• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New evolutionary items won't evolve Pokémon (Fakemon).

Years
  • So I added a few new Items to evolve some fakemon that I created. I configured the Pokemon to evolve into another pokemon when this item was used on it (Copied the script from one of the eeveelutions). On the items side of things, I set its out of battle use, use in battle and special items as
    Code:
    use out of battle = On a pokemon
    use in battle = Can't use
    Special Items = None of Below
    ---
    So to my surprise it doesn't work so I search around and find this
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341357#8. I couldn't find anything with using the terms "ItemHandlers" or "UseOnPokemon" in the evolution script section.

Also the wiki is does not have a thorough explanation on using items for evolutions.

What I wanted is to have an Item that I use on a pokemon (Like a potion outside of battle) that makes the pokemon evolve. It would be very sad if this isn't possible.

Years
  • So I added a few new Items to evolve some fakemon that I created. I configured the Pokemon to evolve into another pokemon when this item was used on it (Copied the script from one of the eeveelutions). On the items side of things, I set its out of battle use, use in battle and special items as
    Code:
    use out of battle = On a pokemon
    use in battle = Can't use
    Special Items = None of Below
    ---
    So to my surprise it doesn't work so I search around and find this
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341357#8. I couldn't find anything with using the terms "ItemHandlers" or "UseOnPokemon" in the evolution script section.

Also the wiki is does not have a thorough explanation on using items for evolutions.

What I wanted is to have an Item that I use on a pokemon (Like a potion outside of battle) that makes the pokemon evolve. It would be very sad if this isn't possible.

Next time try using Ctrl+Shift+F to search through all the scripts. You would have found that those procs are in the PokemonItemEffects section

Years
  • Ok thax, but when the evolution is finished I get this bug:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: TypeError

PokemonUtilities:1230:in `+'

PokemonUtilities:1230:in `pbResolveAudioSE'

PokemonUtilities:1243:in `pbCryFrameLength'

PokemonEvolution:475:in `pbEvolution'

PokemonItemEffects:147

PokemonItemEffects:144:in `pbFadeOutInWithMusic'

PokemonUtilities:881:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonUtilities:881:in `pbFadeOutInWithMusic'

PokemonItemEffects:144

PokemonItemEffects:134:in `call'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\David\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    It could be complaining about the lack of a pokemon cry. I'll see if that is the problem or not.

Back