• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Battle Frontier

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If the battle frontier returns, do you want to see new facilities? Do you want something completely different?

I would love to see it return with even more facilities. Maybe they could have a few of Pt/HG/SS's facilities return as well. I would also like to see more items at the battle store available to decorate secret bases with.

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    I loved the Pyramid and the Seviper attraction so as long as they return I'll be content

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • If the battle frontier returns, do you want to see new facilities? Do you want something completely different?

I would love to see it return with even more facilities. Maybe they could have a few of Pt/HG/SS's facilities return as well. I would also like to see more items at the battle store available to decorate secret bases with.

I'm anticipating seeing Pokemon Emerald's Battle Frontier in glorious 3D in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. I wouldn't mind seeing the Battle Arcade, Battle Castle, and Battle Hall (and maybe even the Pokeathlon of Johto) make a return, though (the Sinnoh Battle Tower and Battle Factory would be kind of redundant). I hope that the Battle Tower (and the other battle facilities that contain a Double Battle mode) receives enhancements like an online co-op mode or something - essentially, whatever enhancements that the Sinnoh Battle Tower, Unova Battle Subway, and Kalos Battle Maison received.

I hope that a Battle Institute shows up either as a battle facility or as another attraction of Hoenn.

I'm hoping that the Trainer Hill (near north of Mauville City) gets integrated in the Hoenn Battle Frontier somehow (it fits the style of one, IMO), receiving its original varieties, the mode variants from Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen's Trainer Tower, and a possible new Frontier Brain design (that dude/building owner perched on the roof).

Finally, I'm hoping we get an actual full-fledged Battle Tent (I always envisioned Daisy Oak as the head of such a battle facility, for some reason...) Those Battle Tent buildings are designed so nicely in Emerald, yet they're basically inferior battle facilities, being a poor man's Battle Frontier.. :x Hopefully I'll have more incentive to visit a "Battle Tent" this time around!

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • This is one of the things I'm REALLY hoping for in a remake. I loved Emerald's Battle Frontier so much, and I'm not going to lie, I was pretty disappointed with the one we got in Platinum and HG/SS. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the attractions there, but... The frontier itself was just so tiny and bland compared to the HUGE one in Emerald.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the old Battle Frontier in Emerald, and I'd like that one to come back in the R/S remakes instead of the Battle Tower by itself.

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • I just thought of something, though, what if maybe we got something like Pokemon World Tournament? I would love something like that -- the type expert challenges were a lot of fun.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Ooooh Battle Factory was one of my favorites. I know it was a Gen IV thing but still, I loved it. I hope we get a huge battling facility with a lot of attractions.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The Battle Pike and Battle Dome need to remain exactly the same. The Battle Dome was quite possibly my favorite thing to do in that game because of how the Single Elimination style brackets were done, along with trainer cards of your Pokemon and a rating of like "dark horse" or "not really a frontrunner in the tournament" types of things were. You MUST admit those were excellent little additions in Emerald. I loved them, anyway. Everything else (besides the Pike, it's too simple and fun to change) can change if it wants. ALSO TUCKER <3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The Battle Pike was possibly my favourite, getting all those random changes and that darned Vulpix. I don't think I'd want those things to change, the Battle Dome, the Battle Pyramid... all of them were awesome in their own way. Frontier Brains could change, but not much else hopefully.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Don't change Hoenn's Battle Frontier! D':

...although, the only facility I don't like is the Battle Palace. BUT THE REST ARE AMAZING DON'T CHANGE THEM! D'X

Both Hoenn's and Gen IV's Frontiers are amazing though, but for Hoenn remakes, can't we just go with the original? .3.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really hope they include it and don't change it all! Honestly, I think it was really well done and it set me up for disappointment when later "Battle Frontiers" didn't have the same type of facilities as Emerald had. It was so awesome, and extended the postgame a lot so there really isn't a downside to having it at all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I say go with the original. The only changes I want are in the Battle Tower, they need to add the new Battle forms. Maybe Inverse Battle can be there too.

Years
  • I can only imagine how intelligent the CPU would be programmed for an Inverse Battle against Anabel... oh how the nightmares will ensue.

Anabel...the only Frontier Brain I have yet to defeat in Emerald...grr. You know they should really make it happen though, a challenge is welcomed after XY being so unchallenging...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Anabel...the only Frontier Brain I have yet to defeat in Emerald...grr. You know they should really make it happen though, a challenge is welcomed after XY being so unchallenging...
    I agree. I kind of want Rotation and Triples all available in there, those would be so much fun. And Anabel better be available for them all. ;) I don't think I ever even got to her, though ahaha

Years
  • I agree. I kind of want Rotation and Triples all available in there, those would be so much fun. And Anabel better be available for them all. ;) I don't think I ever even got to her, though ahaha

Welp. I only got to her once and I lost after so trying so many times. ;-; I actually don't remember much of it apart from that...so traumatic...
    Actually Palmer (who used legendaries) was pathetic compared to her...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I loved Battle Frontier in Emerald, and would go there every day just to run around and listen to its music; it was such an amazing place. n_n;; My favorite facility would probably be Factory; I thought it was pretty unique playing with Pokémon that you've never owned. I've eventually found ways to actually steal them thanks to YouTube, but unfortunately, they all required use of Action Replay, which I didn't have at the time. Anyway, if they're bringing this place back in ORAS, I'd like them to keep it the way it was. They could make changes here and there if they wish for improvement purposes, but I want them to keep the same basic structure.

Back