• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New but at the same time not new?

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years
    Hello there random person.
    Can I have your attention to my join date. It should say that I join in 2008. And this should be my first post in this forums. And what reason you maybe asking? I have no idea. I must have simply forgot what I was doing here and the reason why I made an account that I did nothing.

But anyways, ignoring that, incase you didn't know I'm a Pokemon fan. Who would have guess? Been playing since the Red/Blue days and still enjoy it with the newest games Black/White. I'm a decent battler if I do say so myself, kinda of a mix between casual and competitive when it comes to multiplayer. I sometimes do weird things like making a physical Kyogre and the like, but thats just all for fun.

What brings me here is the Pokemon Starter Kit for the RPG Maker XP, to make a fun Pokemon fan game and I already have an idea and slowly working it out and not sure if I will even start making it, I'm currently just drawing. Gives me a good reason to practice my drawing, I'm a amature when it comes to it. Now I can't draw anything like some awesome dude can draw. No, my artstyle is (for now) simple. I can't draw fingers or toes so I just leave them rather round and... finger/toes less. Sorta like the powerpuff girls. I also can't draw eyes too well, even though they seem to be the simplest thing to draw. I just make one long line. Basicly, my drawing is chibi. Simple. Cute. It works. I would show an example but I don't think anyone would be interesting in my drawings.

Now the idea of what I'm going to make with the Pokemon Starter Kit is a Pokemon game without Pokemon. I know I must killed someone's braincell. A Pokemon game without Pokemon? The idea is to catch and battle with things, that itself should make it a Pokemon fangame. The idea I have is base off of the Pokemon Firered modification called Touhou Puppet Play (aka Touhoumon). It replaces the monsters with characters from the Touhou Project series as puppets (hence the name). Now I'm not going to use the same characters, cause if I want to play a Pokemon game with Touhou characters, I can just play that. The idea I have in mind is Wizards, making dolls/puppets and animate them with magic and use them in battles. More or less a fun game for Wizards. Thats the basic, but it might be interesting. Most/all of the puppets are humanoid, base on many different things just like Pokemon. I plan to do this all by myself, but it might be wise to seek help, or atleast suggestions I guess. But I don't think this is the place for that and I might have wasted your time reading this post.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Welcome (back) to PokeCommunity! Here you find a thriving community with many different aspects that I hope you will enjoy. I see you're already deeply into Game Design, so I have a feeling that's where you'll be spending the majority of your time. Have fun =)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Since you joined in 2008 and haven't made a post until today, you're still a new member despite your date. And it's been 4 years since! D:

You're still getting a welcome from me & my lovely pair above me though. :D Welcome to PC! The Game Development section is perfect for you if you're thinking of making a Pokemon game...without the Pokemon. I'm sure you'll find a way to make that game a success! ^_^

Also, if you are a fan of the games, I'm sure you'd be interested in discussing the games from each generation. :D There's the Current Generation Gaming discussions for 4th & 5th generation gaming, as well as the General Pokemon Gaming Discussions for games older than 4th generation, as well as any spin-off games you may have liked/played.

Anyways, I hope you can make up those 4 years you missed! You missed so much. D: have a great time, though. If you're confused with anything, you are more than welcome to PM myself or Snivy. ok!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Yup what Megan said is true, since you've just really started using the forums, your still considered a new member despite your join date which is back four years ago! It's weird that some of us tend to forget to the boards we registered on, it happened to me once when I registered into a poetry board that I forgot about it the next day and remembered about joining into it the next few months when I decided to write Poetry again. XD

Anyway, hey there and welcome to the forums! I've also been playing the games ever since and still enjoys playing the current releases! You can visit the Pokemon gaming boards if your interested in discussing them wherein Megan already linked you to! You can go on and share your game play experiences, opinions, suggestions and possibly help others with their problems if you really know everything about the games which would be really appreciated! ^^

And yes, you can find everything that you need in the Game Development section. It's one of the most active boards here and I'm sure it will help you develop what you're working on! Your idea seems pretty unique, I'll be definitely looking forward to play it if you ever release it! Of course, you can always ask for some help in the Game Development board if you have any questions. :D

If you'd like to share some of your works, you can post them over the Art Gallery though you'll need 15 posts in order to post images and links. I also love drawing the mini (or Chibi) versions of a certain anime character, it's much more easier and it isn't that complicated. The eyes could be pretty difficult too, I'm having trouble with it as well! :P

It seems that you're also into anime, in that case, the Japanese Entertainment board is the perfect place to discuss it, and perhaps make a fan club of a certain anime in Other clubs, too!

Have you read the rules yet by the way? If not, then I suggest reading it now, you might not really want to get into any trouble, don't you? If you ever get lost or confused though, we're always here to give you a hand, so don't hesitate to approach any of the staff members around. We don't bite unless you break any of the rules. =p

With that, hope you enjoy your time here and see you around the booaard~

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years
    Thankyou for the welcome.
    I do hope I will finsh and share my project, however I may not get to work on it until I have everything plan out. I have learn that it seems better to work it out on paper than make up as you go along. Seems more convenient that way.

I do wish to share my sketches and see how people like it, but that may not til sometime later. Can't go around spamming just to get 15 posts cause... yaknow. The rules. Hate to make anyone mad or anything.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hello there random person.
    Can I have your attention to my join date. It should say that I join in 2008. And this should be my first post in this forums. And what reason you maybe asking? I have no idea. I must have simply forgot what I was doing here and the reason why I made an account that I did nothing.

But anyways, ignoring that, incase you didn't know I'm a Pokemon fan. Who would have guess? Been playing since the Red/Blue days and still enjoy it with the newest games Black/White. I'm a decent battler if I do say so myself, kinda of a mix between casual and competitive when it comes to multiplayer. I sometimes do weird things like making a physical Kyogre and the like, but thats just all for fun.

What brings me here is the Pokemon Starter Kit for the RPG Maker XP, to make a fun Pokemon fan game and I already have an idea and slowly working it out and not sure if I will even start making it, I'm currently just drawing. Gives me a good reason to practice my drawing, I'm a amature when it comes to it. Now I can't draw anything like some awesome dude can draw. No, my artstyle is (for now) simple. I can't draw fingers or toes so I just leave them rather round and... finger/toes less. Sorta like the powerpuff girls. I also can't draw eyes too well, even though they seem to be the simplest thing to draw. I just make one long line. Basicly, my drawing is chibi. Simple. Cute. It works. I would show an example but I don't think anyone would be interesting in my drawings.

Now the idea of what I'm going to make with the Pokemon Starter Kit is a Pokemon game without Pokemon. I know I must killed someone's braincell. A Pokemon game without Pokemon? The idea is to catch and battle with things, that itself should make it a Pokemon fangame. The idea I have is base off of the Pokemon Firered modification called Touhou Puppet Play (aka Touhoumon). It replaces the monsters with characters from the Touhou Project series as puppets (hence the name). Now I'm not going to use the same characters, cause if I want to play a Pokemon game with Touhou characters, I can just play that. The idea I have in mind is Wizards, making dolls/puppets and animate them with magic and use them in battles. More or less a fun game for Wizards. Thats the basic, but it might be interesting. Most/all of the puppets are humanoid, base on many different things just like Pokemon. I plan to do this all by myself, but it might be wise to seek help, or atleast suggestions I guess. But I don't think this is the place for that and I might have wasted your time reading this post.

Welcome back, or a belated welcome to the forums, huh? Hmm... That's quite a long introduction you have there. 4 years is a really, really long time between registration and first post. ^.^ I don't think I have ever done something like that!

Well, anyway, I think I'd like to see you stick around a bit more often, no? That'd be a good thing. XD

Back