• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New DLC trailer is out!

The Indigo Disk will feature BBQs and playing as your Pokémon

The Indigo Disk will feature BBQs and playing as your Pokémon

Move over, Bill, now we can all become a Pokémon! Wait, that sounds weird…

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Article is up! (See top of thread). Includes some details not in the trailer (thanks official website for actually updating on time...)

Years
  • I wish we didn't have to pay for the DLC to customize our Poké Ball-throwing styles but I've already paid for it, so I'll take it lol. Hoping that little race minigame with Pikachu and friends isn't limited to just a select few mons either..!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I was mostly expecting the trailer to just be an ad for Indigo Disk, since it's just a week away at this point, and while that it is still mostly what it was, it did provide some mildly interesting info.

Having sidequests is nice and gives us something more to do in the DLC, as some games that go open-world make the mistake of making this big open world, but it's also terribly empty and boring. The open world games I've loved are the ones where there's a shitload of stuff to do and a fantastic world to immerse yourself in. The ones I've been disappointed in tend to be the ones that aren't. Of course, it takes more than simply having some degree of any sort of sidequests to make things enjoyable, but it's better than nothing.
    As much as I wasn't a big fan of the Gen 7 games, one of the things I did like about it was the thing where you could change your PokeBall throw animation, so it's nice to see that seem to make a return.
    Being able to apparently walk around as one of your Pokemon also seems like a fun new addition.

Though we'll have to see how everything turns out in the end, these things might not live up to expectations.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • It looks like they've included a lot of fun stuff in this DLC, hopefully there aren't any tedious material grinds attached to the new activities.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Looking forward to catch some more of my favorite and new Pokémon. Same for shiny hunting. Got them blueberries. Lol

Last edited:
    Years
  • I still need to actually beat the game for myself, and then get the DLC. Looks really cool and good though!

Days
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    The game still looks rough though... no patches for the awful look of the game! :(

Years
  • Looks like there's another legendary catch-a-thon... I'll have to see how that's implemented exactly.
    Happy to see the missing starters of the incomplete trios return though.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • Looks like there's another legendary catch-a-thon... I'll have to see how that's implemented exactly.
    Happy to see the missing starters of the incomplete trios return though.
    The legendary mechanic seems very interesting, like your telling me I can lure a groudon to me with a snickers bar? lol.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Probably won't be buying the dlc as I can't justify paying for more pokemon.

Back