• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New, But Not Really

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • Hello! I'm was formerly BadPokemon and I have not been on Pokecommunity since the first couple weeks of high school, so I wanted to reintroduce myself to you guys. I dont know if anyone left or how many new people there are, so yea. I pretty much forget everyone (well, im bad with names anyways lol). I am typing this at 12:00 a.m. after my final exams, so excuse my poor grammar haha (i used it all on my english final).

So what has changed about me? Well, I left when ORAS (idk when it was a while ago) came out, so its been a solid amount of time. I played through it and stuff, but I wasn't super interested. I still watch pokemon and I plan on starting a breeding project for a shiny this summer. I have never had a shiny...I even failed with red gyrados (I have bad luck).

So what has actually changed about me? My first year in high school has definitely changed me. If you guys new me before, I was a pretty devout Christian with a little immaturity regarding my (cough) horrible debating skills. And I am now a stronger Christian because I have been challenging my own beliefs and not going off of what my parents tell me. I still am challenging my own beliefs and researching for myself. My new account represents me as a changed person. I also have a firm grasp on the world and have grown to disagree with much of modern culture (contrary to my prior self).

What are my interests? I love school and just completed an honors physics course as a freshman. I love physics. And im going to try out rowing as my sport.

What other games do I play? CS:GO, Minecraft (im a nerd, deal with it), and I would like to get back into LoL.

So...whats up? Please ask me questions so you guys can get to know me better and vice-versa. I probably missed a bunch of stuff about me. I pretty much forget everyone (sorry) and treat me as a new member please.

Edit: C'mon guys...still working on a better slogan? haha

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • hello badsheep! welcome to pc! haha it's 12 am here too. well i'm assuming school is out for you? i wish it was for me, but i decided to take some summer classes. if you check out the pokemon trading thread, you can always trade for a shiny. that's what i use to do when i first joined pc. i love school too so don't worry, i'm a nerd too. let me know if you need help with anything or a friend, just drop a vm.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • hello badsheep! welcome to pc! haha it's 12 am here too. well i'm assuming school is out for you? i wish it was for me, but i decided to take some summer classes. if you check out the pokemon trading thread, you can always trade for a shiny. that's what i use to do when i first joined pc. i love school too so don't worry, i'm a nerd too. let me know if you need help with anything or a friend, just drop a vm.

Yes, school is out for me officially. Except I am taking summer classes (not summer school-there is a difference), interning, and studying physics at a prestigious university this summer (sorry, I won't reveal where, so just take my word for it). I dont have anything to trade for a shiny anyways, and I want it to be special. I want to breed my own and of a special pokemon of mine with a nickname. It will never be traded. I still can not decide tho. I have no items for breeding in ORAS, but everything in XY. Is it easy to get the items for breeding in ORAS? How? Also, what should I breed? I have nothing to shorten the steps other than flame body. I kind of want to do Scatterbug, but its in XY. Is it ok if I friend you?

Edit: Ah! How could I forget?! I love ceramics and i took a ceramics class in school and Im not bad (except my glazing/engobing haha). I hope to mess around with ceramics over the summer somehow and make a pokemon plate for my favorite you tuber.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • Yes, school is out for me officially. Except I am taking summer classes (not summer school-there is a difference), interning, and studying physics at a prestigious university this summer (sorry, I won't reveal where, so just take my word for it). I dont have anything to trade for a shiny anyways, and I want it to be special. I want to breed my own and of a special pokemon of mine with a nickname. It will never be traded. I still can not decide tho. I have no items for breeding in ORAS, but everything in XY. Is it easy to get the items for breeding in ORAS? How? Also, what should I breed? I have nothing to shorten the steps other than flame body. I kind of want to do Scatterbug, but its in XY. Is it ok if I friend you?

ah i see. then you would have to hatch a lot of pokemon eggs! i've never caught a shiny pokemon before, i never figured out how it all works. i would use flamebody if you're hatching pokemon eggs. i'm not sure about breeding in ORAS. you should check on the pokemon general section on the forums to see if someone has that answer. sure! just send me a friend request and drop me a visitor message on my profile.

Years
  • Yep, it's almost 1 now where I am, so we must all share our nice EST time zone.

For the slogan thing, I too was confused at first (like two days ago). I actually researched it and that happens to be their slogan. Apparently it's from something a long time ago, so only the really old members understand.

I've only bred one shiny before. It was actually a Charmander on my old save on Pokemon Platinum. I took the Charmander I had on Heartgold, traded it, then thought it was super cool to just have a bunch of Charmanders. I then stuck my Charizard in daycare with Ditto... a few hours later... Yellow Charmander. However, I was like eight years old and stupid and eventually started a new game.

I'll be going into the eighth grade, but I'm taking three high school courses next year. Algebra I, Spanish, and some science class. I don't hate school, but I don't have a particular liking for it either. It's just one of those things in my life. I plan on doing something related to computers for a career, but I'm not really positive right now.

As far as sports, I've never really tried any of those smaller, non-mainstream sports. They've always seemed fun to me, I've just become too invested in the sports I play. I do a lot for baseball and wrestling, training and travelling wise. I then play football too, but that's a lot easier since it's with my school and stuff (and requires hardly a lick of skill compared to the other two)

Well, welcome to PC! If you just want to talk, send me a VM. You seem like an interesting person to converse with.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yep, it's almost 1 now where I am, so we must all share our nice EST time zone.

For the slogan thing, I too was confused at first (like two days ago). I actually researched it and that happens to be their slogan. Apparently it's from something a long time ago, so only the really old members understand.

I've only bred one shiny before. It was actually a Charmander on my old save on Pokemon Platinum. I took the Charmander I had on Heartgold, traded it, then thought it was super cool to just have a bunch of Charmanders. I then stuck my Charizard in daycare with Ditto... a few hours later... Yellow Charmander. However, I was like eight years old and stupid and eventually started a new game.

I'll be going into the eighth grade, but I'm taking three high school courses next year. Algebra I, Spanish, and some science class. I don't hate school, but I don't have a particular liking for it either. It's just one of those things in my life. I plan on doing something related to computers for a career, but I'm not really positive right now.

As far as sports, I've never really tried any of those smaller, non-mainstream sports. They've always seemed fun to me, I've just become too invested in the sports I play. I do a lot for baseball and wrestling, training and travelling wise. I then play football too, but that's a lot easier since it's with my school and stuff (and requires hardly a lick of skill compared to the other two)

Well, welcome to PC! If you just want to talk, send me a VM. You seem like an interesting person to converse with.

Yea, my other account was from 2013 I believe and it had that same slogan. I am pretty interesting to converse with (i am a little biased), but my jokes are a little...dry. I like to think i am fun, and I try to be. At least I know i am not funny lol.

Eighth grade was a fun year, so dont take it for granted. Take advantage of the less homework and stuff because high schools was a big step up. I took Algebra 1 in the seventh grade and the class is not super difficult from what I can remember (but I am good at math).

Ill shoot you a VM and friend request. :)

Edit: you are making me hungry. I have a sudden urge to eat chicken fingers...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • That slogan has been there since I first joined, probably way before, so...

Anyway, it's good to see you back, BadPoke- I mean, BadSheep. I was wondering where have you been. But nevertheless, a lot of things has changed since you last visited, with the off-topic discussions getting a nice little revamp back at March-April.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. It always feels good to be back after all.

Also I'm pretty sure some of the regulars will recognize the username BadPokemon as well so don't worry about that :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Awheep, a Bad version of Sheep! Ahaeheee. Nice to have you back, friend and I hope that school has been well for you! I haven't had much shinies lately, expect the one time when I bred a few of them for a friend, but yeah. At any rate, I'm glad that you're still into the series~ I hope that you and I will become really great friends and you can contact me if you need any assistance or if you just want to chat~ ^^

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I definitely understand the feeling of returning to Pokecommunity after a long time of being away, can't say I ever ran into you way back when though, unfortunately. Either way, welcome back! I also understand the feeling of your past self being an immature nuisance, just check some of my previous posts from 3-5 years ago.

Don't worry, I've never really had a shiny either, I have gotten shiny gyarados and a few shiny event pokemon here and there, but no legit ones. The only legit shiny I do have is a shiny octillery one of my friends gave me, since he didn't really care for Octillery. While on the topic of shinies, my favorite ones are the ones that turn the pokemon into a brilliant Silver or Gold, like Sableye or Metagross. Disagreeing with modern culture is also something I'm fond of, if "Cynical" were a nature, I'd choose it instantly.

School has never been a strong suit of mine. Not that I'm not too great, I've taken all honors classes, but I'd rather do something more productive with my time.

Anyways, you seem like a pretty chill guy, so I hope to see you around a bit more!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • That slogan has been there since I first joined, probably way before, so...

Anyway, it's good to see you back, BadPoke- I mean, BadSheep. I was wondering where have you been. But nevertheless, a lot of things has changed since you last visited, with the off-topic discussions getting a nice little revamp back at March-April.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. It always feels good to be back after all.

Also I'm pretty sure some of the regulars will recognize the username BadPokemon as well so don't worry about that :D

@Candy: Did I know you from before? Sorry, I forget haha. I left pretty abruptly and I noticed the off-topic sub forum changed. Is there still the forum games section? The round table is the old serious off-topic discussions and the other one seems to be the old fun/fluffy off-topic discussions.

Everyone: It feels good to be back. Today and last night/early morning i spent so many hours messing around and VMing people. I finally finished my sig and profile, so yea. I am pretty excited to be back and make new friends!

Years
  • Yay for clones. :D Welcome back! Awesome to have you here again.

I'm.. actually wanting to get into Minecraft since I hardly ever played it but installing mods/texture packs just seems exhausting, though I know there are ways to speed the process up a little bit. Not on my priority list right now but I'm hoping I'll be able to get things going and possibly play on the server here on PC sometime soon. Fingers crossed.

Hope we'll continue chatting so do stick around and the like. Let's make this a PC sheep takeover, haha.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Yay for clones. :D Welcome back! Awesome to have you here again.

I'm.. actually wanting to get into Minecraft since I hardly ever played it but installing mods/texture packs just seems exhausting, though I know there are ways to speed the process up a little bit. Not on my priority list right now but I'm hoping I'll be able to get things going and possibly play on the server here on PC sometime soon. Fingers crossed.

Hope we'll continue chatting so do stick around and the like. Let's make this a PC sheep takeover, haha.

Thanks! We need to make a "Sheep World Order" on the forum-wide scale. After a while I think the members will be used to the sheeps ruling. If you study history, you would know some Greek tyrants (not a tyrant like today- these were for the people) made their policies and laws required for 100 years so people would get accustomed and want the laws by the end of that 100 years. Maybe we can do something like that haha.

I used to play mine craft a whole lot and even had a realm with a bunch of friends, but I haven't played much in the past month because I have been busy with final exams and school (also my most recent obsession is CS:GO). Maybe ill get back into it with the PC MC server? Can you give me a link to the forum page please? Also with the mods, google search "single command block mods" and they are mods with only one command block in vanilla mine craft. It might be easier than regular mods and I know some you tubers do showcases of them.

Back