• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: New BB Code (Marquee)

Do you think a [marquee] would be a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Nobody adds non-standard HTML tags anymore. Certainly not Internet Explorer-proprietary ones. Nobody. We actually removed <GLOW> tags for the same reason, actually.

I remember those glow tags.. used them when I was noob.

>__> Moving on..

I think Marquee here is just.. no. xD; In my opinion anyway, because people would severely abuse it. It's not very often that you see tastefully done marquee messages, they used to be trendy, but these days they're more like a nightmare to people's eyesight. D8;

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

I remember those glow tags.. used them when I was noob.

>__> Moving on..

I think Marquee here is just.. no. xD; In my opinion anyway, because people would severely abuse it. It's not very often that you see tastefully done marquee messages, they used to be trendy, but these days they're more like a nightmare to people's eyesight. D8;

Yeah, I'm one of those people that manage to pull off nice effects using marquees...
It really is the only tag from that 90's period I would end up using.

I wasn't here for glow, lol, but I can imagine THAT getting really annoying.

Well, pretty easy to tell this wont be added, can someone close this? Not really needed at this point...

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Yeah, I'm one of those people that manage to pull off nice effects using marquees...

Really? It doesn't sound like it:

I figured it could be used to have something run down the sides of someone's Hack thread, like a falling pokeball, it could make for interesting signatures too, as you could have a GIF of one of the players running across the area of your signature, you know?

One of the very few good uses of marquees would be for a stock ticker.

I wasn't here for glow, lol, but I can imagine THAT getting really annoying.

It's only an outline, it doesn't animate or anything.

But anyway.

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
I'm curious, can't you do a mini marquee in a song in your sig? o3o Instead of the song title I've seen people put little messages in the song bbc code.

Shouldn't that suffice all your marquee needs if you really need one? ^^;

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm curious, can't you do a mini marquee in a song in your sig? o3o Instead of the song title I've seen people put little messages in the song bbc code.

Shouldn't that suffice all your marquee needs if you really need one? ^^;

o.0 I never even... Wow, thanks, I never actually thought about that, problem solved.

And to Myles, I was just giving examples... No need to keep bashing me.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
When did I ever put you down? You're the one that started mocking me with sarcasm... ._.

I have yet to even once be sarcastic.
I'm being serious, I thought this would be a good idea, but 50% of everyone who posted here didn't like it.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you seem to find every way possible to make it seem like I am a retard or something just for even suggesting it.
I've never posted a single sarcastic remark on this site without also posting some sort of indication that I was sarcastic, like JK or like a simley.

I personally see no point in continuing to post in this thread, Hiroshi blatantly laughed at me, with no regards or apologies, it would be nice, but no.
Yes, I am butthurt over it, but it was simply rude, and coming from an administrator, surprising.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Since when did I do anything like that? All I did was say how terrible marquees are, why are you taking it personally?

As for the sarcasm, I was talking about this, which I sure hope was sarcasm, because otherwise o.O:

Well, if GIF's and Marquees bother you in Signatures, why don't you just turn signatures off?
I mean, since signatures are SO DISTRACTING, you can simply click "User CP" and then do to "Options", scroll down a little ways, and disable Signatures.
You can also disable Images, Avatars, and Smileys, amongst other various things.

Now please don't try to come up with OH SO TERRIBLE things about marquees, they are not that annoying.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Since when did I do anything like that? All I did was say how terrible marquees are, why are you taking it personally?

As for the sarcasm, I was talking about this, which I sure hope was sarcasm, because otherwise o.O:

Meh, kinda half sarcasm, but the point was there, if you don't like animations of GIF's in signatures, you can turn them off...

And about saying you were bashing me, you weren't, it was more my suggestion, in either case, sorry.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Ew no, we might as well all go around dressed like this.
Spoiler:

I thought we'd left those things behind us and moved on from our primitive ways ;-;

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
[jq]

Well personally and honestly. I turn them down for a reason. It's just the idea doesn't seem well that important.
You can say it's a good idea all you want but, hey we all have our own opinion. I don't say no for no reason. I say no because, I actually do have a reason.
[/jq]

[jq]

Mine as well put a sign on it.

But,I think that the BB code we have works perfectly fine. So, I don't think we really new one. Let's just subside this suggestion as of right now. Doubt we need it anytime soon.
[/jq]

[jq]

I think they already gave you a reason. But, the idea isn't all that important. Just because, sometimes it's only a matter of appearence.
[/jq]

I can't even understand what you're saying because of your terrible grammar.

See, this is what I was afraid of, this is a flame war waiting to happen.
Can a MOD close this thread?
The tag wont be made, and this is an argument waiting to happen, please close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back