• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New C-Gear skin announcement & discussion thread

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Firstly, there's a new skin for everyone based upon the Pokemon World Championships, featuring a Pikachu, aka official art for the event. This'll last from now until the 15th of September.

And! There's apparently an Audino skin for those in the USA (yeah lovely timing imo, but only US? pfft) to use and it's not yet known if the skin will be available for other countries (seriously please).

Questions are:
    - will you use either of them?
    - do you like the selection of C-Gear skins so far?
    - any certain Pokemon you'd like to see put in the limelight?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm using the Pikachu one. It's definitely cute and adorable, but I'll probably have to arrange my C-Gear so the lit up buttons aren't on top of Pikachu because he's a tad too bright. Although it doesn't really matter cause my C-Gear is barely on so I just get a nice pictureeee.

They're doing a great job with C-Gear design tbh. They're finding pictures with enough dark space that it's still usable, while still looking amazing. I just wish the Japanese ones would come over here, like the Kanto Starter ones (omg so good) and Dawn's Piplup. I'm just going to sit here and hope that the Victini/Reshiram/Zekrom ones come to the US too.

As far as Pokemon I'd like to see have one....Hydreigon, Volcarona, Gengar, Lapras, Eeveelution one, Mew, Unown, Smeargle, Slaking, Plusle/Minun, Rayquaza, Chatot, and of course Zorua/Zoroark. That's a lot, but any of those I would be happy with and I think they could make a good design with those Pokemon.

Years
  • I'm currently using the world championship skin. I unlocked the Audino one, but I don't really care for it and don't intend to use it.

But, personally, I'd want to have a Luxray skin.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I'm using the World Championship skin right now (it says on Serebii that that one isn't available for Japan, wonder why?). I'd love to get the Zekrom/Reshiram and Victini skin, they look amazing.

Personally I'd like to see skins of Meganium, Deliberd, Politoad, Chandelure (they could make an awesome design with his blue fire), Rotom, Weepinbell, and like Toujours said, zorua/zoruark and an eeveelution skin (or more).

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Personally... I have changed the C-Gear skin to the Pokémon World Championships 2011 one. As for the Audino one? I can't access it.

I think I'm liking what I am getting, but I still prefer Twinkle☆Minccino.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Will you use either of them?
    Yes, I love the Championship one. I also unlocked the Audino one, but it looks too plain.

Do you like the selection of C-Gear skins so far?
    I guess so.

Any certain Pokemon you'd like to see put in the limelight?
    I'd like to see a Meloetta (Pirouette form) C-Gear skin, although it's unlikely.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • - will you use either of them?
    No, I hate both Pokemon

No. Am I the only Pokemon fan who doesn't like the overly "cute" Pokemon like Munna, Pikachu, and Chillarmy Minccino? Plus, I find Audino creepy in all the wrong ways (right ways being "haunted", an example would be Chandelure)
    An Elgyem one would be nice, as would a Growlithe, Chandelure, Murkrow, or Gliscor one. Maybe they will get some sense and release a Chandelure C-Gear for Halloween. Maybe they should at least bring us the good Japanese Original Generation Starter Evolution skins. I'd like that Venusaur one...

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Right now, I'm rockin' the new World Championships skin. It's the best one so far. All the other ones are a kinda boring tbh. I'd actually like to see a skin that features multiple Pokémon instead of just one.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Yes I will, they look really nice and its way better than the one I have now

For Japan, yes and for the United States no (i like the newer ones)

Either Cofagrigus or Chandellure

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    I'm currently using the World Championship one and I love it. It's got an urban feel to it that I find extremely cool :) I rearranged my C-Gear buttons so I could see more of it when using it.

Pym

atomic!
    Years

the pikachu one is awesome, and i can't wait to use it! the audino one isn't my style, but it is still nice to have a wide variety of skins!!

for japan; yeah, they have a lot of cool skins, and it should be easy to find one of your liking.
    everywhere else; we have what, like 4 skins? and two of them are pikachu? it just seems unfair, tbh. we deserve other skins as well.

tepig, mime jr., or bulbasaur. all three of them would be adorable :3

i want to use the vinesaur one so much D;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Well I can only get the skateboard Pikachu one, but I like the look of it so I will be using it. I am liking the selections so far, it was a good idea to make it customisable. I am still waiting for my Eeveelutions/Vaporeon C-Gear though, that'd be so awesome to have.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just going to throw in here that there's now a Croagunk C-Gear skin that can be downloaded from the US GL from now until March 2012. Are you guys going to download it?

/won't because it's US ;;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Okay, so are these three skins just available for download automatically? I haven't been on the DW in FOREVER!
    I haven't seen the Pikachu one yet, but I have seen both the Audino and Croagunk ones. Ima waitin for the Venusaur skin, it looks pretty cool :3 But I would like one to be done with Typhlosion or something. Maybe.

The selection so far for us in the US is "lookin' pretty good"[/The way GLaDOS says it] :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    I need to download the World Championships one, like the image!

I do want to see a Chandelure and Gothitelle skin for Halloween, and a Deliberd and Stantler one for Christmas. That'll be fun =)

I need to download the World Championships one, like the image!

I do want to see a Chandelure and Gothitelle skin for Halloween, and a Deliberd and Stantler one for Christmas. That'll be fun =)

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I don't like any of the c-gear skins available. Charizard one is awesome but it's Japanese only I believe... Gosh, why does everything have to be japanese exclusive @_@

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    - will you use either of them?
    I don't like the look of either of them.

I really like the Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur ones. But I don't think we've got them yet.

Mew, Zorua, Zeldeo (maybe promotion for event), Mewtwo. I think Mewtwo would look great in one.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I'm using the new one, the one you mentioned, I used to use the other Pikachu one.

Yeah there okay, I guess. So far the one I'm using is good.

Feraligatr! Although I highly doubt it would make an appearance lol.

Back