• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

usami

biohazard
Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    Here are the other seven, Clair kinda sucks though.
    jasmine.png
    pryce.png
    whitney.png
    morty.png
    clair.png
    chuck.png
    bugsy.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2004
    I kinda like clair the best there...

And something that just occured to me... Are the 3rd generation pokemon gonna be in this game... And have you got other ways for the trade evoloutions to occur?

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2004
    Oh yeah another quick question... Will the mystery islands be in it?

Sorry for all the questions

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    you could make a special part for where you can catch 3rd gen pokemon :P i also done some sprites for you

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Miroku, thanks again! I will be importing these ASAP! :cool:

Oblivion - I won't be doing a Kanto half. It will take long enough to do Johto, and I already have another hack in mind afterwards. Since I won't be doing Kanto, there won't be the Mystery Islands from FireRed and LeafGreen.
    BUT - I will be adding on some extra islands with some 3rd gen pok?mon on. I currently don't know how to edit evolutions though, so the trade-evolution pok?mon will be available on one of these islands. :)

Fudge01 - I already have the gym leaders, kenta's, marina's and kamon's sprites, but if you have anyone I don't have yet, can I please have them?

Darkened Absol - I will be releasing a beta when I have completed everything up to and including Violet City.

And Jason - i'm a boy...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    looks really good so far, what do u plan on changing groudon and rayquaza into? If u want i can change the to ho-oh and lugia? A good idea would be to change the kecleon events to the legendary dogs or atleast one of them into suicine and maybe the latios southern island event into Celebi. Id like to help if u need it.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 5, 2021
    Maybe you could change the EON ticket to the GS Ball and have it given out in a special event in the game so Celebi could be on Southern Island like EXexEXexEX said.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, I think I will do something like that, but I'll wait until I reach that point. It will probably take me a while to figure out how to do that, and I want to try and get a beta out first! ;)

Regarding the other legendaries, I'll be replacing Groudon with Lugia, and Rayquaza with Ho-oh. I'm not sure how I'll do the dogs yet, as i'm not putting most of kanto in the game... They'll probably be available on some of the 'mystery islands', and replace the 3 Regi's. But as I said, I won't be working on that part for a while yet!

Also, does anyone know how to edit the title screen?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    he's already told you that their won't be the mystery islands, read whats above before you post. I really like that route 29 you did, almost spot on :)

Darkened Absol

Dark Absol
    Years
  • Just by looking, This is gonna be an awesome hack. I'd love to help, but i'm just totally stupid when it comes to hacking. The only thing i know that has to do with a patch is applying them :( Ohh the shame....the shame....
    Anyways, you have my support *supports*

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah, I did say there wouldn't be any mystery islands from kanto, but there will be some new ones. You'll be able to catch the 3 dogs there and some ruby/sapphire pok?mon. There will also probably be a little secret or two somewhere in Johto, with a nice little surprise in ;)

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
  • This is probably my favourite hack-in-progress right now. At first when you started it I thought ''Just another n00b trying to make an impact'', but you've learnt how to hack well very quickly and the sprites your bud made are awesome. Considering you're pretty much doing it all yourself as well and at such a quick pace, I can't wait for the beta. :)

PS: Will you be doing anything with the Orange Islands? I know their location isn't very clear but I always assumed they were between Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, so maybe you could put the R/S Pokemon there? Just a thought...

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    I probably won't be working on the hack much over the next month - I have my GCSEs. I will still be working on it, just not as quickly as I have been.

I probably won't be doing any orange islands. The islands i will be doing will be similar to the Rainbow Islands on FireRed and LeafGreen, and will include some legendaries. I'm currently finishing off up to Route 32 though, so I won't be doing any islands just yet! :)

The Kraig

The Evil Scotsman
    Years
  • Yeah. They're the first 'big' exams you sit after four years at high school, in the UK. I'm sitting my Higher exams just now (the next one's on Wednesday), I was doing my Standard Grades/GCSEs last year, so good luck Yamichi. Glad to see you're not putting your hacking higher on your priority list than your education.

Bakura-kun

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Thanx for the support guys!

I've started a petition for Nintendo to make official remakes of Gold/Silver for the GBA with all the cool features the originals had (like night+day)! If you want to sign it, just click here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2004
    This hack is looking great! If you can can you put me in as a trainer on the road to the Elite Four? Before the entrance to victory road? I'll create a trainer sprite!

PKMN TRAINER JAMES: Venusaur: lv 36
    Ninetales: lv 36
    Feraligatr: lv 36

trainerjames.bmp

Last edited:
    Back