• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New game function not working?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    I?m not sure if I?m explaining this right, but any help would be appreciated.
    I?m trying to test my game now that I?ve added some events but when I go to start new game for one it skips the intro, which I know is a thing in debug mode, but I want it to play the full intro sequence.
    Next, after I click new game and it skips the intro, it?ll spawn me in the starter home upstairs room, but my character has no sprite, it?s just invisible, then if I try and leave or interact with any script, it gives me an error and crashes. I haven?t edited the intro scripts in any way other than the spawn location for the starter house.
    Any ideas?

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • I'm guessing that you put the Player Starting Position block in the player's room, rather than keeping it in the intro map. That would lead to exactly the issue you're having now. That would lead to the game starting immediately in the player's room - thus skipping the intro - and they wouldn't have a sprite as a result of skipping the intro and not setting up the player.

If this is the case, then you'd want to put the Player Starting Position block back into it's own map, with an autorun event for the intro that sets up the player character.

Back