• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New characters for B2/W2

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I'll like them to introduce a new character who is connected to the Shadow Triad rather than N and gives us hint on who they might be...and give us the backstory on them and Ghetsis

Years
  • I wonder...if this is a sequel do we still start with the male/female trainer in B&W or if there will be new main characters. So many questions i have and so much patience to gain...

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    What about new Player Characters and Rivals? To me, it seems like we need whole new characters to play as. You can't expect to force Hilda and Hilbert to start their journey all over again, that's just be dumb. And in that case, new rivals go without saying. New beginning, new player character, new rival.

So, what do you think? Will they add two new player characters or will they keep the old ones? Will they do both and have a history making 4 player characters to choose from? And if there are new player characters, will they do like GSC and have the old protagonists as the Strongest Trainers (Fighting both with two different teams would be cool)?

And Rivals. New, old, returning?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    What about new Player Characters and Rivals? To me, it seems like we need whole new characters to play as. You can't expect to force Hilda and Hilbert to start their journey all over again, that's just be dumb. And in that case, new rivals go without saying. New beginning, new player character, new rival.

So, what do you think? Will they add two new player characters or will they keep the old ones? Will they do both and have a history making 4 player characters to choose from? And if there are new player characters, will they do like GSC and have the old protagonists as the Strongest Trainers (Fighting both with two different teams would be cool)?

And Rivals. New, old, returning?
    We have to get new protagonists with new rivals. If we do happen to get new protagonists, it wouldn't make sense to have the same rivals and GameFreak should know that. :B Though I do want to see a Bianca/Cheren appearance (with them being older of course), that would just make the games complete for me. However I do not want them to be the strongest trainers, especially since Bianca had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be. I'd rather see her as Juniper's assistant or even the new professor (wouldn't that be lovely?). As for Cheren, I'm not sure what I'd really like to see him as. Something to do with being a hardcore trainer/member of something of some sort though.

Anyway, if GameFreak really wants to make these games fit the description we're seeing them as (sequels, very original and different, a big twist) they should add in new protagonists/rivals to complete the feeling of it. Like really. Pweez?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I also say we're getting new protagonists. Wouldn't make sense for them to ditch their team from B/W for an all new one (especially if it's going to be the same region as before). Hopefully the girl this time around has better fashion sense than Hilda.

And, as I laid out in my speculation contest entry, I would really like to see a rival this time around who's truly evil... a guy who goes so far as to join the antagonistic team and strong enough to rise to an "admin/executive" position if not become the leader outright.

Years
  • Yes, we need an anti-hero for a rival...it's been three generations since we had Silver...
    They could also hopefully add a dad figure to the new protagonist (maybe he could be one of the new gym leaders) as a call back to RSE. Plus I'm tired of them just mentioning the father and not showing him...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    They could also hopefully add a dad figure to the new protagonist (maybe he could be one of the new gym leaders) as a call back to RSE. Plus I'm tired of them just mentioning the father and not showing him...

If it's true there'll be new protagonists, how about the idea that one of current gym leaders is player's dad?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    That's already been done.

Now, if your character's dad turned out to be the head of the evil organization... there's a plot twist I would definitely enjoy.

The same like Vader turned out to be Luke's father lol.
    That would be good, after dad's disappearance player could find out that his/her dad is Team Plasma's admin and fight Team Plasma to meet with him and try to find out why he joined this team.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Oh, the possibilities! I hope Black and White 2 will do something similar to Platinum in adding a few new characters, though not necessarily affiliated with Team Plasma in any way. I also hope they'll be given more of a role. Charon made what, two appearances in Platinum?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • For some odd reason, I expect Cheren to become the new Champion of Unova. I don't know why, but I think it'll happen.

As for new characters, I suppose we'll see new player characters as well as rivals, as previously mentioned. Makes sense to me. Also, are we going to be having the same leaders for the last gym?

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Oh, the possibilities! I hope Black and White 2 will do something similar to Platinum in adding a few new characters, though not necessarily affiliated with Team Plasma in any way. I also hope they'll be given more of a role. Charon made what, two appearances in Platinum?

Charon made much more appearances. It's just that nobody, besides me, liked him. He said some weird stuff during your raid of their HQ and then he tried to awaken Heatran.

ON TOPIC: They should include an anti-hero, like Silver. He was the best rival due to his dark past. Also, I want a real evil leader like Giovanni since that guy was pretty cool.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What if we have the same characters but are in Hoenn? It would take care of the gen 3 remake( of course it wouldn't be a R/S remake but kinda like a sequel ) the story can as easily continue there as it would in unova

Years
  • An evil dad seems unlikely this generation...
    I'll like to see two new rivals, one that is like Green/Blue and the other who is like Silver (maybe the silver like rival can be a girl, we need a tough female rival), who is connected to Plasma somehow...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What if we have the same characters but are in Hoenn? It would take care of the gen 3 remake( of course it wouldn't be a R/S remake but kinda like a sequel ) the story can as easily continue there as it would in unova

I think people that want a real sequel to B/W wouldn't like that it's not in the region they like, and the people that want the R/S remakes won't like that they got gypped out of their own remake in favor of this. :(

As for new characters, I'm not sure adding a dad would make me happy but maybe have the new protagonist a younger sibling that was born while you were on your journey, so ~10 years later in the region. Child without a dad

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • What if we have the same characters but are in Hoenn? It would take care of the gen 3 remake( of course it wouldn't be a R/S remake but kinda like a sequel ) the story can as easily continue there as it would in unova
    No reason to do that. That would be like taking the same characters and having them show up in, say, Kershaw County, South Carolina. They would have absolutely no reason to stray that far from their home region (maybe a couple would travel overseas, but I can't imagine a majority of the main cast from B/W making a mass exodus elsewhere).

One thing that hasn't been done has been making the rival your sibling. If you're a guy, your sister becomes your rival. Play as the girl, and it's your brother. Maybe they can even become jealous that you keep pwning them and join the dark side :P

Yes, I do have a thing about wanting your rival and family members to be secretly evil. I think that would be a cool plot twist.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well I figure your champion why wouldn't you and Cheren travel to another region? In B/W Looker did recruit you to help stop team plasma why not recruit you to help somewhere else. I could see Cheren wanting to be a member of the international police force. Besides if Cynthia can make it to Unova I see no reason why we can't go to Hoenn. I am one of the ones who do want a remake of R/S but if we don't this could be the next best thing. Of course the story would take place after the original R/S so we can see the after effects .

Back