• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New breeding Mechanics

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    First and most useful, the mother is not the only Pokemon capable of passing down Hidden Abilities. The Father can now pass on a Hidden Ability at a much lower rate than the mother can. Where as the Mother had a 60% chance of passing the ability down in B2W2, the father seems to have a much lower chance. Possibly reversed.

The second new breeding Mechanic found, the Pokeball the Mother is in is what determines the Pokeball that the baby is in. It seems to be more an aesthetic addition, but if I catch a mom in a Greatball then the baby will also be in a Greatball when it hatches from its egg.

What do you think of these new mechanics?

Personally I'm happy about the Father passing on Hidden abilities seeing as I was targeting Females only in Horde battles and most of the time I barely had any and the slight chance they had the hidden ability dropped even lower when I would get 1 female. Now I don't have to target genders and can catch whoever survives~

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • It certainly is a nice bonus, yes. although I'm not sure I'm too pleased about the pass-down Pokéballs though. Always preferred the humble Pokéball for hatchlings.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I really like the fact that the father can pass down Hidden abilities as well!
    Makes it all a lot easier (: I would like to know the exact rate thugh

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I love both mechanics!! I haven't tried breeding yet but this is really exciting. I wonder how this effects genderless or breeding with Ditto with Imposter. Also now I can try and catch everything in my favorite ball!!

This has been confirmed right?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • So, if Fathers can pass down DW abilities, Does this mean we can LEAGALLY obtain all Staters With DW abilities and breed Them?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    So, if Fathers can pass down DW abilities, Does this mean we can LEAGALLY obtain all Staters With DW abilities and breed Them?

That is what I got from it. Now the only downside is being stuck with the balls they came in. Yes I have already thought about how to swap starter balls. I wonder what happens in Male+Female Hidden Abilities. Maybe 100% baby?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2013
    Now the problem I have is if there is a good place to have a team levelled up so I can check IVs.

In B2/W2 the PWT let me enter 6 of the same Pokémon into one of the tournaments so I could mass-check IVs.

The battle maison in X and Y doesn't have any battle types that let me do this, so I have to check them all one by one which is horrible and slow and a nightmare.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So, if Fathers can pass down DW abilities, Does this mean we can LEAGALLY obtain all Staters With DW abilities and breed Them?
    Not all of them as the Unova ones haven't been released if I remember correctly. If we get them through the new Friend Safari then its possible yes.

Years
  • That sounds nice, being able to pass on Hidden Abilities without needing them. Cool.

But is the breeding system still nerfed in the sense that once the first egg is generated, its IVs are set in stone no matter what you do, like in BW2? Because that was a bit of a drag...

Years
  • I like these new mechanics, especially the bit about inheriting Hidden Abilities from male parents. And the baby inheriting the female parent's Poke Ball type is a nice touch as well I gotta say.

Years
  • I like these new mechanics, especially the bit about inheriting Hidden Abilities from male parents. And the baby inheriting the female parent's Poke Ball type is a nice touch as well I gotta say.

agree more realistic than ever and it is really true that
    the baby of a human inherits more from their mother rather than their father even if the baby is boy
    :D
    well played Nintendo

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Is it me or just...? Babies are unable to inherit TM moves now. {D:}
    It's a minor thing tho, since TM are re-usable. But worth mentioning. {:3}

Back