• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Here

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021
    I have joined pokecommunity after seeing posts about rom hacking and game developing. I have a question about recruiting team members. I saw in the team recruitment thread that you can't post there until you started making the game. I have started but I can't show anything like screenshots because i need artists. Where do I go to ask to help getting team members?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Voyager! Hm, unfortunately I don't have the answer to your question, but if you ask in this Q&A thread over at ROM Hacking, maybe someone who does will see it? https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=335486

Good luck with finding artists and other team members, and I also hope you'll check out the rest of PC when you're bored as there's a lot of fun things to do here. See you around!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello there to you too Voyager! Hope everything's all well.

As was mentioned above, the ROM Hacking section has everything you need to become a successful hacker. The Beginner's Lounge is a great place to get help, as well as asking in the Q&A threads. And if you are ever stuck, you can always contact the resident moderators Christos and Spherical Ice, who I'm sure will always be there when you need them. Good luck with finding spriters and members for your team and one day you shall show your hack to the world.

Have a great weekend as well, and enjoy your time at PC!

Years
  • Hey! Welcome to the forum! Like the username btw :3

Anyway, as others have said, we have a very large and active ROM section of the site you should totally check out. There you can find cool hacks to play by our creative members as well as find all the tools and resources you need to make your own. There are even some tutorials available! Goodluck with the hack!

If you need anything, just shout. Everyone here is super nice and willing to help!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2021
    Thanks for the replies. I was actually more specifically talking about developing a pokemon game that isn't a rom hack.

Years
  • Have you tried contacting Maruno, the Game Development moderator? I'm sure he'd be able to provide some suggestions. We have the mandatory screenshots/PC thread rule in place so people don't go in requesting teammates to pretty much make their game for them. Going in with more than just an idea you've written out is really beneficial to inspire others to join your team. If you're able to put together some screenshots of your own, even if you plan to rework them later, it would really be helpful.

That said, welcome, Voyager! :) Have a good time here and good luck recruiting.

Back