• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] New Font in Battle

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Is it possible to have one font in Pokémon essentials 17.2 for people talking in the overworld, a different one for the text in the overlay_message.png box, and another one to display in the databox_normal.png etc. data boxes? I'm trying to emulate the style of R/S/E and this is how it is in the game, and the text will only fit in the text boxes if I can use a different font.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    New Font in Battle

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Since there have been no responses so far, maybe this rewording is better: Where in PokeBattle_Scene does it set the font for the text inside the data box, aka databox_normal.png, and how can I change it so that it uses another default font, power green small?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2020
    Wait sorry: you can, on line 627, change "pbSetSystemFont(self.bitmap)" to " pbSetSmallFont(self.bitmap)"

Back