• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Diamond/Pearl cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    I was pointed to this at the PokéGym a little earlier. I'm surprised it's not leaked further, but there again...

Anyways, the original topic can be found Here

Captain Library said:
    I've got a handy contact in Japan who got his hands on images of a flyer depicting 3 cards of the new Starters from Diamond and Pearl. He's just sent me some scans which I'd like you to check out. I'm guessing they're either promos, or the first images of cards from the set itself, can't say for sure.

As promised, the card design has had a slight overhaul - the flavor text's back and there's some minor cosmetic alterations, although most things stay intact including the circles - probably the best we could ask for really!

So as promised, here are the pics.

New Diamond/Pearl cards?

New Diamond/Pearl cards?

I've been asking a few people what they think. I can't make my mind up whether I like 'em or not...

EDIT: Better pics added

Captain Library said:
    Just received them a few hours sooner than expected! There's 5 cards for visual feasting... One of them, the electric one, I don't think I've seen before. Kooroboshi(?) or something is the bug I think.

New Diamond/Pearl cards?

Last edited:
    Years
    To be honest, I like the new style better than the old one. Even if there's really not a big change, I think they are better... But on the other hand, I hope that not all the cards will use this style, in my opinion it's a bit too "unique" let's say to be used for a common card. Maybe the EX ones or the promo should use it, or anyway important cards (like star rarity). That's my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I think they're awesome and I can't wait for these. Unfortunately, I must, as the UK isn't getting 'em until after DP is released...

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
    Years
    are these the real new cards?!? they look real to me! but they're blurry! I would love to see more clearer pics!, fang, could you ask um... Captain Library for better images?!?!

Plateface

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2007
    They look pretty good. I was expecting a bigger and dramatic change though.

Oh well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I was hoping for something exactly like this - something pretty similar, but made better. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...they've just tweaked it a bit. :P

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    The lack of coverage in regards to these is quite astounding. But there are more scans apparently, posted up at the Pokégym.

Captain Library said:
    Just received them a few hours sooner than expected! There's 5 cards for visual feasting... One of them, the electric one, I don't think I've seen before. Kooroboshi(?) or something is the bug I think.

New Diamond/Pearl cards?

Here's the original post. https://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40364

diarugapal

galipoka rocks
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Dec 12, 2012
    That's cool! I wonder what the electric pokemon and the bug pokemon is?

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    The bug Pokemon, Korobooshi is already well known, but nothing is known about it. There is no indication of it's types, and no official art has been revealed. These cards are groovy. The new electric Pokemon looks grand.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Right. This has gotten out of hand now. Too much bashing of WPM and this ain't fair on him considering he's 100% right...

For the sake of all parties, I'll come clean. Cascade made these images, and made them extremely impressively, and I helped get the word out. We were hoping this would turn out to be a pretty good hoax, which it WAS, since so many people believed the fake and are still even doubting it now. Even after WPM's blatant evidence that they were fake, I've spotted some people trying to find ways to prove they're real.

WPM found out that they were fakes and didn't want Cascade to get eaten alive, so he revealed the fakes without mentioning the names, which got him a lot of bashing. We apologise sincerely, WPM, we didn't want that to heppen.

In the meantime... aren't these the most realistic fakes you have ever seen? I'd say Cascade's getting better by the minute :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Where's the "proof"?

I'd like to make sure they're fake so I don't give misinformation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back