• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New D/P video!!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    The video shows what I think is the 2nd town. On the Shinou map, if you look in the bottom left hand corner there is a town with an exit to the north (probably starting town). The route (218?) goes east to the town the girl was walking through. The beach is south of the town on the map. To progress from where the girl was in the video, you must head north.

If anyone wants me to provide a diagram of the map with the places circled, feel free to post it here

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    I did a Google translation of the videos page and got the following:
    緑 [character missing か 22,000 Land, the Central Seventh impression of the 22,000 trees misty mountains が foreseeable ウ local!
    The 4th イ ド, never appeared モ ル パ 1492-1992 』で attaches, Hall ィ ル ド 6,805,000 Town ... and the bright performance of three-dimensional travel み れ が concentrate PRC concentrate, run 険 Seventh Brigade も り powerful realized funded railway. Leading character built indefinitely が か か presents directions hearing losses れ る south province も あ り Ou る Seventh March.
    Left indefinitely ム ... ... で ビ'96 Sudan even said both author golden よ round!

It doesn't really tell us that much other than there are 22,00 trees and the bit about a railway. Don't know how true this bad translation is, can anyone make any more sense out of this? I think this can prove the site is unofficial: "Funded railway"...lol...

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    ...And no town-specific music? Aww......

I'd say that's just stock music playing, not what'll be in the finished product. That or the radio's on. The music sure is catchy though, perhaps it could be the title screen theme?

It's looking better each time we see it. Also, did anyone else notice the town the girl was walking through is called Masago Town? Apparently "Masago" means "sand", so that'd make it Sand Town. Oh, I get it. It's near a beach. Heh.

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    all i gotta say is..WOW, i'm def gonna get this! looks pretty aesome i love the mapping awesome 3Dish effect!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Mr Snrub said:
    The video shows what I think is the 2nd town. On the Shinou map, if you look in the bottom left hand corner there is a town with an exit to the north (probably starting town). The route (218?) goes east to the town the girl was walking through. The beach is south of the town on the map. To progress from where the girl was in the video, you must head north.

If anyone wants me to provide a diagram of the map with the places circled, feel free to post it here

...What do you care? You said that you didn't want to be caught playing it...

Suicune Girl: Maybe it could be a radio. I sure hope it is.

Kazyx

H(u)Gs & (ki)SSes for everyone
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Very good graphics I must admit. This'll turn out (if made right) as a very good game, I wasn't too fond of Ruby/Sapphire's plotline really. Route 219, interesting. And the town, I do believe it is the second one. As for the music, maybe the radio. All in all, this'll (hopefully) be a good game.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    tyranisneasel said:
    Thanks for showing us this! It's so awesome to see the way it looks. This "railway" could be the transportation between the places in Shinou?

If you look closely at the map at the town with mountains around it's perimeter,in the centre, then at the far right hand side of this town, it could easily be a railway. I don't really trust the site and the google translator, seen as how it had beta writen on it.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
    Here's what I think:

1. The music isn't final. That music was just added to the video, and we haven't heard any of the actual in-game music yet. Although it could be the title screen or main theme music to the game. Maybe.

2. Don't bother with any translation sites; I tried using the Dictionary.com translator and got something COMPLETELY different. There was no mention of any railroad or any numbers at all. If you want a localization, there is no substitute for a human that can speak and read both english and japanese.

3. I agree that this looks like the second town. Check out the map directly above the movie and you'll see that the town is layed out exactly the same in the game as in the picture. In the picture, the town is on the southern part of the region on the west side of the mountains and just south of the big city. Although I'm sure you all could have figured that out yourselves...

4. To all of those people that said that the graphics were disappointing... this is where you were proved wrong :P. Maybe it's just my opinion, but those graphics look pretty sharp. Plus, the quality of the video isn't as nice as we'll get with the final game, either.

5. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm pretty sure that the Pokeball on the beach is just an item. The only time that we've ever seen a Pokemon in one of those Pokeballs outside of the lab in the starting town was in the Celadon city apartments where you could get the Eevee and in Stephen's house when he leaves a Beldum on the table for you. I don't think there would be a Pokemon just lying out on the beach.

Last edited:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Suicune Girl said:
    I'd say that's just stock music playing, not what'll be in the finished product. That or the radio's on. The music sure is catchy though, perhaps it could be the title screen theme?

I listened to that music a few times and made out that it was a remix of the original music from the title screens of Red\Blue and FireR\LeafG.

Back