• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New DSi, No GBA slot, evidence for G/S remake??

Professor Pine

Pokemon Professor
Years
As many of you have heard, the new DSi has been annouced, a new verision of the DS. But get this, it has no GBA slot! This is surely a signal that a new way to get many pokemon is needed, how can nintendo expect players to get many of their pokes from increasingly old games, soon only possible on the older version a console? Because they don't.

Platinum has three of the four legendary trio's, the birds, regis and emotions. Why have they left out the dogs, which out of all four are the hardest to get? Because they are going to be in a G/S remake, that's why! A G/S remake, coupled with a new Wii pokemon game, could supply the remaining pokemon not covered in D/P and Plat! They may have to do this, as more players move onto a new DS, which cannot be uploaded from.

For all the people who say "there will never a G/S remake, because every pokemon is availble" consider this. Ho-oh and Lugia are among the eleven pokemon not needed to complete the D/P dex, because they are only availble, apart from mystery event, on Colluseum and XD. Ho-oh and Lugia are not considered mystery event pokemon. The fact they are not needed in the D/P dex shows how nintendo accept they are hard to get.

This is all speculation but I think it's quite a nice theory, I hope it is right!

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
The reason Ho-oh and Lugia are not needed in the DS games is because they have never been released on GBA/DS games. Where GBA/DS games interact with eachother and they both can be played on the Nintendo DS and DS Lite consoles.

There will most probably will be a remake as almost everyone wants them, which means everyone will be willing to buy them. Which means Nintendo will be interested in making them to sell for cash. Which is the reason why the games keep being made.

If you follow the GBA Pokemon patterns you get this:

Ruby/Sapphire.
Then --> FireRed/LeafGreen (Remakes).
Then ---> Emerald (R/S Third Installment.

Then Diamond and Pearl come out on the DS.
Followed by the Third Installment.

Which goes back to the Red/Blue/Yellow pattern.

It's simple. Rather the fifth generation comes first, or the remakes do. I guess it's a waiting game after-all.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
G/S/G remake threads usually get the lock, so you know.

Your evidence is merely circumstancial. I do believe there will be another game including Jōto, but I don't think it'll be a direct G/S/C remake.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
Years
This is absolutely no evidence of a G/S remake. I mean, seriously NOT at ALL. You seriously think they said "Well we are going to release a remake of Pokemon G/S, so let's make a brand new DS model!"

A new DS model has been rumored for a long time, it has nothing to do with pokemon. As for the GBA slot pokemon, you just use a regular DS lite for it. They're not discontinuing the normal ones.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
"Well we are going to release a remake of Pokemon G/S, so let's make a brand new DS model!"

They could say it the other way around, as an excuse to make them. You're not going to be able to use Pal Park if you only have the new DSi, so what are the new people going to do? Buy the old DS Lite, too? They could make GS and say the new people need it haha.

Of course, they'd have to be getting into DPP quite late if they've had the GBA games

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
Can the new DS use that wireless thing to intract with the new one? I was thinking, that you could get the legends on the GBA, then put the GBA game pak in the DS, sending the legends to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, then if you wanted to send them to the new DS, since it doesn't have that Slot 2 thing, you could send them from the DS lite to *insert name of new DS here* via "wireless interaction" or whatever it's called.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
Years
I'm afraid I didn't give this topic enough thought. I still don't believe there is any actual intended connection between DSi and a G/S/C remake, and there's really no logic to support that.

However, it is certainly an interesting issue as to just what is going to happen with things like Pal Park and the like.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
Years
Your theory makes a good amount of sense, just hope for the best and be patient, its all speculation, nothing has been announced, so don't keep your hopes too high up. BlueEew's pattern theory is also good, I hope this turns out the way you guys are speculating it will. Although, I'm going to hate having to fork over a whole 180 bucks for a friggin' new DS model, and I've felt like I've just bought the DS lite, actually, I did just buy it! Thats what makes me sick, they just want you to throw money at them.

Years
  • Age 36
  • U.K.
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
Well, FR/LF was released some time after the Second GameBoy Advance, So maybe there is a connection there?

carter756978

Bass Player
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
could some people just make something clear please. i no its slightly off topic but it the dsi a brand new console or like the dslite - pretty much the same with a few new things?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
most of you guys should stop giving him such a hard time!
it's quite a good observation there, but for this to work, the new games would have to be DSi exclusive...

Sweet Speed

Smile...
Years
I've read this and I don't understand how this could be evidence for a Gold and Silver remake, I think if Nintendo and Pokemon wanted to really do it they would have probably released it for the DS Lite.

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
Years
Evidence for downloading Gold/Silver/Crystal because of the DS channel, yes. I'd almost take that as a given, considering how popular the G/S/C generation is. However, evidence for an actual DS re-make of the games, with up-to-date graphics and the rest...no.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
The lack of GBA slot is not evidence for a remake. 99% of DS games have no need for the GBA slot, and as such nintendo have stopped catering to the dwindling number of GBA games still being released. They aren't gonna abandon one of the key points of the update- being significantly thinner- just so the occasional player can play their old pokemon games when there are 3 they can already play (Which also outnumber the GBA ones in sales). Likewise, even if nintendo did consider the pokemon franchise in the update, they would realise there are dozens of any given pokemon circling around the GTS at any given time, and that the current versions of the DS are the most widespread consoles in the world- It isn't too difficult to get hold of missing pokemon through either of these methods.

As for your point about lugia/ho-oh, they may not be in the shinnoh dex for several reasons. First, and most obviously, they are not in shinnoh. In GSC they stayed perched in their tower and wherever lugia was, and in 3rd gen they did not move from the island either. Next, event pokemon are sales pitches- people go to events to get them, and spend money while they are there. It is perfectly viable nintendo will hold dozens of events in the future- several are currently lined up and an arceus one is inevitable- and pokes this rare are going to attract a lot of people. Next, there's the GTS, making it ever-easier to trade and clone events, thus increasing their availability. Likewise internate sites and forums such as this make organising trades simple too.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but you haven't found anything. I'm not denying that there may be a GSC remake in the future, but as of now you have found nothing hinting towards it either.

KJ

Focus!
Years
Evidence for downloading Gold/Silver/Crystal because of the DS channel, yes. I'd almost take that as a given, considering how popular the G/S/C generation is.

this is what i was thinking, with being able to download games via wi-fi, i think youll be able to buy/download the games but i wouldnt count on a physical cartridge game imo

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
Years
How on Earth is this evidence of a G/S/C remake?
But, about the DSi, it seems rather cool, but I'm only willing to spend money on it if Nintendo feels like being a d-bag and making Platinum only for it. =/

Miyu chan

Top Coordinator
Years
but Platinum has already been released, so of course it's for the regular DS.

Regarding the topic, there very well is a chance for a G/C/S remake. Since they're making a new DS they have to have all the pokies available.

Back