• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Castform Forms?

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Sooooo... Did ANYBODY like Castform? To me, Castform couldn't have been stronger. I made my Castform where he had virtually no weaknesses, always hit hard, always went first, and basically always won in both competitions and battling. What I hope they bring back is the importance of Castform, and maybe even add more forms. I want a Sandstorm form and I want Gamefreak to add a move where it's like Rain Dance, but for Flying type Pokemon, and then add that form for Castform. After making this thread I'm thinking of transferring him and putting him in my competitive team... Anyway, does anybody use him and what forms do you want to see? Ooooh, to long a Castform...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Add a diamond dust form. B)
    It'd actually be a nice touch if he turned to his ice form but had a shiny effect.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Castform would definitely be a good addition to a team, he may seem like a tiny guy, but he is an easy sweeper. Plus he had the looks of a kawaii ghost. I just loved him and he was so strong. He went in perfectly as the trump card of my team. First turn weather move doesn't matter because he has such high HP. After the weather move is in play, it's game over for your opponent. I truly hope they add more forms, like I hope they do the same thing for Eevee.

Anyway, Cute Pokemon+Strong Pokemon= Perfect Partner. That is exactly what Pikachu is for Ash, and what Castform is to me. I <3 Castform.

Add a diamond dust form. B)
    It'd actually be a nice touch if he turned to his ice form but had a shiny effect.

That would be awesome. :O

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Hm. Nobody ever used Castform? Weird, I thought he was cool...

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Ah yes, Castform... never got a chance to use him, but I always thought he was cute :3

Hm, maybe I should use one on my ORAS team, it IS given to you at some point.

And oh yes, new formes would be lovely!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I love Castform; in general, it's pretty adorable. Its stats aren't that great, though, so I've actually never bothered using it. :( As for forms, hm… I'd really like it to get a sand form, if Castform doesn't have one already. Aside from that, perhaps a mega-evolution? I'm not really sure how it would look, though.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Castform needs a Sandstorm and a Fog forme.

Isn't fog just overworld now? Or is it still a weather condition in battle too? Sandstorm is definitely a demanded form. I just want more forms that would make him more competitive, both battle and competition.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I would like them to give her a sand forme. I have been wishing for one since the day I tested out weather ball in the desert to see if the attack became rock.

Maybe they could give it a Mega evolution that has a sandstorm forme too? It could show that now it really does cover all forms of weather.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I would like them to give her a sand forme. I have been wishing for one since the day I tested out weather ball in the desert to see if the attack became rock.

Maybe they could give it a Mega evolution that has a sandstorm forme too? It could show that now it really does cover all forms of weather.

I imagine Castform mega-evolving into a fairy type and being the god of weather. I would love that, or if it stays normal, it could have mega-evolved forms of his current weather forms. I would love it.

I love Castform; in general, it's pretty adorable. Its stats aren't that great, though, so I've actually never bothered using it. :( As for forms, hm… I'd really like it to get a sand form, if Castform doesn't have one already. Aside from that, perhaps a mega-evolution? I'm not really sure how it would look, though.

I actually IV bred one in DP, miraculously getting it as shiny, and made a moveset that works perfectly. I had all three weather moves and used them depending on what type I'm facing. Then I use the type changing weather ball and sweeped the rest of the way.

Years
  • Mega Castform could also be Normal/Fairy. No need for them to get rid of the normal type. The Normal type could change with the weather so it's other forms would be Ice/Fairy, Water/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, and if they add in sandstorm Rock/Fairy. If they for some reason add a fog forme it can be Flying/Fairy.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Mega Castform could also be Normal/Fairy. No need for them to get rid of the normal type. The Normal type could change with the weather so it's other forms would be Ice/Fairy, Water/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, and if they add in sandstorm Rock/Fairy. If they for some reason add a fog forme it can be Flying/Fairy.

I imagine fog being ghost or dark form actually. But still, IS FOG STILL IN BATTLE? I thought it was overworld now ever since DP. I imagine Flying type changing if they impliment a move that works like rain dance but boosts flying type moves instead. Kinda like Tailwind? But then again, Tailwind boosts the speed of the whole party...

Years
  • Well Sandstorm boosts Sp. Def irc as well as harms the Pokémon who aren't Rock,Ground, or Steel. Hmm...maybe the reason they didn't give Castform a sandstorm forme is due to the ability impacting three types...but then again it is a rock type move so why couldn't they have made it rock...hmmm
    Anyways back to my point being not all weather moves necessary boost the moves of the type of the weather (discounting abilities).

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    However it's not like they would be making Castform OP. Castform isn't very strong unless you IV breed him. But it would make sense not putting it in, especially if they make the mega with Fairy type. Imagine a Pokemon who is Ground, Rock, Steel, AND Fairy. ._. Castform would rule the world.

Years
  • What new formes of Castform would there be really? If there aren't any new forms of weather at all, then I don't really see the need to introduce new formes of Castform.

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    What new formes of Castform would there be really? If there aren't any new forms of weather at all, then I don't really see the need to introduce new formes of Castform.

I suggested that they could add new weather conditions, strong winds turn it into Flying, fog turns it into dark or ghost, thunderstorm making it electric. These all could give new formes and be used for other Pokemon to give them boosts.

Years
  • I never felt there were enough weather effects in the game in general; correct me if I'm wrong but I'd like to see:

- Gale Winds (Flying)(Chip Damage)(Speed Boost)
    - Acid Rain (poison)(Chip Damage)
    - Smokey Air (Fire)(Reduce Accuracy)
    - Nightfall (Dark)(Reduce Accuracy)(+1 Dark moves)
    - Stary Night (Psychic)(+1 Psychic)

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I remember doing an all fire team with a Castform. Was a fun play through.

Maybe a variations of Rain involving acid rain? Lol poison Castform would be pretty cool.

Honestly I think it works pretty well with the Heat/Rain/Snow

4D73R

Trainer Cobalt
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I never felt there were enough weather effects in the game in general; correct me if I'm wrong but I'd like to see:

- Gale Winds (Flying)(Chip Damage)
    - Acid Rain (poison)(Chip Damage)
    - Smokey Air (Fire)(Reduce Accuracy)
    - Nightfall (Dark)(Reduce Accuracy)(+1 Dark moves)
    - Stary Night (Psychic)(+1 Psychic)

Sounds good! However I can't see chip damage from Gale Winds but boost in speed. I don't think they will add Acid Rain because everyone would die from that move. I think Smokey Air would be a copy of smokescreen though. Starry night and Nightfall sounds awesome too.

Back