to hide an area they'd throw a regular cloud over it and call it a day.....so there must be something special about this area.

I'd love to visit that big island in the centre of the map, but it doesn't look like there's anything going on there.

So we're focused on things hidden behind clouds, but do you think they're hiding something behind the sunspot?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    There's a first time for everything. Not saying it will happen, just that there isn't anything really stopping Game Freak from doing it if they felt like it.

That dark cloud is very suspicious though, normally if they wanted to hide an area they'd throw a regular cloud over it and call it a day.....so there must be something special about this area.

I'd love to visit that big island in the centre of the map, but it doesn't look like there's anything going on there.

So we're focused on things hidden behind clouds, but do you think they're hiding something behind the sunspot?

Besides it could mean a return to in game event Pokemon as there hasn't been any since HgSs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I can see new places being introduced in Hoenn. They won't keep it exactly the same, since we know this due to Magma/Aqua's new designs. The island in the north... is a little unusual. At first glance, it looks like a stormy cloud. But then if you take a closer look, it resembles an island, or even possibly made out of basalt. Very unusual! ;-;

Years
    I can see new places being introduced in Hoenn. They won't keep it exactly the same, since we know this due to Magma/Aqua's new designs. The island in the north... is a little unusual. At first glance, it looks like a stormy cloud. But then if you take a closer look, it resembles an island, or even possibly made out of basalt. Very unusual! ;-;

I think the strange island may have a connection to Primal reversions. It'll make sense to add a new place for them. Also I notice that it's directly north of Mt. Pyre while Sky Tower is almost directly south of Sootopolis, making them similar in placement.

Last edited:
    Years
    Seriously doubt that it's home to a new legendary. Furthering that statement, doubt that they reveal any new legendaries in ORAS. Now, that doesn't mean the cloud shown in the new map doesn't depict a new area to explore. That's still plausible, and I think even more so if it's home to an existing legendary, a la Giratina/Rayquaza/Darkrai, or even one that's a bit obscure like Deoxys.

Years
    Seriously doubt that it's home to a new legendary. Furthering that statement, doubt that they reveal any new legendaries in ORAS. Now, that doesn't mean the cloud shown in the new map doesn't depict a new area to explore. That's still plausible, and I think even more so if it's home to an existing legendary, a la Giratina/Rayquaza/Darkrai, or even one that's a bit obscure like Deoxys.

Maybe it could be Jiranchi seeing how it was the only one we couldn't get in game. The island could be made out of black crystal or glass (obsidian).

Years
    It could be ruins having to do with Sinnoh. Could also be related to the Tao trio as Zekrom is said to appear in dark clouds, plus Reshiram is said to be able to change the climate with it's heat. Kyurem could be deep under the cloud in a tiny island. Or maybe that one will be in Shoal cave which is right across from it. Well Reshiram could be in Meteor Falls seeing how the real life counterpart of meteor falls talks about a legend of a white dragon being seen there. I'll be cool to see Reshiram be a reference to that by being in Meteor Falls.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    The dark cloud at the top almost looks like a rock to me. If you look closely, it doesn't seem to be amorphous like a cloud at all. Also, and this just might be my paranoid side, but it seems like there are the outlines of people in that dark whatever it is.

I really hope we get to go back to Johto with these remakes. If we don't, then I at least hope we get the Battle Frontier, plus a new-mini area to explore.

Years
    The dark cloud at the top almost looks like a rock to me. If you look closely, it doesn't seem to be amorphous like a cloud at all. Also, and this just might be my paranoid side, but it seems like there are the outlines of people in that dark whatever it is.

I really hope we get to go back to Johto with these remakes. If we don't, then I at least hope we get the Battle Frontier, plus a new-mini area to explore.

I see the outline of a rock too. People? Hmm...maybe it's some ruins created by the ancients with giant statues if it is people shaped things under it? Or maybe the Golem's original forms (if they get Primals) being depicted in real statues.

Here I thought I was the only one wanting to see Johto in these remakes :)

Years
    I mean, it would be unbelievably cool to have another region in the games, it just seems unlikely because there's already an extensive post-game in Frontier. Hoenn's got all that space booked up, unfortunately. I'd honestly rather have Frontier than Johto, as much as I love it. I don't think anything on the new map insinuates a new region, really :c

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Maybe the dark spot insinuates something pertaining to Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion perhaps? It was obviously not there in RSE. There were some major updates to the overall gameplay like the one above.

Years
    Maybe the dark spot insinuates something pertaining to Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion perhaps? It was obviously not there in RSE. There were some major updates to the overall gameplay like the one above.

That's the on top of my list it may be. It may be Hoenn's version of the Tower of Mastery (sounds like something out of KH...). Followed by it being connected to Giratina, or Zekrom.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I mean, it would be unbelievably cool to have another region in the games, it just seems unlikely because there's already an extensive post-game in Frontier. Hoenn's got all that space booked up, unfortunately. I'd honestly rather have Frontier than Johto, as much as I love it. I don't think anything on the new map insinuates a new region, really :c

Why not both? :D

And I will be honest in saying I absolutely have no expectations for a new region, but in another forum I often frequent, someone made a nice long post about how video game designers are coasting more and more; that they are making games that are sub-optimal, either because they know they can get away with it or, more sinisterly, so they can flip out dlc every month or so for a steady stream of revenue.

I think having both Johto and the Battle Frontier (especially given that these would just be remakes of old landscapes... the only true work would be the storyline you'd have to flesh out for the return to Johto) would be entirely doable. Again, I don't expect it, but then again, why should we not? I bet ya if the demand was high enough, they'd do it easy peasy. No one puts that pressure on (or even can) so it is kind of a moot point, but I like to pose the what-if and keep my hopes up. I'd rather have that dream to tide me over to release than just a realistic expectation :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For those that want us to access Johto, I seriously doubt that it would happen. Although I'd love it, personally, chances of it actually occurring aren't very high, considering that we've had this region recently in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. If we do wind up visiting this place, we'd most likely be limited to about three or four locations within, and not much else.

What would be even better is if they'd allowed us to visit something new all together; that way, it would be a lot more fun and adventuring.

Years
    For those that want us to access Johto, I seriously doubt that it would happen. Although I'd love it, personally, chances of it actually occurring aren't very high, considering that we've had this region recently in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. If we do wind up visiting this place, we'd most likely be limited to about three or four locations within, and not much else.

What would be even better is if they'd allowed us to visit something new all together; that way, it would be a lot more fun and adventuring.

That was five years ago though, so it's not that recent. Coincidentally (or maybe not so since it was in the originals) we visited Kanto again five years after it's remake.
    I would love to see Johto in 3D.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I'm hoping to see some ruins, that was something Hoenn lacked, I mean REAL ruins, not a random cave like "Desert Ruins". A place that is fun to explore and full of life.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm hoping to see some ruins, that was something Hoenn lacked, I mean REAL ruins, not a random cave like "Desert Ruins". A place that is fun to explore and full of life.

I would love massive ruins, too, however, the only connection I can really see to Hoenn is through Regigigas. I think that he will appear ingame somewhere since he's the Regi trio master, and hopefully it'll be in some nice big ruins :]

Something else that I really want is someplace big underwater to explore. The trenches were nice and definitely interesting but I'm sure there can be more down there.

Back