• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Fullmetal in the Works?

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Just took a look at this: Anime News Network - New FMA Series to be released.

And it seems there are plans for either a continuation (finally) to the Fullmetal Alchemist anime series, probably covering more of the manga. Or an anime of the newer manga series, 'Darker Than Black', still by BONES.

Either way, fans of both series have a reason to celebrate. :3

Hopefully I'm not the only one here that's looking forward to this.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Yay!

I love Fullmetal Alchemist, it is one of my top anime series of all time, and it ended far too soon. I truly hope that this is real...

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • I hate to be a spoilsport, but while FMA is good, it isn't that good. I didn't really want more of it. And it went way off from the manga D=

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I agree, FMA ended just fine.. but if the second series follows the manga more, since it was so much longer than the anime, it should be good. I don't care, though. xD I love FMA, and I'd watch it regardless.

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Yes, but be wary. Often an anime that didn't need a second season will have one, and said second season will FAIL. Hard.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
  • FMA did not end JUST FINE, (SPOILER) Ed and Al are in OUR WORLD...WTF, why didnt they just close the gate on one side (END SPOILER)

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Maybe so they could end the series?
    Dunno, seemed fine to me. This season will probably be Ed trying to get back, and will probably fail.
    You know, like Naruto after you get three episodes into the Zabuza battle.

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Has anyone here read my posts, or are we forgetting that unneeded second seasons fail half the time?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I hope so.
    its just a perfect way to start off.
    they ended with him being stuck in the real world, and alphonse goes to save him(wait, was that right?).
    its a great way to start.
    and the plot was pretty good, and near main characters actually died(i'm staring at you bleach), or something terrible happened to them.
    however,Kenshin might be right.
    sequels suck, and just because this is FMA, it doesn't make it any better.
    well, i'll just wait till it comes out.
    then i'll judge.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I don't know. It was supposed to be a cliffhanger D:
    What? Is Near going to use the Death Note and become a new Kira?

Please, no!

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Gymnotide, I do hope that was an effort to say something that sounds really badass at first, then you realize it would fail.
    Like what would happen if they replaced all the people in Code Geass with flaming-maned lions. Really badass at first, but fail upon further thinking.
    And,--OH SWEET, ITUNES JUST RICKROLLED ME

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Another FMA anime series would be great to me, IDC if it somehow continue the anime story or somehow reconnect with manga. They could always do a branch type thing, by branching the new series off the episode where it left the manga storyline. That would be interesting :o

----------------
    Listening to: Zero 7 - End Theme
    via FoxyTunes

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The half of the original series that did follow the manga still deviated quite a bit, so they'll probably start from the very first chapter again or try and compress a lot of the early story since the series is only going to run for a year.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I clicked here thinking "Oh boy, maybe Kyoto Animation finally decided to work on FMP again!".

I was very disappointed when I realized this was a FMA thread.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Wow, this seriously just made my day. FMA is awesome, and I would love for it to go back into production. As for whether the new version would suck, I find that hardly probable. If Naruto can survive after three crappy filler seasons, anything is possible. XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I don't know. The thing about FMA is that it seemed to become a very different story after they got past the events of the Anime.

Years
  • I was so excited when I heard about this! I'd love for the new season to start up from when it split up with the manga and follow it until the end, but it's highly unlikely, isn't it?

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I clicked here thinking "Oh boy, maybe Kyoto Animation finally decided to work on FMP again!".

I was very disappointed when I realized this was a FMA thread.

Ack. Dx
    I apologize for my title throwing you off.

><;

but FMP did already have that Fumoffu series.

Anyhoo, I have a feeling the new series they're working on might not be FMA, but I'm really hoping it is. And if so.. that it does some justice to the rest of the manga. Somehow.

Back