• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gundam series announced

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    No, it's not the next C.E. series or the...long awaited SEED Destiny Supernova. Here is a link to the official site, along with a short teaser here. The title is Kidou Senshi Gundam 00(pronounced double O), very little information is known, but according to the preview, those who can pilot Gundams are known as Meisters. They are part of an organization called the Celestial Beings, a group that is paid to stop wars. Nothing too clear about this, but it sounds like they work for whoever pays the most. This will be the first series to take place in the A.D. calendar, taking place in 2370. And the most persistently rumored staff members, directing, FMA's Seiji Mizushima, writing, from s.CRY.ed and Trigun, Yosuke Kuroda, character designers, Yun Kouga from Loveless.

First thing I'm happy about? No more Hisashi Hirai! I really like the character designs, it's great to actually get some diversity back into the franchise again, looks like a mix of Yun Kouga and CLAMP's work. Of course I doubt CLAMP would be involved, but it would be interesting to see them in a Gundam series. The Gundams themselves look a lot more basic than the SEED Gundams looked off the bat, I hope that means we won't have uber owning of enemies every other episode.

And for people surprised that the next series wasn't a C.E., it's been known for a while. Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa stated last year that they want to set up three main fan "pillars" for the Gundam world, U.C., C.E. and a new world to attract new viewers. This doesn't meant we'll never get series outside of those three worlds, but apparently these are going to be the main focus of the franchise from now on. The series will air at 6:00 PM on Saturday, something considered a prime time slot in Japan. The last few shows to have that slot were Gundam SEED, Full Metal Alchemist, Gundam SEED Destiny, and Blood+.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Seeing as most of the resident Gundam fans have deserted this place, don't expect this news to make that large of a splash here.

That said, a Gundam series using the AD calendar? First time for everything, I suppose. Staff checks out fine for the most part.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    The AD Calander..thats like our time!!! CooL! And, well, I thought Gundam was dead in the world, cool that it coming back.

Oh, and tyes, I am a big fan!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • YES! It's not another cra*py SEED/CE story! I'm very happy just to hear that!

The trailer was too fast for me too see the individual MS's, so I guess I gotta replay it 10 more times.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • omg hurray!

I just started watching Seed Destiny like... yesterday, but now I have something to look forward to for when I'm done! But no more Cagalli! Nu! That sucks. I'll miss her ;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Lol, no more Athrun? Thank God. I'll miss Cagalli though...hope this show and it's fandom are as fun as the last!
    CE isn't over, there's still the movie and probably a third series late next year or in 2009.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    2 series running concurrently(no idea hat it meant but I think at the same time)!?

Man..I Double 00 should be over by 2009. I cant wait for the movie though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    New info:

AEUG said:
    From Sotsu Agency's official website, the press release for Mobile Suit Gundam 00, the 12th Gundam TV series and the first to be broadcast in Hi-Def. The premise is given as follows:

"The setting is Earth 300 years from the present day, in 2307 AD. The series depicts the protagonist, Setsuna F. Seiei, who pilots a mobile suit (Gundam Excia) for a mysterious private militia (Celestial Being), going against a whole world where conflicts never cease and the struggle to eradicate war."

Setsuna F (Fanron) Seiei:

A Gundam Meister for the Celestial Being. He grew up in the war torn middle east and was discovered by Celestial Being at the age of 14 to have the special potential as a pilot. He doesn't speak much and comes off as a cool young man. He is now 16 years old.

Celestial Being:

The mysterious organization that strives to end all wars and change the world with only 4 Mobile Suits. Aside from the aim to put an end to all warfare, they have no ties to any government, is strictly non-profit and subscribes to no particular ideology..

There was also a bit of stuff the director said about the show. They want it set in AD to have the show's political views reflect that of the current world. There are three major factions in the series, The Union, a group made of the US, Japan, Canada, and Australia. Then there's People's Reform Federation, made of China, Russia, and India. Finally, the Celestial Being, a group made up of refugees and deserters who strive for a world free of war, despite having only four mobile suits, they are a formidable force.

Now, for background information on a few the confirmed staff, first, the director.

Seiji Mizushima (director)

His most noteable work is Full Metal Alchemist, but he has also worked on Gao Gai Gar, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Dai-Guard and Generator Gawl.

Yun Kouga (character designer)
    She was the mangaka for Loveless and has done work on some minor OVAs, Gundam 00 is her first major project.

Takayuki Yanase (head mechanic designer)

He has worked on a number of projects in the past, his first was Gundam X. He's also done Zegapain, Darker Than Black, Eureka 7, and he is the current head of the show that 00 is replacing, Towards the Terra.

Pictures from Newtype: Gundam Excia, 01, 02.

Last edited:

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • Hmm, I will look forward to this, but I did rather like the SEED series and I am happy that they are making more of them because I have a few characters I like from them. But I will be sure to check this out.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Yeah...They cant end SEED like that..they made it seem pretty cool... Lacus becomes Supreme Chairwoman and Kiran becomes Godly and Divine... I wonder how they can continue Seed...

However a series in our timeline seems very interesting.. Interested in seeing hoow they are gonna use the conflicts we have now and use it in the show. And India? ROFL!!!! Cant wait to see Tandoori Gundam or Prata Gundam!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    And a bit more information:

Gunota said:
    The official site updated with an outline & staff section. Nobuto Sue's name is added alongside Kenji Teraoka and Hitoshi Fukuchi to the list of concept designers. Also worth noting is Kunio Okawara is credited third as a mechanic designer, behind Kanetake Ebikawa & Takayuki Yanase. In Sotsu Agency's press release, Okawara wasn't mentioned at all, potentially indicating a reduced role for him compared to his level of participation in other Gundam series. The official site will formally open on July 10.

The story outline:
    "2307 AD.

As fossil fuels became exhausted, humanity found a new energy source to change their situation: A large-scale solar power system with three enormous orbiting elevators. However, only a few large countries and their allies reaped the benefits.

Three superpowers had ownership of the three orbiting elevators: The Union, based in the United States Of America, The People's Reform League, made up of China, Russia, and India, and Europe's AEU. The superpowers continue playing a large zero-sum game for their own dignity and respective prosperity. Even though it is the 24th century, humanity has yet to become one.

In this world where war has no end, a private militia appears advocating the eradication of war through force. Each possessing a mobile suit Gundam, they are Celestial Being. The armed intervention by the Gundams against all acts of war begins."

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • While I do not like any of the new MS designs, I do like the fat one:
    New Gundam series announced

I find it very original.

Asch_R2

The Power Within
    Years
  • It sort of looks like the Stike with the freedoms wings, fat and in the original gundam colours.

That Gundam is gonna be hilarious to watch when fighting on the Earth as it will be too slow.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I think some of those umm... I guess you would call those creases or edges or something... But there's so many unneeded 'edges' on that model. That what I found funny. Maybe it makes it shiney and it distracts the foes XD

Back