• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New game to be revealed soon!!!

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Quoting someone I now who said this...

" AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!"

That was for all those saying no GSC Remkake because every single pokemon is now capturable. I bet they are the ones who are rich enough to buy the GC Games and also go to events.....

Once again, to slap some sense into the obviously lacking brains of some of u guys.

" AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!"

People want a remake find..just dun spoil thier mood, saying there won't be one...

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    That was for all those saying no GSC Remkake because every single pokemon is now capturable. I bet they are the ones who are rich enough to buy the GC Games and also go to events.....

Once again, to slap some sense into the obviously lacking brains of some of u guys.

"AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!"

Okay, now this is a fine example of "obviously lacking brains"...

ONE. At least the people who have said "no GSC Remkake because every single pokemon is now capturable" have provided reasons, made points to their arguments... and then you say "AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO PLAYS POKEMON NOT FOR COMPLETING THE POKEDEX AND JUST FOR FUN? POKEMON IS TO BE ENJOYED AND ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAME FREAK!!" For one thing, Bliksem has said "I'm not one to play a game strictly for collecting (I've yet to complete a Pokedex), but honestly, it doesn't matter. I have what I want, and what I had was obtainable." Completing the Pokedex is a SIDE QUEST, and most people here, I'm sure, play the game to have fun! Also, about "ACT AS A MONEY MAGNET FOR GAMEFREAK",
    Bliksem said:
    Nintendo wants to make money. That is its primary goal.
    So, basically you're just proving his and others' points and then some. Congrats.

TWO. Remember how G/S/C had Kanto in it? And remember how FR/LG was a remake of Generation I, which is Kanto? Kanto is over half the game in G/S/C! Johto is too short a region to be had alone without some MAJOR additions. And here comes another reason why Nintendo and GameFreak won't work on a G/S/C remake:

Having two Pokemon games on the market with Kanto in them (FR/LG and the G/S/C remake) will ruin sales for one or the other, and possibly both.

I really hope you're getting the picture now.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
  • As much as I'd love a GS remake, I highly doubt that's what it is. I'm guessing it's the third 4th generation game, or a spin-off.

I'd certainly love Nintendo if it was a 4th generation Mystery Dungeon game. XD

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I'm kinda hoping it's a G/S remake, but all in one, kind of like crystal, but with all johto pokemon and stuff. =P

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Yea. I agree with Myzou. But what will the sprites look like? Thats my biggest concern aswell as how far will the game be played-will it be longer than before or shorter-.

But I really hope tht there will be a GSC remake cuz im sure it will be so great.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    If this new game is a GBA game, (which is unlikely since all the GC games have all been discontinued, why not GBA?), maybe it will have massive connectivity with D/P, though the DS's two ports. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming.

Honestly, I believe it's going to be one of three things-

Possibility 1 - A spin-off like Dash or Mystery Dungeon. Pardon me if I offend, but they are nothing like the other, traditional Pokemon RPGs. I own Ranger and MD Blue. I like Ranger for one reason and one reason only - Manaphy! I'm a collector at heart... MD is ok, it's just boring to me. And Dash I am proud to say I do not own. Yuck!

Possibility 2 - No, not a GSC remake, but some kind of GSC 'revamped version'. Remember the reason for Fr/Lg? There was no linkability between the Gameboy and the Gameboy Advance. That's why Fire Red and Leaf Green were concieved. So this revamp needs, or will be lacking in, new Pokemon to trade. Bringing older players back with nostalgia is only an added bonus in Nintendo's eyes. See, here at the PokemonCommunity, we are mostly big-time Pokefans. But what % do you think we make up in the sales? At most - 49%. That means, at least, 51% of the profits are provided by either new gamers (physically young or new to Pokemon) and casual Pokemon players. There are thousands upon thousands of them, and only hundreds of us. Making a GSC remake simply for the sake of playing in Johto again seems stupid when you think about it. Nintendo would only capture the 49% of players - the ones interested enough or those that played GSC way back 7, 8 years ago. If this new game is to suceed, it must either surpass D/P in greatness or side-step it. Therefore, this game has two possibilities in itself (making the grand total 3).

Possibility 2a - A nostalgic, story-completed game meant for older gamers that doesn't compete with D/P. By story completed I mean that all the loose ends in all past games will be tied. I noticed in Fire Red that a Rocket scientist said that Giovanni's child (!) has red hair (!!). The rival from GSC is Giovanni's kid!!! This is what I mean. Loose ends.

Possibility 2b - (this is the least likely but the biggest $$ maker and the hardest to do) A new twist on the game, with new everything, a new way to play (like how Contests were introduced) or NEW Pokemon. I know, yeah right. I never said it was likely. But if it happens, people will buy the game like crazy.

I am happy with D/P coming. I will be content when I have my DS in my hands, put the game card in slowly theatrically, and play Diamond for the first time. I'll have someone else near with a phone ready to call 911 if my heart stops. Okay, not really. I'll just sit back, play Diamond, and wait for the future to reach me. That said, a GSC revamp seems very possible. Who knows?

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
  • Possibility 2b is impossible. If the game had new Pokemon, it wouldn't be able to connect with D/P at all (a major blow to the series and company). I say this because we've seen *all* the Pokemon D/P have. The game's data has been hacked to shreads. In RS, all 386 Pokemon were encoded, even though only 200 were availible. In DP, there are only 500 encoded Pokemon (two are eggs (plain and Manaphy's), three are the special forms of Deoxys, and two are the alternate forms of Wormadam.

EDIT: It appears that the new game may be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, confirmed to be in development by Chunsoft. I hope so. Mystery Dungeon was a lot of fun, if repetitious.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh, MD2... *cries*

Eh, I didn't think it was a GS remake. At least it isn't a useless spinoff, like the puzzle games. and maybe they'll throw in a free legendary like they did with ranger, or something.

I guess I'm slightly happy.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    What if they get all your hopes down and it's a FR/LG remake lol

Aqua Blue perhaps?

xDD

Not that they ever would, at least so soon... but if they seriously did, I'd have to hurt something. Lol...
    Wow... FR/LG remake... xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    That really sucks, Mystery Dungeon was ok but I didn't like it enought to go out and buy a sequal.

Well, there were a couple loose ends...and if this version has Wi-Fi then it might be a major improvement...

Imagine EVERYONE on here coming together to form a massive rescue team!

(I'll have to take that line from your sig now...)

AC

Pokemon Master in the making..
    Years
  • I really hope it is a GSC remake. That was probably my favorite generation of Pokemon games. *cross-fingers* Please remake GSC =)

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I'm the kinda guy who plays the waiting game with these sort of situations, so whatever happens happens, I'm just gonna buy it whithin the first week it comes out.

Back