• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New here, but not to Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Gorming All! I've been browsing forums here for a while and decided I should finally join in the community.

I've been playing since R/B/Y, and was so in love with G/S/C that I was sooo thrilled with HG/SS that I even planned on taking a day off of work when it came out to play all day!

My favorite aspect of the games for a time was breeding, and now that I've learned to RNG [and slowly getting better at it] breeding is once again my favorite part of the game.

I still love Colloseum/XD and I've got planns on breeding in Emerald some more Poke's to battle in Colloseum to grind their levels away before bringing them into the 4th gen games.

I've never battled human opponents, so I will be looking for some advice here soon in creating a team. I'm just looking for a fun team.

Cheers,
    Ringo

Years
  • Hi there and welcome! I too have been a fan since the original and i seemed to like everyone in the series as they made them. You particularly enjoyed HG SS it seems. :P Your also just starting out with battling real people? Very nice, i never did do battling but from what iv seen its a lot of fun. There's a lot of people here who enjoy that and there's also a lot of people who could help you out. Just ask around or even go to the adoption center for someone to talk to you about it. (i'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself) Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope your battles go well and hope to see you around! :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How long have you been browsing the forum? HAVE YOU BEEN STALKING US FROM THE START? (okay I doubt that but still!)

Since you like to use RNG, you should post in Trade Corner to trade your Pokemon, breed them, etc. Or discuss what you've bred. :3

Ooh so does that mean you're intending to battle human opponents then? Because if so, Competitive Battling Center is where you'll need to go. Since in that section you can get your teams rated, discuss battling as a whole and just gain experience (and hopefully visit PC's Pokemon Online Server - which is found at the top of that section), pretty much making it easy for you to battle real opponents. Or just post in Tournaments and Events and request a wifi battle, etc. Either of the two work! But yeah, have fun around here, I'm sure that from your lurking, you'll know that any of us with bold usernames are here to help in your stay at the forum.

TheLegendary35

Legendary and Purple
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    Normally I'd challenge you to a competitive battle, but I've not the patience for breeding and EV training nor PokeGen, so I'll have to turn you down for that one XD. Nonetheless I can probably give you some competitive advice as I often play online. Ne'er an issue!

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Since you like to use RNG, you should post in Trade Corner to trade your Pokemon, breed them, etc. Or discuss what you've bred. :3

When I first learned to RNG it was only because I wanted a shiny Squirtle. It felt "too easy" [I wasn't going for a specific nature or spread, so I caught a wild pokemon, then found the seed, did the flips, dropped the Squirtle and ditto at the day care and viola]. Then when I started aiming for natures and spreads I wanted at first I gave up.

Well, I took another crack and caught myself a Shiny Giratina with pretty good stats [I mostly don't like perfect pokemon, as if they are all perfect they no longer are unique]. Now I'm HOOKED!

I need a few more under my belt and then I'll be opening a trade thread soon.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hi I'm pretty new here too though I haven't been creeping the forums for weeks lol. I've became a fan through the anime and startedplaying I became hooked.
    As I soon as RSE came out I was a pretty hardcore fan.
    I've never played XD or Collisiuem though and only recently got into the Ranger series.

Back