• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Game Developer

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Hey PokéCommunity, it's good to finally get round to doing this at long last. I am Crystal Avlis a (you guessed it!) Pokémon lover, Game Designer (Not just Pokémon games), Musician and competitive Pokémon player.
    I have been designing Pokémon games with my good friend, the elusive Professor N for 3 years now, and we have tried all range of methods including Game Maker, Java, ROM Hacking, and, of course, RPG Maker XP. After realizing the enormity of creating a fully fledged Pokémon game from scratch, and disliking the limits of ROM Hacking, we eventually settled, like a lot of others, with RPG Maker XP. We created a game we called "Pokémon Black Water Version" which consisted of two games and a storyline centered around Team Rocket and Mewtwo. As, most RPG Maker games seem to, progress generally tailed off after the 2nd gym and progress became extremely slow, and ultimately the project was discontinued.
    I was on holiday, last week in a caravan with no internet and just my laptop, when I thought I might try again. From all the experience, maps and resources me and Professor N had gained/created I progressed extremely quickly and efficiently and have currently got five gyms in the game and aim to finish it within 10 days. It is to my annoyance that there are so many incomplete Pokémon projects around, that seem so good but makers soon get bored of because they spend to long on. That is why I aim to finish this project before I get bored, and I believe I can due to my current rate of progress. I do not wish to say anymore about the game but will leave you with this screenshot [See Attachments] until I complete it.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this,
    Regards, CrystalAvlis.

P.S. Anyone willing to help, PM me quickly and tell me what you can do. I am particularly looking for a pixel artist to create the town map and do overworlds for me. Thanks in advance!

P.P.S. The game shown in my signature is a ROM Hack I finished a while ago but I haven't uploaded it because it was more of a learning experience than anything else.

Hey there Crystal! :) Welcome to PC!

It's great that you've become so dedicated to developing games! Hacking is fun but it isn't for everyone. Game developing definitely has more leg room to do things; if that's what you're interested in, be sure to check out our Game Development board! It's perfect for this sort of thing and you can get useful resources to assist you with your project as well as request help and put a team together. I'm sure someone as into this as you would fit in very well. If you have any concerns about the board, you're more than welcome to message Maruno and he'll get back to you as soon as he can! He's the moderator there and is very knowledgeable in that department. He's likely quite busy, though, but I'm sure he'd be able to take some time to point you in the right direction if you're confused.

My favorite Pokemon fangame that isn't a hack is Pokemon Raptor, and from the looks of things that's one of the most popular ones as well. Hopefully you work hard on your game and publish it for our members to try out! We have a lot of avid fangame lovers here and I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to try another one. The screenshot you've provided us with is looking rather great as well.

But anyways, tell us a bit about yourself, Crystal! Your introduction's mostly you talking about your game so we'd love to know more about the person behind the screen. We know you're a Pokemon fan and game designer, but.. there's so much more you can include. :D; Maybe you can tell us how long you've been into Pokemon, what your favorite generation is, what else you enjoy besides the series (like music or video games), and so on. That way people have more to go off of when they reply to your introduction, right? We're always eager to know our new members more since it helps us make friends and get to know each other. PokeCommunity's that kind of place where you should never shy away from anything due to how inviting and friendly we are.

Anyways, enjoy your stay here, all right? Be sure to message me if I can help you with your forum journey in some way and see you around. :)

Years
    Hey there Crystal, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

I will say, I get really jealous of those who can code video games, while I can barely even code a windows program :3c but I wish you the best of luck in your game development progress! Like my good friend Cirno said, be sure to check out the game development section we have here on PC! :)

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure that you have looked over the rules here so that you do not wind up getting into trouble.. the last thing we want to see is a new member getting an infraction just by breaking a small and simple rule :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (users with the bold usernames), and they would be more than glad to help you out! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Crystal! You are always welcome to send me a friend request if you want! And if you ever wish to chat with me, you are always more than welcome to either leave a VM on my profile or send me a PM! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    tell us a bit about yourself, Crystal! Your introduction's mostly you talking about your game so we'd love to know more about the person behind the screen. We know you're a Pokemon fan and game designer, but.. there's so much more you can include. :D; Maybe you can tell us how long you've been into Pokemon, what your favorite generation is, what else you enjoy besides the series (like music or video games), and so on. That way people have more to go off of when they reply to your introduction, right? We're always eager to know our new members more since it helps us make friends and get to know each other. PokeCommunity's that kind of place where you should never shy away from anything due to how inviting and friendly we are.

Haha, well I guess I've been into Pokémon since I first saw my brother playing Pokémon Silver on his Gameboy Advance, which was when I was about 6. I used to love watching him play, craning my neck over the screen to try and watch what he was doing and enjoying see the story unfurl. I got a Nintendo DS at 9 and from there (I'm 15) I was hooked :D. My favourite generation in the main series has got to be Generation III as I just loved all the puzzles with the Regi's and stuff :3, but in truth my favorite Pokémon game is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue because the story-line is so prominent and the 99 floor dungeons are so rewarding to complete! Apart from Pokémon I enjoy the Dragon Quest series, Professor Layton series and Halo series, but on a wider view I enjoy psychology, creativity and technology. Well Cirno? Was that more like it? :P

Back