• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] New Best Wishes 2 Opening

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I was going to post this earlier BUT I COULDN'T FIND THE VIDEO /sob

Idk I'm not all that huge on the openings, but I was happy to see a new evolution. Not too thrilled on who was evolving. WHEN WILL SNIVY?

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • Dawn has me confused. First of all had ni clue she is back Second I'm not sure if its the regular cameo or something more. The thing is why have her only and no Brock if its just the regular cameo. The fact she is with other recurring people is making me think she could stay for a good chunk of time but leave after the world arc. So we finish Unova with the league and the original trio. Just seems weird if it was a 3 ep cameo that they would put her in it the way they did.

Years
  • Very glad that we finally got a new opening; I was very tired of the old one and couldn't even watch a second without wanting to go crazy. XD; This one's amazing, though everyone flying at the end was a little silly to me lmao. But Rica Matsumoto singing another opening makes me happy!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Very glad that we finally got a new opening; I was very tired of the old one and couldn't even watch a second without wanting to go crazy. XD; This one's amazing, though everyone flying at the end was a little silly to me lmao. But Rica Matsumoto singing another opening makes me happy!
    I know right!? Everyone flying at the end seemed a little bit too cheesy to me.

However, this has been one of the best openings in a long while in my opinion! I'm definitely glad it's no longer in CGI either. I remember saying I had thought that was pretty cool and different the first time around, but after awhile it just got tired and annoying to watch every time. I really like the song too.

Also, spoilers! You should warn people about the spoilers first. AAAH!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • ^ *claps* Hey, someone proved to us today that they can see!

Yeah, that means Krokorok is evolving soon. (I mean he needs it...he's not exactly as strong as we hyped him up to be)

Here is the thing. Every gen, Ash get's a Bi-pedal lizard (Charizard, Totodile, Sceptile, Gible, Krokorok/Krookodile in that order). So far half the time it has evolved; I mean we have showcased Ash's Krokorok at ever stage, when you think about it...it makes sense for it to evolve. Why would it evolve just once and not again?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    ...why is everybody flying in the end? IIRC, humans can't fly.

Honestly, who cares, it's pokemon. Pretty much the most unrealistic franchise too exist.

I do think this intro is leaps and bounds over the horrible CGI intro that went before it.

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • ...why is everybody flying in the end? IIRC, humans can't fly.

Honestly, who cares, it's pokemon. Pretty much the most unrealistic franchise too exist.

I do think this intro is leaps and bounds over the horrible CGI intro that went before it.

Krillin can XD.

I don't think they are flying as much as the arrows of light are launching them to there goals.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I am actually surprised by no Misty and Brock. I guess we can safely say they're probably not going to appear again anytime soon. Then again Misty was in the second DP opening yet she didn't appear in any DP episodes so I guess that doesn't mean much.

I am starting to wonder if the writers themselves don't like Misty at all anymore. Its like they purposely ignore her now.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The opening was "alright" but anything is better than the first one that had. I got sick of it by the team we made it to Nimbasa. Excited to see Krookodile. Was hoping they would show more evos though.

Years
  • I am actually surprised by no Misty and Brock. I guess we can safely say they're probably not going to appear again anytime soon. Then again Misty was in the second DP opening yet she didn't appear in any DP episodes so I guess that doesn't mean much.

I am starting to wonder if the writers themselves don't like Misty at all anymore. Its like they purposely ignore her now.
    They're focused on advertising the "new" to children. From that standpoint there's not really any reason to include her, unless you look at her appearance in the World Tournament. Looking at the current pattern, each girl gets to appear in the series after they depart which explains why Dawn's there.

I have a feeling they're saving Brock for later. I mean, he was a main character for over a decade. You can't just send him off with a boring episode about his little brother and then proceed to ignore him forever. He's been around way longer than Dawn, yet she appears. It'd be strange not to do something with him. Maybe he'll show up at the league?

Anyways, I definitely prefer this opening to the last. I appreciate the originality of the previous one, but it's nice to have a proper opening again. But that part with Ash and the pillars... And that flying scene... Ugh...

Luckily those can be forgiven thanks to cool scenes like the Kyurems and Ash's Pokemon hanging out at the lab. PRIMEAPE.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Here are my thoughts about new opening being mixture of pleasure, excitement but in small doze disappointment too.

I like animation and lyrics are pretty good having kinda catchy song and certain charge around them. Since basically whole opening is focused around World tournament implies how good chunk of BW2 will play around it, making me wander eve more how will BW2 play out and if there are other unexpected surprises down the road which opening didn't revealed.

-Dawn appearing in BW2 petty much confirms my initial prediction that she will have some sort of recurring role, just like Bianca, Stephan or Georgia does.

-quick insight in Oaks lab showing prof., Dehlia and Tracey was welcoming and nice reference to past days and all Ash pokemon gathered at one place was treat in itself. I liked Charizard pose, Muk behind tree and Kingler hanging around(nice that writers remember them) and Primeape appearance suggests how after all this years pokemon Ash left at training long ago, might finally return to its original owner.

-everyone flying around was not something i would expect from pokemon show, but either way i liked it adding for nice, interesting touch.

p.s. However its disappointing that we didn't get to see any other older companions in opening. Some would think how at least Misty or Brock would have appeared there because of their role in BW2 games and involvement with world tournament, but i guess even quick showcasing was too much to expect from writers. Sad really, because ex companions were important part of pokemon deserving some recognition having much more to offer.

They're focused on advertising the "new" to children. From that standpoint there's not really any reason to include her, unless you look at her appearance in the World Tournament. Looking at the current pattern, each girl gets to appear in the series after they depart which explains why Dawn's there.

We saw writers not having problems in bringing back decade old character like Gary or Jessibelle who are not in any way relevant to new games, including 15 years old pokemon like Primeap, Kingler or Charizard which today kids never saw ,Dawn coming back for extra long visit despite there not being contests etc.so in reality there isn't any excuse for writers ignoring Misty like garbage for last 6 years, especially when she was important part of series being massively popular.

My thoughts:
    Since she appears in BW 2 games, Misty could have shot coming back and play important role as well since she is currently gym leader and is popular and iconic enough to warrant writers including her in anime again to bring boost to ratings and help advertize BW2. Not to mention writers left unfinished job about character and story, and update and more development wold be surely welcomed to get. In reality now is perfect opportunity to bring Misty and make her important again, because world tournament would not only b helpful to her story helping her to advance goal of water master, but it would also give writers on disposal all time favorite and iconic girl which could have been used to help promote new games.

Does writers have any plans with her in future? Only time will tell.

Years
  • We saw writers not having problems in bringing back decade old character like Gary or Jessibelle who are not in any way relevant to new games, including 15 years old pokemon like Primeap, Kingler or Charizard which today kids never saw ,Dawn coming back for extra long visit despite there not being contests etc.so in reality there isn't any excuse for writers ignoring Misty like garbage for last 6 years, especially when she was important part of series being massively popular.
    But Dawn just left. She just getting her necessary reappearence in the nexxt saga just like Misty in May. Misty actually has gotten quite a few reappearances and references since she left. Max fans are the ones who should be angry, but luckily, there are no Max fans.

You're right, from that standpoint there really wasn't any reason to bring back Gary and Jessibelle. Just some random fanservice. Still, they've also used Misty many times in the past after her depature, so it's nice to see some other older characters get some screentime. I think Ash's Pokemon are a different case, as they actually belong to the main character and represent how far he's come (Despite how little he's actually progressed). However, it's more than likely that Primeape's return is just fanservice, unless they plan to use him in some sort of plot (Which I doubt).

I agree that now is probably her best shot in a long time, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. Maybe because having Misty and Dawn at the same time would be overkill.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    But Dawn just left. She just getting her necessary reappearence in the nexxt saga just like Misty in May. Misty actually has gotten quite a few reappearances and references since she left. Max fans are the ones who should be angry, but luckily, there are no Max fans.

If that was only necessary appearance Dawn would only appear for 2 to 4 episodes though, but its obvious writers decided to break tradition changing approach with past characters giving them better follow up after they leave, making sure to be kept relevant in some way even after departure. She might stay from 10 to 20 episodes judging by all that promotion and appearance in opening, and if coordinator which isn't in new games can return with planned out story, anyone can with world tournament idea providing lot of flexible and more logical opportunities for Misty and Brock(than its case with Dawn currently). Perhaps they are testing ground with her return to see if combination of older and new could function, and depending on how well it gets received it might pan out way for future return of other older friends.

About Max almost noone cares sadly(Tracey syndrome), but Misty is another story and she should get some chance to shine and recognition as first female companion with further flesh out bringing only benefit. 6 years of absence is very long time, and no one deserves to end up erased .
    When will someone return shouldn't be based on in how many episodes he was in, but if current story and character itself would benefit from return being always refreshing and interesting to see older favorites updated and took to new directions.

I agree that now is probably her best shot in a long time, but it doesn't look like it'll happen. Maybe because having Misty and Dawn at the same time would be overkill.

My guess is that since Junior tournament as far as we know is going to happen before Unova league, could likely be only prequel to more advanced and complex tournaments in BW2 arc. Some sort of introduction with presence of E4 members and champion being special privilege for trainers to have chance to try themselves out in battle against some of best.

By time Ash finish up BW league there will be 2 years waiting to be filled up before 6th generation starts. Which leads me to believe how concept of world tournament being divided in several small tournaments might become reality and transferred to filler arc in which older friends could return later on. There simply doesn't exist enough material to support filler arc right now, so its not so incredible to expect other older friends coming back after Dawn as well.

In Misty case coming back to advance her water master dream and develop more character through tournaments host by Cynthia, to get update on her and what has changed after so much time, for continuity purposes and to advertize BW2 games are all valid reasons.

Only open question is, are writers having any plans with character to capitalize on popularity and iconic status. Personally since i liked character being highly entertaining and full of potential during majority of run(counting AG as well)i would welcome return

Last edited:

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
  • I agree with everyone that this is probably long awaited change in openings since that disastrous CGI opening they had for the BW. I'm sorry for those who enjoyed it but I honestly disliked it. I couldn't give you a good reason without it sounding childish but the new opening seems pretty great. The inclusion of all of Ash's Pokemon at Prof. Oak's was a nice addition because I sometimes think they ignore them and it's nice to see that we're not the only ones thinking about them. ^^

I was thrown off by Dawn's appearance in the opening (I literally gasped when I saw her because I've always loved her character and Piplup. Glad to see that little guy back.). I really hope she becomes a regular again in the anime but that might just be wishful thinking, looking at Pokemon's track record. But all in all, no complaints. I thoroughly enjoyed the opening but I hope the English theme song isn't terrible again. I miss the music from the earlier days. Johto was probably had the best theme song.

Years
  • If that was only necessary appearance Dawn would only appear for 2 to 4 episodes though, but its obvious writers decided to break tradition changing approach with past characters giving them better follow up after they leave, making sure to be kept relevant in some way even after departure. She might stay from 10 to 20 episodes judging by all that promotion and appearance in opening, and if coordinator which isn't in new games can return with planned out story, anyone can with world tournament idea providing lot of flexible and more logical opportunities for Misty and Brock(than its case with Dawn currently). Perhaps they are testing ground with her return to see if combination of older and new could function, and depending on how well it gets received it might pan out way for future return of other older friends.
    With Dawn I really think it's just a matter of keeping with the pattern, and I'm not quite sure if they're getting better with follow-ups, because Misty got way better treatment than May and especially Max. We also still haven't seen Brock again, but to be fair, he did appear in a spin-off episode. You know, that "precita" guy might be on to something. It really does feel that the writers absolutely adore Dawn sometimes. I would have to say that she was the most prominent female in her respective saga. Who knows, it could really just rely on their preferences.

Are you sure they really need to experiment with integrating old and new characters? They've done it plenty of times in the past. Like you said Misty can easily appear again, it's just the writer's reluctance that's the issue.

Right now I can understand the rational to not include Misty. If May were to appear again then I'd be a bit intrigued.

When will someone return shouldn't be based on in how many episodes he was in, but if current story and character itself would benefit from return being always refreshing and interesting to see older favorites updated and took to new directions.
    I agree. It's a shame that these characters seem so disposable.

My guess is that since Junior tournament as far as we know is going to happen before Unova league, could likely be only prequel to more advanced and complex tournaments in BW2 arc. Some sort of introduction with presence of E4 members and champion being special privilege for trainers to have chance to try themselves out in battle against some of best.

By time Ash finish up BW league there will be 2 years waiting to be filled up before 6th generation starts. Which leads me to believe how concept of world tournament being divided in several small tournaments might become reality and transferred to filler arc in which older friends could return later on. There simply doesn't exist enough material to support filler arc right now, so its not so incredible to expect other older friends coming back after Dawn as well.
    This would be nice to see. More international tournaments would make it easy to have older characters appear without coming up with terrible excuses. *cough*BrockjoiningAshinDP*cough*

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • THE cgi would not have been so bad if they did not shown all those Pokemon in like the first 13 episodes. If they changed it up after revealing the first set it would of been better.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    With Dawn I really think it's just a matter of keeping with the pattern, and I'm not quite sure if they're getting better with follow-ups, because Misty got way better treatment than May and especially Max. We also still haven't seen Brock again, but to be fair, he did appear in a spin-off episode. You know, that "precita" guy might be on to something. It really does feel that the writers absolutely adore Dawn sometimes. I would have to say that she was the most prominent female in her respective saga. Who knows, it could really just rely on their preferences.

I dunno.
    Dawn is already going to get much better follow up than Misty and May did combined. Aside from DP special, she might very well become recurring character for whole BW2 arc getting massive amount of foreshadowing, appearing on promotional poster and being showed as someone relevant judging by new opening.

From current info, Dawn role will be a lot bigger than simple appearance for few episodes with writers deciding to do something unexpected breaking past patterns.

Though while she may have been first real co-star and im glad that she receives such recognition, that doesn't change fact how other girls were important as well deserving better. Misty was original girl which left big impact on OS being part of most iconic group paving out way for others, while May introduced contests so it is in a way unfair that Dawn receives so much while other characters are getting short end of stick.

About Misty follow up, she got more than May did in quantity(only reason May wasn't in hosos was because thy stopped airing before she left cast) but when it comes to quality May appearance in Wallace Cup advanced more her own story than Misty appearances in set of two episodes really did. As character Misty never really got closure being less fleshed out than other girls, she barely made any notable progress in her venture of becoming water master(aside from Whirl Cup and few other occasions in Johto) and in my honest opinion she deserves more screen time not being given enough. She may have returned before, but there is no reason why she shouldn't again not deserving to rot forgotten.

Just like Brock deserves to return again regardless of being in anime much longer than any other main character(san Ash)was.

However its all matter of personal preference, People which liked May more don't care so much wanting to see May more, while Misty fans rather prefer that she comes back. But objectively everyone deserve chance to shine.I wouldn't even mind if Misty, May or someone else return to main cast for shorter period like season, being enough to do continuation and great development and serve as dash of fresh unexpected air being intrigues to see how would older more mature and experienced companion work in today format and cast.
    It would be more fun and different than usual introduction of new companions, and judging by hype older companions bring good for ratings too.

About Max we have to accept unfortunately that he is going same way like Tracey did being less important to anime than main girls were.

Are you sure they really need to experiment with integrating old and new characters? They've done it plenty of times in the past. Like you said Misty can easily appear again, it's just the writer's reluctance that's the issue.
    I meant how they are experimenting in sense of trying to make older character which left cast relevant in much higher degree than Misty or May did, being still part of pokemon series keeping relevance without necessarily joining main cast again but still showing on very frequent basis contributing to overall, better and more lively character interaction in main group, like rivals do.

Similar how Bakugan does for example.

Right now I can understand the rational to not include Misty. If May were to appear again then I'd be a bit intrigued.
    To be fair only reason is their reluctance. Right now Misty has marketing value(bigger than she had in HGSS remakes), popularity and appeal aren't issues and new games give something which she could do bringing benefit to story and giving easy way to reintroduce character and make relevant again.

With May i think she has most logical chance to comeback for RS remakes as representative of this generation, making more sense to use her instead of someone new.

This would be nice to see. More international tournaments would make it easy to have older characters appear without coming up with terrible excuses. *cough*BrockjoiningAshinDP*cough*
    I will be completely honest here.
    After so much time i wish Misty would return for at least 10 episodes(if Dawn can, others could as well) having credible reason and potential to be there such as traveling to compete in events host by Cynthia to advance her own water master dream, catch new Unova pokemon(they can't be obtained in Kanto), and advertize games(since she is named as trainer in BW2). I wouldn't be surprised if her Horsea already evolved to Kingdra, or Azurill to Azumarill.

May coming back for some extended visit would be great too. If writers decide to incorporate world tournament with gym leaders in BW2, i could see Norman appearing and his presence would increase chances for Max and May return(despite there not being contests)as well.

I could see Brock appearing at some point too though, to give us update on his doctor career.

BW2 saga has massive potential, and hopefully writers wont screw that up and ignore all those possibilities.

Last edited:
    Back